Kraton Arrma kraton 1730kv with a max 8 esc but just purchased a arrma infraction center diff to put into the kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee bonnettey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I have a arrma kraton v3 still brand new fully upgraded, but I want to get more out of it I have the leopard 4092 motor and a hobbywing max8 installed but I started thinking about what can I do to make my kraton stand out so I decided to get the arrma infraction center diff and I'm going to drop it into the kraton this will give it more pop and speed without even using 6s if geared between 15-18t spur it will hit over 50 without heat issues based upon the numbers and my testing, not to mention I've been in the hobby for over 10 years

I like you have a Kraton and a 4092 hobbystar with a max 8. Heavily upgraded including an m2c chassis. What I’ve found is trying to find the balance point between brutal power and a driveline that can handle. I’ll be watching ?? I’m super curious on how this works out ✌?

You're probably going to need at least a 21 tooth pinion to hit 50mph on 4s with the 46t spur.

You're probably going to need at least a 21 tooth pinion to hit 50mph on 4s with the 46t spur.
If my losi 8ight t truggy can hit over 50 geared at 45 spur with a 17t pinion the kraton can do the same with a 46t spur and a 18t pinion, a 21t pinion would be too high of a pinion and the kraton would run hot because a 20t pinion will run the kraton hot I have done this with a 20t and a 21t will be way to high a 18t or a 19t theoretically would hit 50 or more with 100c rated lipo

If my losi 8ight t truggy can hit over 50 geared at 45 spur with a 17t pinion the kraton can do the same with a 46t spur and a 18t pinion, a 21t pinion would be too high of a pinion and the kraton would run hot because a 20t pinion will run the kraton hot I have done this with a 20t and a 21t will be way to high a 18t or a 19t theoretically would hit 50 or more with 100c rated lipo
What is the Kv of the 4092 Leopard motor? What tires are you running? Based on the spreadsheet I use, with 165mm tires (Minokawas) and the 1730 KV model, you wont break 50 mph on 4s. You would just get there with the 2080kv model.

What is the Kv of the 4092 Leopard motor? What tires are you running? Based on the spreadsheet I use, with 165mm tires (Minokawas) and the 1730 KV model, you wont break 50 mph on 4s. You would just get there with the 2080kv model.
This proves my theory and this guy in the image is running the standard 50t spur and a 22t pinion, but I will be running a 46t spur and a 18t-19 tooth spur and yes in the image he's running a 1730kv 4092 and that's what I'm running as well with the 46t spur the speed will increase dramatically and yes it can be done on 4s without breaking a sweat with the proper kv and the proper gearing with a 100c lipo

Attachments

• 20190910_133030.jpg
    20190910_133030.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The Losi 8eight comes stock with a 2500kv motor (4s rated), 47t crown gear and 12t pinion in the diff. Kraton is 43 crown and 10t pinion, and in this case a 1730kv motor, so it's apples to oranges when you only focus in the motor pinion and spur between two different vehicles. Differential ratio, kv along with tire size play a big roll in final mph.

I've been running the Infraction spur for the last 6 weeks @ 20/46 & 22/46 gearing with a 1650kv motor in 2 of my Arrmas, so Ive already done what you're attempting to do.
You'll need at least 20/46 to hit 50mph on minokawas running 4s

This proves my theory and this guy in the image is running the standard 50t spur and a 22t pinion, but I will be running a 46t spur and a 18t-19 tooth spur and yes in the image he's running a 1730kv 4092 and that's what I'm running as well with the 46t spur the speed will increase dramatically and yes it can be done on 4s without breaking a sweat with the proper kv and the proper gearing with a 100c lipo
My spreadsheet calculates that guy as being capable of running 50.23 mph on a LiPo 4s battery. He's using a LiHV 4s battery which I am assuming is accounting for the extra 6 mph. So if you gear 46/18 on a LiPo, not a LiHV, I come up with 44.67 mph. 46/19 gets you 47.16 mph.

Look. Do whatever blows your hair back. My spreadsheet has always been good to within a few MPH I'm reality. I'd love to see you gear 46/18 and run over 50 mph on stock tires and a 4s LiPo. Be sure to get it on video ??

The Losi 8eight comes stock with a 2500kv motor (4s rated), 47t crown gear and 12t pinion in the diff. Kraton is 43 crown and 10t pinion, and in this case a 1730kv motor, so it's apples to oranges when you only focus in the motor pinion and spur between two different vehicles. Differential ratio, kv along with tire size play a big roll in final mph.

I've been running the Infraction spur for the last 6 weeks @ 20/46 & 22/46 gearing with a 1650kv motor in 2 of my Arrmas, so Ive already done what you're attempting to do.
Ok that's great to know that let's me know that my thoughts are correct with the 1730kv setup so I was right on it when I suggested a 19t pinion thank you for the conformation on the 20t pinion good to know that speeds can be reached of 50mph with the swapping of the spur on 4s that changes the game
My spreadsheet calculates that guy as being capable of running 50.23 mph on a LiPo 4s battery. He's using a LiHV 4s battery which I am assuming is accounting for the extra 6 mph. So if you gear 46/18 on a LiPo, not a LiHV, I come up with 44.67 mph. 46/19 gets you 47.16 mph.

Look. Do whatever blows your hair back. My spreadsheet has always been good to within a few MPH I'm reality. I'd love to see you gear 46/18 and run over 50 mph on stock tires and a 4s LiPo. Be sure to get it on video ??
Ok thanks for the reply so judging what you said I will need a 20t pinion that will work, as well as it does confirm that it can be done on 4s

Ok that's great to know that let's me know that my thoughts are correct with the 1730kv setup so I was right on it when I suggested a 19t pinion thank you for the conformation on the 20t pinion good to know that speeds can be reached of 50mph with the swapping of the spur on 4s that changes the game

Ok thanks for the reply so judging what you said I will need a 20t pinion that will work, as well as it does confirm that it can be done on 4s
20190910_141605.jpg

My losi 8ight t truggy is set up totally different I have a 4082 2000kv leopard motor with a 45t spur and a 17t pinion and temps never have been higher than 138 degrees

My losi 8ight t truggy is set up totally different I have a 4082 2000kv leopard motor with a 45t spur and a 17t pinion and temps never have been higher than 138 degrees
And....what size crown gear and pinion gear in the differential?

Ok now that looks good I really appreciate the help, what tires would be used or is that on the factory tires
And....what size crown gear and pinion gear in the differential?
I have no idea that's a good question I will find out, can't find out at the moment because I drive trucks over the road so my Rc,s are 1000 miles away lol..
Has anyone thought about changing the input gears to the typhon gears to make the kraton even faster or with a 1730kv 4092 and a 46t spur I wonder what the difference would be running 4s and 6s?

Last edited:
Ok now that looks good I really appreciate the help, what tires would be used or is that on the factory tires

I have no idea that's a good question I will find out, can't find out at the moment because I drive trucks over the road so my Rc,s are 1000 miles away lol..
Has anyone thought about changing the input gears to the typhon gears to make the kraton even faster or with a 1730kv 4092 and a 46t spur I wonder what the difference would be running 4s and 6s?

I'm almost positive the 165mm is the size of the stock V3 Kraton Minokawas. As far as using the Typhon input gears, you can't with the Kraton differentials as the Typhon gears are cut differently. You would need to run the Typhon diffs as well.

I'm almost positive the 165mm is the size of the stock V3 Kraton Minokawas. As far as using the Typhon input gears, you can't with the Kraton differentials as the Typhon gears are cut differently. You would need to run the Typhon diffs as well.
Ok I understand, I will just stick with the 46t spur that will get me going in the right direction for the project. And that does sound about right when it comes to the tires ok thank you for steering me in the right direction

Need to be advised about which pinion to use with 6s lipo on my Kraton v3? I have shimmed the diffs: 30/100/30 K
Thx

@bicketybam yooooo is that spreadsheet prefilled with Arrma data? Any chance you have that shareable on Google docs or something I'd love to use that!
It isn't prefilled but all the info required is on the Arrma website. You can find it online by googling bolospeed RC speed calculator ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back