Limitless Arrma Forum 2s Speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that 122 pass was only 359.8A The motor temp was only 140F but the road temperature was 140F lol but I don’t think I’m gonna push it anymore. I’m kind of over it very bored got too much going on in life. Everything is expensive nowadays keeping up with everything. i’ll probably just make one more pass to get a video. Because the video that I got today was over 20 minutes and I’m not gonna post that.
I understand that completely. I am done running cars this year.

Yeah that 122 pass was only 359.8A The motor temp was only 140F but the road temperature was 140F lol but I don’t think I’m gonna push it anymore. I’m kind of over it very bored got too much going on in life. Everything is expensive nowadays keeping up with everything. i’ll probably just make one more pass to get a video. Because the video that I got today was over 20 minutes and I’m not gonna post that.
Been patiently waiting to see this car in action. Longer 1/7 body will achieve higher speeds..imagine you'll easily beat your all time 3s pb an kill your 4s pb.night an day between 1/7 an 1/8.mike you could really WOW some people with that car..

This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2s speed run challenge.

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 2s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 2s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 2 = 8.4v max voltage post run) (overcharging or LiHv packs are allowed)
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that, but will be split off onto a separate list)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 2s (3 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.
- Do not have to return the car, but crashes disqualify the run

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)****

(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

Single Motor Cars
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1slow rc mike
125​
2​
Hobao VTE 1:8Castle 1515 v2
2200​
2pYes
2slow rc mike
122​
2​
Hong Nor igt8e 1:8Castle 1515
2200​
2pYes
2slow rc mike1222Hong Nor igt7e 1:7No
3chris adams
116​
2​
Typhon stretched GT BodyTP40602pYes
4chris adams
114​
2​
Arrma 1:7 GTTP40802pYes
4LibertyMKiii
114​
2​
VTE2 1:7TP40702pYes
5K-BASH
101​
2​
VendettaTP3pNo
6K-BASH
96​
2​
6s Arrma 1:8 GT3pYes
7LibertyMKiii
89​
2​
Limitless open wheel 1:7TP40502pYes
8Edough13
88​
2​
Limitless GT 1:7
1721​
2pYes
9Diem Turner
83​
2​
VTE 1:8
1721​
2pYes

View attachment 317670

Last edited:

Very nice Mike! There is no easy way to say this, but the post-run voltage puts this run outside of the rules, which requires you to be at 8.4v or less. (you were reading 8.7)
I added this to a new sub-section below the main list because it is still amazing for 2s HV.

I think @slow rc mike a best option is to start a 2s HV list.
I have updated post 1 on the thread.

Last edited:
Very nice Mike! There is no easy way to say this, but the post-run voltage puts this run outside of the rules, which requires you to be at 8.4v or less. (you were reading 8.7)
I added this to a new sub-section below the main list because it is still amazing for 2s HV.

I think @slow rc mike a best option is to start a 2s HV list.
I have updated post 1 on the thread.
Pretty sure that says it’s allowed

IMG_4750.png

Pretty sure that says it’s allowed

View attachment 318358

Yep, overcharging is allowed assuming you end up at 8.4v or less post-run. Otherwise, you end up in the newly created secondary list for HV where you are over 8.4v post-run. I think setting it up this way keeps things fair for all involved. The alternative would be having to show your voltage before running the car, which would be a pain and I don't want to go down that path....

This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2s speed run challenge.

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 2s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 2s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 2 = 8.4v max voltage post run) (overcharging or LiHv packs are allowed)(if your voltage is over 8.4 post run it will fall in the secondary HV list)
- If you are fitting in the top 5 spots on the list you need to show voltage after the run with a voltage meter as the others have done.
- Any motor (assuming we are ok with dual motors should someone want to run that, but will be split off onto a separate list)
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 2s (3 wires) and if running parallel clearly show the connection going to the ESC.
- Do not have to return the car, but crashes disqualify the run

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list. (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)****

(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

Single Motor Cars
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1slow rc mike
125​
2​
Hobao VTE 1:8Castle 1515 v2
2200​
2pYes
2slow rc mike
122​
2​
Hong Nor igt8e 1:8Castle 1515
2200​
2pYes
2slow rc mike1222Hong Nor igt7e 1:7No
3chris adams
116​
2​
Typhon stretched GT BodyTP40602pYes
4chris adams
114​
2​
Arrma 1:7 GTTP40802pYes
4LibertyMKiii
114​
2​
VTE2 1:7TP40702pYes
5K-BASH
101​
2​
VendettaTP3pNo
6K-BASH
96​
2​
6s Arrma 1:8 GT3pYes
7LibertyMKiii
89​
2​
Limitless open wheel 1:7TP40502pYes
8Edough13
88​
2​
Limitless GT 1:7
1721​
2pYes
9Diem Turner
83​
2​
VTE 1:8
1721​
2pYes

HV 2s List
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarMotorKVBatteryPost run voltage
1slow rc mike
126​
2​
Hong Nor igt7e 1:7Poesidon 15152pVoltage 8.7
@LibertyMKiii this is my infraction entry.
New 2s PB but it wasn't a smooth one.
Really want to run this again but we have a a kinda rainy week ahead of us down here so not sure when I can. Destroyed 3 foams going off road after braking. This is a distance PB for me too but this is also why I never run the car this far. The road gets very rough and bumpy down there and cause it to "dig in" once on the brakes. Log shows more to be had with a longer run, I just don't have the road for it yet.

Screenshot_20230826_193639_Power GNSS.jpg

@LibertyMKiii this is my infraction entry.
New 2s PB but it wasn't a smooth one.
Really want to run this again but we have a a kinda rainy week ahead of us down here so not sure when I can. Destroyed 3 foams going off road after braking. This is a distance PB for me too but this is also why I never run the car this far. The road gets very rough and bumpy down there and cause it to "dig in" once on the brakes. Log shows more to be had with a longer run, I just don't have the road for it yet.

View attachment 319289
Congrats on the 116 pb.
Those last few mph on 2s are so hard to find....

Hoping to get this car to 120..ive got huge advantage with this car cause its so light an really should even have this car on these list with you metal chassis cars so i know its got much more of a advantage when i surpass your # next on list liberty its much easier for me to do with this car an i appreciate you letting me partisapate on the list with this car

Screenshot_20230902_191252_GNSS PA.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back