Kraton My Observations of the New Kraton 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if it’s allowed. I’ve tried to use those coupons for new rigs before, and it wouldn’t take it off, upon calling customer service, I learned that certain items aren’t eligible for discount per the manufacturer. I still try though.
I just ordered the Kraton exb yesterday using amain hobbies ncf24 it took 105 dollars off the price. That was the sales pitch I gave my wife I added in I wasn’t sure how long the sale would last either 😂

With everything listed out like that it seems like the price is fair enough, but on top of that just join Tower super saver club. They just emailed out yet ANOTHER 20% off coupon good until the 31st this month, so you could buy a Kraton EXB for $540, that is more or less a steal.
Thanks @sumguy75 😆 💸💸

Who else is using the code on a Gorgon?

I had bad luck with that brace. In 3 runs I destroyed 3 wings. By taking all of the flex out of the mount, that left the wing itself to take the brunt of the impact. That was on my Notorious, which is the truck that usually takes the most abuse of any of my rigs lol.
You’re supposed to Not land on the wing sometimes. Nothing will hold up if you’re spending more time on the roof than on the wheels lol 😂 The 3DRC is really bendable and so is the old RPM wing mounts.

At first I was thinking a wheelie bar is what the new Kraton needs but what about some titanium sliders on the bottom of the wing?

You’re supposed to Not land on the wing sometimes. Nothing will hold up if you’re spending more time on the roof than on the wheels lol 😂 The 3DRC is really bendable and so is the old RPM wing mounts.
Just took one solid hit after a failed front flip. The other two were “hold my beer” moments. I send that rig, it’s my “try anything” build.

Idk just a thought.. I guess I need to sleep on that one...
I was thinking similarly, although I was thinking cheaper, steel or aluminum..titanium would throw sparks though, definitely better for showmanship!👍😎🍻
After watching @razorrc vid on the Kagama, it too needs something to minimize wing wear.. what a beast on 6s that TC combo is!😯

I was thinking similarly, although I was thinking cheaper, steel or aluminum..titanium would throw sparks though, definitely better for showmanship!👍😎🍻
After watching @razorrc vid on the Kagama, it too needs something to minimize wing wear.. what a beast on 6s that TC combo is!😯
Every Corally I’ve owned has had a very brittle wing. You don’t even have to land on it. Just a hard chassis slap will break it.

Every Corally I’ve owned has had a very brittle wing. You don’t even have to land on it. Just a hard chassis slap will break it.
Only owned one thus far, it does not have the stock wing anymore, LOL. My brothers is still on, pretty sure it's broke though.. a nuisance more than anything I feel. Seems rc wings aren't as readily available from the aftermarket as they once were though when racing was more popular than bashing. 1/8 buggy and truggy wings were easily found, not so much anymore.

Only owned one thus far, it does not have the stock wing anymore, LOL. My brothers is still on, pretty sure it's broke though.. a nuisance more than anything I feel. Seems rc wings aren't as readily available from the aftermarket as they once were though when racing was more popular than bashing. 1/8 buggy and truggy wings were easily found, not so much anymore.
Yeah, it’s pretty weird. I usually have to look to the other manufacturers OEM wings. They say the DBXLE wing is pretty brittle too, but I guess I’ve been lucky so far.

The weather finally broke and I got to take her for a bash. Stock servo won't hold center for crap. Looks like it's time for a Raw 500. Keep trying, Horizon. Maybe someday.

It handles like any other K6, as I expected, but the shocks are a lot stiffer, and the truck lands way better than my BLX. The tradeoff is that the thing wheelies a lot easier, but I'll take it. Also, I need to confirm this, but I think it's got a thicker oil in the center diff. Front tires didn't balloon nearly as bad as my previous K6's, and it tended to push a bit in the turns on slippery stuff. I'm fine with that, since the thing is a basher. Air control is excellent, and a great time was had. The body wouldn't agree though lol.

I wish Arrma did more full length bodies with no wing. I like that Traxxas doesn't slap a wing on nearly everthing. Outside of buggies, I find wings a nuisance for off road rigs. For street rigs I like them.
I agree, I get tired of ripping off wings that are only there for looks... I prefer a nice truck, no wing.

I wish Arrma did more full length bodies with no wing. I like that Traxxas doesn't slap a wing on nearly everthing. Outside of buggies, I find wings a nuisance for off road rigs. For street rigs I like them.
I agree, I get tired of ripping off wings that are only there for looks... I prefer a nice truck, no wing.
I plan on getting a Silverado body for the K6 and deleting that wing. I too prefer a nice truck w/o a wing.

I always end up tearing the back end off of truck bodies, such as the Xmaxx and Kaiju. I prefer to replace the wing than the entire body. Of course I'm talking just the wing not wing and mount. I don't jump a whole lot so, usually it's just the wing that breaks for me.

The weather finally broke and I got to take her for a bash. Stock servo won't hold center for crap. Looks like it's time for a Raw 500. Keep trying, Horizon. Maybe someday.

It handles like any other K6, as I expected, but the shocks are a lot stiffer, and the truck lands way better than my BLX. The tradeoff is that the thing wheelies a lot easier, but I'll take it. Also, I need to confirm this, but I think it's got a thicker oil in the center diff. Front tires didn't balloon nearly as bad as my previous K6's, and it tended to push a bit in the turns on slippery stuff. I'm fine with that, since the thing is a basher. Air control is excellent, and a great time was had. The body wouldn't agree though lol.
Servo was the 1st thing to go, early on (no failure-just weak), and it does turn better. Over 30 packs on mine, and the cracked wing & mount are the only parts it needs now. May have to install a Max 6 1650 combo that needs a new home. Running on 4s, one down from full punch.

Back