Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s decision - recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’re going to run the car now and then on the weekends and have fun with it in parks, at family gatherings, and money is tight then rtr. I ran my rtr for 6months without doing anything to it but blow it of with the air compressor. Had zero issues...still have that car, it’s a v3. The v5 rtr is quite fun and will blow people’s minds that never, or haven’t seen an rc car in a while.
If you think this hobby is going to take hold, and you have extra cash for it then exb. By the time you get a radio, servo, and power system your going to have a grand in it to start. Maybe less if you go with cheaper stuff but then you might as well go rtr and sell off what you change out over time.
For durability, read this forum guys have plenty of trouble with the exb. I do not like the way the (Mojave and Kraton exb) compared to an rtr with the center diff stiffened up with thicker fluid. Both the rtr and exb suspension is sprung for the rtr weight and about a 5000mah 6s lipo. Keep what ever you buy close to stock weight or it will handle poorly.
If I were starting all over for my first car I’d just get the rtr and aluminum chassis braces, and go from there. Maybe the m2c wing/bulkhead support to protect the rear end (exb should have this as well). Stock electrics are fine and if they go you have a very good warranty (another plus for rtr).
Also need to save some money for a stout charger, safe charging/storage, batteries and tools...
For me this is the logic I went with. I don't plan on changing the power system and I have also read tons of posts that the V5 Kraton RTR is awesome right out of the box. I probably wont even upgrade my chassis braces for a while.

Hard to say given the lack of comparative testing but I see way less people bending the RTR chassis vs. the EXB chassis. The ribs they added to the rear were a great idea!

Exb for the W!! 😎

20220710_151230.jpg

Can you post a picture of your fan mount?
If you are asking me about my fan mount, I use a single 40mm high speed fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on mount (link below). That mount can accommodate two 30mm or 40mm fans if desired.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303935919733?epid=15048502612&hash=item46c3fe1675:g:pEsAAOSw8vVgZPVZ&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4KgxfY/B30n6OL+nqpXavEOG3HhOOJ0QpHw9tatSZ/lq4BH2G6Pn2ZPCk0tcPpDCH7XoFz0i/eMa64mGfEJlpe6yf0O4Vh9iu04GQgx0StaSHskvsVl34HjXgb+t8Vwe0yDSiUU9QIb7xIkMjcbKOzG7oMLdkKYK3sHFA8t06zbxLKCJAxT6nej3zHFFIpVCnI280KEUzjwnbf/UGYYy1Z3OJLrPrKBki0Y5M/xRUVP+r309z7hvKHObSsbgy8i4loHeL38SR7ZNP8MgZ8KjB9AwEOmhmzm4/gAjuAGUPg42|tkp:BFBMptz8-p5h

I probably don't even need a fan: I was able to run the Castle setup in low 80F degree weather with full throttle pulls for 20 minutes without a fan on the motor, and the motor temp never got over 128F. I put the fan on in case I need it when the weather temps are in mid-eighties or higher.

Last edited:
I thought I just saw the EXB on sale somewhere for like $416. If you don’t mind putting in your own electronics, go with the EXB, if you don’t want the hassle just get the RTR and upgrade it as needed.
+1
EXB Roller is best. The Electrics are subpar with the RTR's.
You are better spending on the EXB parts with the Roller. Better value and just install HW or better Electrics. Being too lazy to learn your rig and build up a Roller,installing your own Electrics and just buying the RTR will cost you more in the long run. With the added cost of a RTR, you are paying for the 2 year HH warranty.... mostly needed for the electrics. However you usually ending being a slave to replacing the electrics, Servo's and ESC's for the most part. And the Firma Motors aren't all that either.
My new undriven FT motor sucks out the box, IMHO. One example I may have to warranty it. It screams so violently loud at varying RPM's on the bench, unattached to the drivetrain standing alone. Poor quality BB's perhaps. I even lubed the BB's. HW motors for example don't do this for the most part. Not normal for any new motor to do this. New BLX Motors should always hum very quietly. Barely audible.
I see many buy the EXB Roller and install all that supposedly "Smart"Spektrum gear in them. Makes no sense to me. You end up buying electrics twice over.
I guess we all need to get burned once to figure things out.:unsure:

Last edited:
If you are asking me about my fan mount, I use a single 40mm high speed fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on mount (link below). That mount can accommodate two 30mm or 40mm fans if desired.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303935919733?epid=15048502612&hash=item46c3fe1675:g:pEsAAOSw8vVgZPVZ&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4KgxfY/B30n6OL+nqpXavEOG3HhOOJ0QpHw9tatSZ/lq4BH2G6Pn2ZPCk0tcPpDCH7XoFz0i/eMa64mGfEJlpe6yf0O4Vh9iu04GQgx0StaSHskvsVl34HjXgb+t8Vwe0yDSiUU9QIb7xIkMjcbKOzG7oMLdkKYK3sHFA8t06zbxLKCJAxT6nej3zHFFIpVCnI280KEUzjwnbf/UGYYy1Z3OJLrPrKBki0Y5M/xRUVP+r309z7hvKHObSsbgy8i4loHeL38SR7ZNP8MgZ8KjB9AwEOmhmzm4/gAjuAGUPg42|tkp:BFBMptz8-p5h

I probably don't even need a fan: I was able to run the Castle setup in low 80F degree weather with full throttle pulls for 20 minutes without a fan on the motor, and the motor temp never got over 128F. I put the fan on in case I need it when the weather temps are in mid-eighties or higher.
I run that setup but dual fans. I have 2 of the extreme cool fan mounts I like them a little better then the powerhobby mounts. Little more robust bigger set screw.

I have bent all my talion EXB aluminium same as my rtr aluminium think the diffs are better on the EXB though depends how you drive of course

I run that setup but dual fans. I have 2 of the extreme cool fan mounts I like them a little better then the powerhobby mounts. Little more robust bigger set screw.
I once tried a Powerhobby knock-off, and the tightening screw stripped the aluminum the first time I tried to put it on. And I wasn't even cranking hard on the hex driver. I only buy Powerhobby fan mounts now: I have one in each of my Arrma and Corally 6s vehicle - Kraton 6s, Radix6 (buggy), and Muraco (truggy).

I once tried a Powerhobby knock-off, and the tightening screw stripped the aluminum the first time I tried to put it on. And I wasn't even cranking hard on the hex driver. I only buy Powerhobby fan mounts now: I have one in each of my Arrma and Corally 6s vehicle - Kraton 6s, Radix6 (buggy), and Muraco (truggy).
I won’t say the extreme cool are knock-off usually knock-off are a cheaper version and I feel the extreme cool are a nicer overall mount then the powerhobby mounts.

I've stripped out the powerhobby mounts too & I either put a nylock nut on the back side or now I just drill & tap them out for the next bigger size screw. Both methods have worked well

I've stripped out the powerhobby mounts too & I either put a nylock nut on the back side or now I just drill & tap them out for the next bigger size screw. Both methods have worked well
The extreme cool have a bigger screw then the powerhobby abc a little wider.

I have bent all my talion EXB aluminium same as my rtr aluminium think the diffs are better on the EXB though depends how you drive of course
The Roller is still best value overall. I know EXB parts are not all that. Once bent up, M2C or JBI parts are the better way to go. The EXB chassis and towers are just slightly better. Like you said depending how you bash...But getting the EXB roller saves you money, when you consider what all those EXB parts cost retail wise if you were to install them on a RTR. EXB the best way, then you install better electrics. These are Hobby grade RC cars. Why not get used to building up the EXB roller out the gate? You will need to learn anyway.

I bought a RTR at the begging of 2021 and nothing but just fun,fun,fun, December 2022 I have that thing M2C,HR,Max6 1650 combo,20t pinion,aluminum diff case all round and is my go to RC for sure,hope that helps because either u buy the RTR or EXB money will be out of your pocket for sure 🤕🤕🤕but a smile in your face when bash the car paid it all.#keepbashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back