Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread will serve as the Arrma forum 2022
3s speed run challenge. (not the Arrma 3s line, but a challenge for running 3s voltage)

Rules:
- Have fun and enjoy the journey
- Be safe and considers others' safety!
- Help each other improve
- Must be 3s voltage (any number of batteries parallel as long as it stays 3s LiPo max voltage) (4.2v * 3 = 12.6 max voltage after the run)(overcharge is allowed)
- Any motor - Dual motor cars will be separated into their own list on this same thread.
- Any ESC (come on it's always the XLX2 ;) )
- Any tires (Rubber or foam)
- Chassis any 1/8 or 1/7 ("1/10" cars like Slash 4x4 that are truly by size/measurement a 1/8 scale are allowed)
- (NO 1/10 scale small touring cars like 4tec, serpent, Tamiya etc)
- Standard rules for showing GPS that we normally do.
- In your video show the batteries are 3s and if running parallel clearly show the connection.

****Post your video link in this thread and I'll edit the original post with a spreadsheet of standings a few times per week. Also note the car so I can keep up with the list.**** (I'll track up to 2 of your cars, but you must tell me the model of car in your thread post)
(Optional if you want to share what motor, batteries, and gearing you are running. I am totally fine with you keeping that secret if you would like)

Dual Motor
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarScaleMotorsKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1​
vwturbowolf
154​
3​
Limitless GT1:073 TP2 packsYes

Single Motor
RankingMemberSpeed in MPHCellsCarScaleMotorKVBatteryVideo confirmed
1​
Slow RC Mike1493sHobao VTE1:081515 Castle V2
2200​
2pYes
2​
Slow RC Mike1453siGT81:08TP Power2pYes
3​
Chris Adams1373sInfraction V2 GT1:07TP Power2pYes
4​
LibertyMkiii1353sVTE21:07TP4070-cm2pYes
5​
k-bash1313sVendetta1:08TPSINGLE!Yes
6​
vwturbowolf1283sVTE21:07TP4070-cmcustom2pYes
7​
Phildogg1273sSlash 4x41:08
1721​
2400​
2pYes
8​
k-bash1263s6s Arrma GT1:08TP40602pYes
9​
Diem Turner1223sInfraction1:07
1721​
2400​
2pYes
10​
Diem Turner1183sVTE1:08
1721​
2400​
2pNo
11​
Chris Adams1163sTyphon GT stretched1.08.5
2028​
1700​
2pYes
12​
rotauq1143sVTE21:07TP4070
2350​
2pYes
13​
Edough131123sLimitless GT1:071PYes
14​
RCBustanut1113sLimitless GT1:07TP4060
3480​
2pYes
15​
Edough131093sStretched Typhon1:072pNo
16​
rotauq1053sVTE1:08TP4070
4150​
2pYes
17​
RedondoBeachRC1023aLimitless V11:07
1721​
2400​
2pNo
18​
real_name_hidden803sLimitless1:07TP Power1PNo
19​
Senton_Prime753sInfraction 3s1:083200 Firma
3200​
no
20​
Velodromed733sInfraction1:08Surpass
3800​
1pno
21​
joshludden713sArrma 6s stretched1:08TP40602pno
22​
TN-RC683sSlash 4x41:08Stock
3500​
?no
23​
BuduMfan623sVendetta BLX1:08Stockno
@LibertyMKiii got a new pb with the typhon GT. Got some problems to sort out still but this car has quite a bit left in it.

Screenshot_20230820_194317_Power GNSS.jpg

@LibertyMKiii got a new pb with the typhon GT. Got some problems to sort out still but this car has quite a bit left in it.

View attachment 318303

Nice jump up the list for this car! I am sure it has another 5+ mph in it.
I would love to know if you find out about those beeps. My XLX2 does not beep to count the cells which I thought was weird, but it runs ok....

Nice jump up the list for this car! I am sure it has another 5+ mph in it.
I would love to know if you find out about those beeps. My XLX2 does not beep to count the cells which I thought was weird, but it runs ok....
There's a setting in the caslte link program that allows you to enable or disable the beeps if my memory serves me correctly, I think it's in the area where you can dissable over current protection.

There's a setting in the caslte link program that allows you to enable or disable the beeps if my memory serves me correctly, I think it's in the area where you can dissable over current protection.
I'll have to check that out...

I didn't know there was an option for over current protection!!!! 😳 my need Dat gone!!!!
Only protection I need is a ladder 🤣🤣🤣

I didn't know there was an option for over current protection!!!! 😳 my need Dat gone!!!!
Only protection I need is a ladder 🤣🤣🤣
Hahahaa, sorry, not over current proptection, LIPO cutoff voltage is what I meant!! 😂 😂 But I feel ya, over current protection is a no no, that's the other speedrun boogyman lol, often found hanging out with his cousin roll resistance!!🤣🤣

@LibertyMKiii got a New PB with the stretched typhon GT
Same gearing as last run but still didnt get near enough full throttle. The car is driving great again like it did on 2s. Took a little adjusting with the added weight.
@K-BASH i done tied up with the detta bro.
you gotta retaliateat some point lol.

Screenshot_20230821_192413_Power GNSS.jpg

Same gearing as last run but still didnt get near enough full throttle. The car is driving great again like it did on 2s. Took a little adjusting with the added weight.

View attachment 318442
Is this a challenge????😁😆😅🤣😂don't worry Christopher I got something in the works.lol ever tried to figure something out for years but just couldn't???come to find out the answer I've been looking for has been right in front of my face the entire time...if this works the detta will truly truly be a 2,3s beast with all the gearing I'll ever need..everyone bout to be blown away at some 2s detta #'s..I've never ,ever kept or held anything back from you brother..sorry but my lips are seeled on this one till I get 132/3s😄😁😆🤣🤣next weekend I got this..

Is this a challenge????😁😆😅🤣😂don't worry Christopher I got something in the works.lol ever tried to figure something out for years but just couldn't???come to find out the answer I've been looking for has been right in front of my face the entire time...if this works the detta will truly truly be a 2,3s beast with all the gearing I'll ever need..everyone bout to be blown away at some 2s detta #'s..I've never ,ever kept or held anything back from you brother..sorry but my lips are seeled on this one till I get 132/3s😄😁😆🤣🤣next weekend I got this..
Hell yeah brother. 😎 go get those numbers. It's fun trying to chase down that vendetta.
Made me feel some type of way calling me Christopher 🤣🤣🤣

👍
Hell yeah brother. 😎 go get those numbers. It's fun trying to chase down that vendetta.
Speed run brotherhood. Fun to watch y’all compete!

Okay,I gonna try an run 0.8 gears with a 83 ttc vs mod1 with a 64 ttc...haven't had time to research gear availability yet but I should be able to fit taller 0.8 gears.50t an 38t and 26t an 26t...wouldn't of ever realized this if I didn't buy a 199$ vendetta,plus I got new motor an packs coming for it within a week.

20230821_181212.jpg

20230821_181502.jpg

Okay,I gonna try an run 0.8 gears with a 83 ttc vs mod1 with a 64 ttc...haven't had time to research gear availability yet but I should be able to fit taller 0.8 gears.50t an 38t and 26t an 26t...wouldn't of ever realized this if I didn't buy a 199$ vendetta,plus I got new motor an packs coming for it within a week.

View attachment 318452

View attachment 318453
Just couldn't hold it in could ya 🤣🤣 man I hope you get all the ratios you dreamed of with the vendetta. I know you have had it setup with way more to give but ran out of gear. Goodluck brother.

View attachment 318452

View attachment 318453
That looks like a Traxxas gear?!!?

View attachment 318442

It is always nice to find more speed with the same gearing.... Good job!

Last edited:
Just couldn't hold it in could ya 🤣🤣 man I hope you get all the ratios you dreamed of with the vendetta. I know you have had it setup with way more to give but ran out of gear. Goodluck brother.
Nice!!!.....I just encountered this issue when I swapped over to M1 gears on the Infraction mega that I just picked up. Was looking to see if there was an alternate motor mount that would give me taller gearing options.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back