Infraction Arrma Infraction Digital HD FPV Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out tonight for a quick first night bash, mostly to test the front light bar..and damn it's very bright, so very happy with it.

Thanks again to @hdt1980 for sending me this light bar along with the light kit, bloody brilliant. :cool:

Car's going past were a little distracted by it..:LOL:

DSC02030.JPG

Screenshot from 2023-08-02 22-29-43.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-02 22-42-02.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-02 22-56-46.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-04 20-10-07.png

Driver's perspective shots...recording OSD is a PITA..requires taking a laptop out, if i had digital goggles i would be able to record the DVR footage. Despite my goggles being able to have hdmi in, they can't record via the dvr.

Screenshot from 2023-08-05 17-18-13.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-05 17-18-43.png

Screenshot from 2023-08-05 17-20-26.png

Last edited:
VEHICLE SPECS-
1x Radiolink 7CH RC6GS V3
1X Radiolink R8EF Receiver
1x Raspberry Pi Zero W

1x Raspberry Pi 5MP Camera
1x Alfa AWUS036ACH USB Wifi Adapter
1x 3.3v Logic Converter
1x 5v UBEC
1x Holybro Kakute F4 V2 Flight Controller/Ardupilot/Rover
1x Matek SAM M8Q GPS
1x Magnetic Light Kit From 4T Design Studio
3dtechmods-
Polycarbonate Carbon Fibre Side Skirts
Polycarbonate Carbon Fibre Rear Winglets
Polycarbonate Carbon Fibre Front Wheel Covers
Polycarbonate Carbon Fibre Front & Rear Mud Guards
Polycarbonate Carbon Fibre Front Grille
Front Headlight Lenses/Rear Tail Light Buckets
1x Runcam 5

1x Runcam 2
2x Gens Bashing 3S 8000mah 100C

GROUND STATION-
1x Raspberry Pi 4B
1x 5v UBEC
1xJoystick Module
1x Alfa AWUS036ACH USB Wifi Adapter

End Goal?
To have complete control using a racing simulator steering wheel, seat, pedals and handbrake.
Antenna will be mounted up high on the roof of the house from ground station for optimum video feed.
Best antenna will eventually be a HD television antenna with tracking that will follow and always be pointing at the vehicle.

Build is now finished, test run video..very light test and first time driving an rc car in years...please don't laugh it's very boring but the next video wont be.
https://vimeo.com/835422139?share=copy#t=0

Hi everyone, i thought i would start my build thread now for I'm on the cusp of building my fpv system to go into the Infraction. Then i can just compile everything here without creating new threads.

So the fpv feed will be controlled by 2 Raspberry Pi's, one the car and the other being the ground station. I was originally going to go the 4GLTE route, but after research is has shown to have too much lag.

I'll update this thread as i go along of course for I'm learning about this system as i go along and have a few more components to purchase so will divulge more as i get more into it.

So the car will have 3 camera's all up, maybe 4 for the system allows camera switching.
One HD cam for the front and rear and of course the camera which will be my eyes running from the Pi.

Range will be interesting, i know i can use the ground station as a radio link but I'll just be using the radio with a receiver claiming 2km range. I know the video feed will reach 2km easily not sure about the radio so will be an interesting test once it's up and running.

I decided to run with the Infraction instead of the Mojave for i realised i don't want to bash off-road anymore.
I would have to get in the car and find somewhere to run it, where with the Infraction i can drive it straight out the driveway and i have a playground of roads to bash.

The Mojave is just beautiful to look at, pictures of it don't do it justice they really don't.
But all time will be going into the Infraction, I'm waiting until some side skirts with front and rear wings become available plus i have an extra set of tyres on the way to chew up for i want to keep the factory Hoons new.

It's going to be picture heavy thread because I just like taking pics.:)

So welcome to my first build thread for my first Arrma.:coffee:

First pics are just with a couple of action cams mocked up, also to check what the field of view was like from both of them after recording. The front windscreen will be getting worked on to fit both front cameras, you'll only see the lenses once finished.

View attachment 296131

View attachment 296139

View attachment 308342

View attachment 308343
I love this!!!!!!!!
Damn man I LOVE all of this!! I want to get into the same thing with fpv im dying to experience all that. But I’m a hard core researcher and so when I get into anything, I go all in! Which is great but I’m already
“All in” on the Bugatti build so it’s hard to multi task any other additional projects bcs I’ll get too tangled up and end up doing less😂., you know what I mean.. ima have to save this thread if I can for when I’m ready!!

Last edited:
I love this!!!!!!!!
Damn man I LOVE all of this!! I want to get into the same thing with fpv im dying to experience all that. But I’m a hard core researcher and so when I get into anything, I go all in! Which is great but I’m already
“All in” on the Bugatti build so it’s hard to multi task any other additional projects bcs I’ll get too tangled up and end up doing less😂., you know what I mean.. ima have to save this thread if I can for when I’m ready!!
Thanks very much, and yeah research as much as you can, there's good stuff coming out soon I'm sure.

I'm wanting to upgrade to Walksnail, what i have is great but it's a pain to set up, need something which is quicker to set up, etc.

Ah the Bugatti build!

Will it be ready before x-mas? :D

Looking forward to seeing it finito! :cool:
Fitted some custom 3D printed louvres today, now to throw the new side skirts on.

Attachments

• DSC02078.JPG
    DSC02078.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC02081.JPG
    DSC02081.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02082.JPG
    DSC02082.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 28
Thanks very much, and yeah research as much as you can, there's good stuff coming out soon I'm sure.

I'm wanting to upgrade to Walksnail, what i have is great but it's a pain to set up, need something which is quicker to set up, etc.

Ah the Bugatti build!

Will it be ready before x-mas? :D

Looking forward to seeing it finito! :cool:
Fitted some custom 3D printed louvres today, now to throw the new side skirts on.
Thanks! Yea the Bugatti Build, I’m HOPING to have it done by December bcs that’ll be great and I can HOPEFULLY snatch that ROTM once and for all🙏👌.. if not December then no later than January! I actually finished the SkyRider build on new years night of last year and it was such a rush getting all the lights to function properly with 4 mini esc. Maybe I didn’t promote the Skyline build good enough to gain recognition to win any of the monthly rig contests. I was in second place last month with my candy stripe felony body but this forum took it down from the lineup at the last 3 day mark😡😡 with noooo explanation! Yea ok it was just the body on wheels but that is NOT anything that goes against the rules and it’s definitely not mentioned within the rules. So I was pissed when I did not get a reply from my complaint. Anyway man you’re lucky to be able to print your own parts👏👏👏 I still think that’s fresh and gratifying!! I have an Elegoo pro resin printer and full cure station but….. it’s been in thy box since last Xmas🫣🫣🙄,.. RIGHT when I finally pulled it back out and started learning CAD so I can replicate the headlight buckets I made for the skyline build, I received 3 bodies from Performance Limitless and I felt obligated to start the Bugatti. My gift is also my down fall because when I start something I go ALL OUT and over achieve my goals, but at that same time, if I allow myself to tinker with a second idea or project, I could “potentially” fall ass backwards into that project and once again go ALL OUT but at the expense of dropping the previous project which can be dicey bcs if you loose interest or work flow…. Its never going to get done you know lol 😝… so I’ve been eating and sleeping Bugatti ever since I started so I can finish soon enough to start learning
CAD and Chitubox before
“that” flame burns out.
PS:…. I did share all my measurements and stencils on here for my headlight buckets that were made for the Skyline. I’d like to see you or someone successfully make it to the printer!!👌👌👏👏 and to be fair I’d like a pair so that I can show it on my channel and possibly do another skyline build and give credit to the guy who successfully printed them! I think it’s a fair way to share designs and STL files with one another.

Thanks! Yea the Bugatti Build, I’m HOPING to have it done by December bcs that’ll be great and I can HOPEFULLY snatch that ROTM once and for all🙏👌.. if not December then no later than January! I actually finished the SkyRider build on new years night of last year and it was such a rush getting all the lights to function properly with 4 mini esc. Maybe I didn’t promote the Skyline build good enough to gain recognition to win any of the monthly rig contests. I was in second place last month with my candy stripe felony body but this forum took it down from the lineup at the last 3 day mark😡😡 with noooo explanation! Yea ok it was just the body on wheels but that is NOT anything that goes against the rules and it’s definitely not mentioned within the rules. So I was pissed when I did not get a reply from my complaint. Anyway man you’re lucky to be able to print your own parts👏👏👏 I still think that’s fresh and gratifying!! I have an Elegoo pro resin printer and full cure station but….. it’s been in thy box since last Xmas🫣🫣🙄,.. RIGHT when I finally pulled it back out and started learning CAD so I can replicate the headlight buckets I made for the skyline build, I received 3 bodies from Performance Limitless and I felt obligated to start the Bugatti. My gift is also my down fall because when I start something I go ALL OUT and over achieve my goals, but at that same time, if I allow myself to tinker with a second idea or project, I could “potentially” fall ass backwards into that project and once again go ALL OUT but at the expense of dropping the previous project which can be dicey bcs if you loose interest or work flow…. Its never going to get done you know lol 😝… so I’ve been eating and sleeping Bugatti ever since I started so I can finish soon enough to start learning
CAD and Chitubox before
“that” flame burns out.
PS:…. I did share all my measurements and stencils on here for my headlight buckets that were made for the Skyline. I’d like to see you or someone successfully make it to the printer!!👌👌👏👏 and to be fair I’d like a pair so that I can show it on my channel and possibly do another skyline build and give credit to the guy who successfully printed them! I think it’s a fair way to share designs and STL files with one another.
I actually don't own or run a 3D printer, i would like to get one though. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back