Infraction Arrma Infraction Digital HD FPV Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, so you can just roll up to Albert Park and walk around? I would have thought it’d be a secure area. You’re seriously doing this on the pit lane? What the hell, man?!? Not fair!!! 😂
Yeah of course, i used to ride my skateboard there years ago.

I walked around and even walked up the stairs to where they present the trophies, a good spot for awesome range being so high up.
Up stairs they have indoor sports courts, like basketball courts but for indoor soccer, etc.

People walk all around there, only once a year it's closed off.

The video software i was using crashed all my edits, spent an hour for 3mins worth of footage, so the video i have now was an I'm over it edit.:sleep:

I've found a better alternative so will use that for next time and hopefully it works.

You might notice in the footage my steering trim isn't 100%..but surprised how straight it runs without any steering input, gyro is also off so might try it, I've never used a gyro so will press the magic button and see how it feels.

Will do this video again like i did originally if new editing software works, this one is terrible.😑

Last edited:
Realised mt graphics card was on a different driver after a recent update, so i assigned the correct driver and wow i managed to use the editing software again. :D

Anyway this is my first video, driving it fpv was an eye opener, I've never driven an rc car fpv before and it really tested my reflex's which were nowhere. I've flown fpv drones very fast as low as possible but the pov is different, you also feel like your literally sitting in the car despite looking at a screen, so goggles will be even better and much more immersive.

The Infraction is ridiculously stable with wicked handling, so looking forward to getting used to it in a more secluded area where there wont be any people. The camera was roughly fixed to the windscreen so it was moving a bit, just waiting on a proper Pi camera mount i can fix to the windscreen, also need an extended ribbon cable for the camera.

After it's first run down and the ground station antenna being so low to the ground and next to a building, the video feed stayed solid the whole time, so the video feed will easily out range the radio's range which is great.

I enabled a setting in Ardupilot/Mission Planner to show total distance travelled so hopefully that works when i take it out again.

The side skirts and wheel guards kept the car really clean, i had a couple of leaves get in but that was it, the tyres picked up some of the Pirelli rubber left over from the F1 cars..i should have ripped a burnout on that rubber...:devilish:

The footage is pretty boring, but looking forward to going back there when i get the rust out. :)

https://vimeo.com/835422139?share=copy#t=0

Screenshot from 2023-06-13 00-09-29.png

Last edited:
Realised mt graphics card was on a different driver after a recent update, so i assigned the correct driver and wow i managed to use the editing software again. :D

Anyway this is my first video, driving it fpv was an eye opener, I've never driven an rc car fpv before and it really tested my reflex's which were nowhere. I've flown fpv drones very fast as low as possible but the pov is different, you also feel like your literally sitting in the car despite looking at a screen, so goggles will be even better and much more immersive.

The Infraction is ridiculously stable with wicked handling, so looking forward to getting used to it in a more secluded area where there wont be any people. The camera was roughly fixed to the windscreen so it was moving a bit, just waiting on a proper Pi camera mount i can fix to the windscreen, also need an extended ribbon cable for the camera.

After it's first run down and the ground station antenna being so low to the ground and next to a building, the video feed stayed solid the whole time, so the video feed will easily out range the radio's range which is great.

I enabled a setting in Ardupilot/Mission Planner to show total distance travelled so hopefully that works when i take it out again.

The side skirts and wheel guards kept the car really clean, i had a couple of leaves get in but that was it, the tyres picked up some of the Pirelli rubber left over from the F1 cars..i should have ripped a burnout on that rubber...:devilish:

The footage is pretty boring, but looking forward to going back there when i get the rust out. :)

https://vimeo.com/835422139?share=copy#t=0
So cool, man. I still can’t get my mind around the fact that you’re able to do this at Albert Park. Also, the closing shot of your video was awesome! 😂 When are you donning the goggles?

So cool, man. I still can’t get my mind around the fact that you’re able to do this at Albert Park. Also, the closing shot of your video was awesome! 😂 When are you donning the goggles?
Just waiting for a hdmi splitter, i have the capture card, once i have the splitter i can run the feed to my goggles and also record the osd footage.

So next drive will be with the goggles on. ;)

Yeah it's great to be able to drive there, I'm sure if i was flying a drone i would have been asked to move on, but no one bothered me apart from interested onlookers. :)

Just waiting for a hdmi splitter, i have the capture card, once i have the splitter i can run the feed to my goggles and also record the osd footage.

Yeah it's great to be able to drive there, I'm sure if i was flying a drone i would have been asked to move on, but no one bothered me apart from interested onlookers. :)
Dammit, you’re making a really strong case for a trip down under…

My hdmi splitter arrived today, so i plugged that into the capture thingy and presto i had the video feed showing on OBS Studio.

Never heard of OBS until the other day but yeah works great. :D

Now i can record what i actually see when driving, will make the next video much more interesting. :cool::coffee:

I edited a quick video to show the menu's in Ruby.

https://vimeo.com/835694364?share=copy

Screenshot from 2023-06-13 13-40-26.png

DSC01934.JPG

Realised why i wasn't receiving distance travelled readings...just had to ARM the flight controller.
This FPV system is now running 100% :cool::D
DSC01933.JPG

Last edited:
Shout out to @hdt1980

The adaptors i needed for the magnetic light kit arrived today. 🙏

Great quality kit Tony many thanks. :D:cool:👍💪

DSC01925.JPG

DSC01924.JPG

DSC01923.JPG

DSC01922.JPG

DSC01917.JPG

All screws have since been tightened down took the pics when i roughly threw it on.

Very much in love with this light kit, did a quick test before and yeah wow what can i say, it's really nice and the magnets are nice and strong.

The 3M adhesive pads are super sticky, after this test it will be gooped to the bonnet.

Did a quick video just because. :)

Silly me assigned the light to CH7...wrong channel so can't flick it on/off yet so it stays on but this was a test.

https://vimeo.com/838921673?share=copy

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01944.JPG

DSC01943.JPG

DSC01942.JPG

I can't wait to see this finished :geek:
I had to order another RED led, one of them decided to brake on me, tried to repair it but no bueno..i should have taped it down before throwing the body on. 😭 It was either that or it was just a dodgy one.

Also had one of the front light buckets strip it's thread so fingers crossed lights will arrive before the weekend. 🙏:coffee:

Finally have the lights all hooked up, the front light bar is very bright so will be great driving it at night.

Just waiting on a longer cable for the fpv camera then can finally button it all up, 99.9% completed. :giggle::coffee:

View attachment 313279

View attachment 313281

View attachment 313282

View attachment 313283

View attachment 313284

View attachment 313285

View attachment 313286

So are those taillights lens 3D printed Custom made? Or, are they off of something else??

always hating on the drones =(

Anyone else use OBS Studio with a HDMI capture card to record?

I noticed it's quite laggy..so footage from it will look a little weird.

Sadly my goggles DVR wont record when using them in hdmi input mode, couldn't believe it because through the goggles there is zero lag.

The OSD looks fantastic with the goggles, just a shame the dvr wont record the footage. 😭

So when i do a video I'll only be editing in quick clips with the osd footage.

Thankfully i managed to get around the ARMING issue with Ardupilot, when plugged in it automatically arms itself now so i get distance readings..that was the final hurdle.

The picture of my TV antenna...I'm going to mount my network card up there and will see if i can make a lap around my block. 😆😁🙃

DSC02008.JPG

Screenshot from 2023-07-29 13-48-56.png

Screenshot from 2023-07-29 14-03-08.png

Went for a quick bash today, tested the new proline tyres which are at the rear and wow they hook up really well compared to the choons, but i was on a road not pit lane at Albert Park..but impressed with them nevertheless.

The hdmi capture card which i scored for free from ebay..damn what a POS..the footage was so laggy after watching the footage it's not worth uploading..so I'm happy i never had to pay for that. :LOL:

Was good to see distance readings being recorded from the HOME position, the GPS works really well. :giggle:

Overall, good test, good bash..and most importantly good fun. :cool:

Bent the front splitter on a gutter. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

DSC02022.JPG

DSC02025.JPG

Screenshot from 2023-07-31 15-20-41.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back