Kraton My Observations of the New Kraton 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1st Arrma was a Felony. the 150a bit the shed after my 2nd pack. Real nice. Arrma replaced the ESC a 1 time deal. Really? They can bite me. šŸ˜
The reasoning behind my initial being angry is this. After not even getting through my 2nd packs. my new $650 Arrma Felony crapped out. So I had to wait. and wait, and wait. Yes they made it good. But at what cost to me? Had the gall to tell me that it's a 1 time fix. So does that mean the next 2 packs and it craps out. Im on my own? don't matter I will start to upgrade my electronic to after market. Castle or whatever, with all my Arrmas. :cool:

The reasoning behind my initial being angry is this. After not even getting through my 2nd packs. my new $650 Arrma Felony crapped out. So I had to wait. and wait, and wait. Yes they made it good. But at what cost to me? Had the gall to tell me that it's a 1 time fix. So does that mean the next 2 packs and it craps out. Im on my own? don't matter I will start to upgrade my electronic to after market. Castle or whatever, with all my Arrmas. :cool:
It's a crappy policy IMO. The waiting game is frustrating indeed. On the brightside, I don't think the Spektrum esc's are all that bad. My brother has 6 of the Firma 150's and yet to have one fail. Hopefully yours was just a fluke.šŸ¤ž

The Infraction and Felony are also particularly hard on the stock ESC's. I would crank down the timing in the settings and add cooling. (y)

Hope the replacement works out for you.

The Infraction and Felony are also particularly hard on the stock ESC's. I would crank down the timing in a

Nicely said. I really like all my Arrmas. The electronics only failed me once. I was just so angry. :mad:. I guess I feel better being able to vent.:rolleyes:. Ha I feel better.:ROFLMAO:. Thanks.

The Infraction and Felony are also particularly hard on the stock ESC's. I would crank down the timing in the settings and add cooling. (y)

I think you're right, out of my brother's 6 Firma's, none have failed. However, the one in the Felony has gone into thermal shutdown many times. I had forgotten about that. He hasn't run it in over a year. In retrospect, maybe the Infraction and Felony are indeed prime candidates for an esc upgrade?

I think you're right, out of my brother's 6 Firma's, none have failed. However, the one in the Felony has gone into thermal shutdown many times. I had forgotten about that. He hasn't run it in over a year. In retrospect, maybe the Infraction and Felony are indeed prime candidates for an esc upgrade?
I think it depends on how you drive as well, turn the timing down, add cooling, and drive like me.... Never in the rain, probably never have a problem :LOL:.

Snail GIF by MotoGP

Last edited:
I think it depends on how you drive as well, turn the timing down and drive like me.... Never in the rain, probably never have a problem :LOL:.

Snail GIF by MotoGP
I've heard that about the timing.. I was going to tell my brother about changing it, but I think he's done with the Felony anyways. It's a parts car now, lol. He burned off the original tires and decided he didn't wanna keep dropping the coin on replacements. I drove it once, I can't say road cars get my juices flowing. Different strokes I guess.

IIRC, I ran my Infraction once or twice on the stock motor/ESC. It was summer, in Houston, and it did run warm. Threw a Max6/1650Kv combo in it, from my sold XMaxx, and I could drift all I wanted to, on 4s. Ran cool, no motor fan :) It's for sale now, w stock electronics, and that HW combo will probably go into my K6s EXB...

Some new observations tonight. A very welcome change, Arrma has finally updated the motor mount slide screws. Check it out:
20240214_202529.jpg

20240214_202534.jpg

On the left is an OG screw, on the right is the new design. I measured the depth of the hexes, and the old screws measure 1.76mm, while the new ones are 2.11mm. That's a lot more metal for the hex driver to grip on. Way to go Arrma!
Strangely enough, there was zero loctite on either screw.
20240214_202547.jpg

However, they put the extra loctite they saved and put it all on the servo horn screw...
20240214_202557.jpg

The motor heatsink is a different design as well, as it no longer has that clip to hold it into the motor, it instead has a screw that you can tighten it with.
17079609440641837793633120000749.jpg

These are pretty meaningful and well thought out upgrades. I'm very pleased.

Some new observations tonight. A very welcome change, Arrma has finally updated the motor mount slide screws. Check it out:
View attachment 348591
View attachment 348592
On the left is an OG screw, on the right is the new design. I measured the depth of the hexes, and the old screws measure 1.76mm, while the new ones are 2.11mm. That's a lot more metal for the hex driver to grip on. Way to go Arrma!
Strangely enough, there was zero loctite on either screw. View attachment 348595
However, they put the extra loctite they saved and put it all on the servo horn screw...View attachment 348596
The motor heatsink is a different design as well, as it no longer has that clip to hold it into the motor, it instead has a screw that you can tighten it with. View attachment 348597
These are pretty meaningful and well thought out upgrades. I'm very pleased.
The amount of Loctite on that servo screw... :oops:

Assuming even with no Loctite your motor stayed in place? Looks nice.

Aaaand done. I hope tomorrow is not raining. I want to bash this thing some more. View attachment 348626
I just realized that's a 4268 you put in there, curious to hear how it goes. A tad smaller than the stock 4074. Likely higher quality though. Usually 4268 is intended for buggies. What kv?

I just realized that's a 4268 you put in there, curious to hear how it goes. A tad smaller than the stock 4074. Likely higher quality though. Usually 4268 is intended for buggies. What kv?
She's a 2500kv. Gonna run it with a 13t to keep the temps down.

Back