Infraction Arrma Infraction Titanium Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a good way for me to test the idea but in the end I do want a solid titanium wheel as I get the experience from making it but also the sick looks as it will be fully cnc machined I’m also going to be delving into 3D printing parts of the wheels as they are 70 pounds to get a whole new set of wheels and I’ve only had my car 6 months and already gone through three sets of tires.

I use a fully enclosed machine six axis that’s actually used to make aerospace parts and already works on titanium parts. It is also flooded with coolant the whole time but the rings of titanium to bring down the overall cost could be something worth looking into.

Keep us posted, I would be interested in some wheels potentially for my speed project (depending how your design turns out)

All of the above. More power to you but titanium is not a material you want to learn on i.e. learn how to use your machines.
Start with steel, cheaper and less challenging. It's tricky to machine and will eat your tools in no time. The fire danger is probably more during the machining phase and not on the asphalt, keep that in mind as well.
Never directly worked with titanium myself, take it for what it's worth.

By all means, post some pics and vids when you are done :)

All of the above. More power to you but titanium is not a material you want to learn on i.e. learn how to use your machines.
Start with steel, cheaper and less challenging. It's tricky to machine and will eat your tools in no time. The fire danger is probably more during the machining phase and not on the asphalt, keep that in mind as well.
Never directly worked with titanium myself, take it for what it's worth.

By all means, post some pics and vids when you are done :)
Don’t worry I won’t be teaching myself I will be taught by the engineers working in the factory the ones who actually program the machines. It’s more to learn how to program the machines but also to get something cool out of it and I hope to continue doing this with other parts of the car.
Keep us posted, I would be interested in some wheels potentially for my speed project (depending how your design turns out)
Sadly I have to wait 3 weeks to start making it but I will definitely post pictures of my CAD files at first and ask for some help mainly with the looks of them and I would happily send you a set of wheels later on once I’ve tested them out properly.

Sheeeit, if you've got 6-axis CNC and a team of engineers to call on, you are pre-destined for success. Only questions you should be asking here are along the lines of, "Do you like the six-hole deep dish wheel style, or the five-spoke pattern better?"

Sheeeit, if you've got 6-axis CNC and a team of engineers to call on, you are pre-destined for success. Only questions you should be asking here are along the lines of, "Do you like the six-hole deep dish wheel style, or the five-spoke pattern better?"
That’s the real question. I know which one would be easier to make but it’s also thinking of other styles that are out there that might look better. The dish look would also be the easiest to machine and the strongest.
Well, the more I read this thread the more I understand. Didn't get it at first but it's starting to come around.
Just me slowly developing my idea and seeing wether or not I should do it. I am learning along with you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back