Kraton Arrma Kraton or Traxxas E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deereman7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I was at my hobby shop today and got my hands on a kraton 6s. They were only running 4s. It was cool. Handles nice. My granite is my first rc. They also had a Traxxas E-Revo. Man it was sharp! It was new so I couldn't test it. But the guy was telling me how great the revo drove and lot more stable. Both are 550$. Worst part in my mind the kraton need new meaty tires. 120$. Anyone ran both? Input? I see guys on u tube claim on using heavy dif fluid

Anyone else want to ring in about the Traxxas. I'm in a bad place right now, and the s#*t that's rolling out of my fingertips is ghastly.

Are you in the US. That's 50 too much for the Kraton if you are. My lhs will give a nice break if I show up with cash...Tower or Amain can get it to you free shipping in a couple days for $500. E revo looks pretty cool but never ran one...good luck with your decision.

What do you mean by issue?

The way it was stated in the original post it seemed like having to replace the stock tire was a must do sort of thing.

I am not familiar with the stock tires on it...

I just used mine until they were toast and then bought the backflips.
Best suggestion so far, especially because it doesn't involve buying the Traxxas.

The stock Minokawas don’t transfer the power to the ground well. They spin horribly in grass and do not bite when turning. They are good in hard pack dirt though.

I use mine when I know I will be driving in the street

The way it was stated in the original post it seemed like having to replace the stock tire was a must do sort of thing.

I am not familiar with the stock tires on it...
Oh sorry my bad I thought you were the original thread

Being new. I felt really good with my purchase of the granite blx. It does everything I need. But it's like any hobby. One isn't enough. You know my favorite with Evo is the lid clamp. I hate the cotterpins. Old eyes don't work like they used to. U tube videos are 50/50. But everyone has an opinion. Amain video I felt like he was leaning Evo. I'm not informed enough yet on ins and outs. Worst part is all local hobby shop only have Traxxas parts. It's always3-4 days before I can get mine running. I did get my boys granite mega. Should buy a small stockpile of parts. I'm just looking now. Lot of money

There's no easy answer, and they all break eventually. One really great thing about the Arrma, especially the 6s line, is how easy they are to work on. The lhs store is probably well supported by Traxxas, and they're in it to make money. All those parts aren't for show. They just break a lot easier and a lot quicker. If you buy one, you'll be frequenting that store more often than you think, and then you'll be bitten by the bug to make it better, stronger. I went down that road once, and have literally erased it off my map. I'm slowly finding ways to integrate Arrma parts into my Slash. How do you like that! Arrma has made huge strides in recent history, especially since Horizon Hobby took over. You'll see that that lhs starts making more room for Arrma parts, because Horizon is a main supplier to the industry. Time will tell, but in the end, you have to go with your gut. Lots of things look good when they're shiny and new, but it's how good they look when they develop a slight patina, that leaves the best impression. +1 Arrma.

Revo more stable??? That’s false. Just watch the videos.

I’ll give it to Traxxas, their rigs are some of the best looking.....but I’d only spend my money on an X-Maxx....only because it’s one of a kind right now.

I do agree that Traxxas makes some of the coolest looking RC's. Won't attest to their quality because I just got into the hobby about a year ago.

I have a nitro Revo, notorious j nailed it, the Kraton is a much easier machine to repair and service, in my opinion the revo isn’t comparable. My revo has been benched since the arrma’s came home. I have little if any interest in the revo or the other Traxxas stuff we have. The Kraton platform is a good one, and adaptable also.

What's the extra $50 on the Kraton for? Someone's college fund?

Don't come down under....I'd be only too happy to buy a Kraton for even $600! I paid $729 for mine at the end of last year from my LHS, could have got slightly cheaper on line but would have been up for postage so much of a muchness.

I looked at Traxxas before buying my Kraton as I have a 2wd stampede and like the guys say, Traxxas do a good job making their rigs look good but I did considerable research ($700+ will do that to you) and the Kraton became a no brainer for me and since buying it I could not be happier with the choice.

As for the tires, I have no issue with the stock ones at this stage, but like others have said it depends on what you are doing and the type of terrain. I have a set of Backflips ready to go for when I need them (another $120 so super envious of you US guys) but for now I'm not needing them but will prob given them a crack this weekend.

Your money, your choice. Remember this is an Arrma forum so while I believe the opinions here are balanced due to many guys having both as you have read, you might also want to drop the same post on the Traxxas forum....I know I would.....but I'd also buy the Kraton any day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back