Arrma Limitless V2 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the pedantry but they're GP5 diffs like on the Infraction V2 so they should be 42÷15=2.8
I changed everything on my new car anyways so the V2 isn't on my shortlist. But Saga does sell hardened GP5 gears so I might slap those in. Then the only difference would be I don't have the +7mm rear stance. I'm not necessarily putting them in for that extra mph at this point but if I can get the same speeds while having the center drive train spin slower then it kinda makes sense.

I changed everything on my new car anyways so the V2 isn't on my shortlist. But Saga does sell hardened GP5 gears so I might slap those in. Then the only difference would be I don't have the +7mm rear stance. I'm not necessarily putting them in for that extra mph at this point but if I can get the same speeds while having the center drive train spin slower then it kinda makes sense.
I haven't had any issues with the stock gears (yet) but I'm still pretty far down on the speed running totem pole. I need to build my car back to speed running configuration and get back in the hunt. It's already August so there's not all that much time left in the 2022 season. Remaining goals for the year are Vmax on 3S, join the 130 club (can it be done on 3S?), maybe 140s if all goes well and weather permitting.

Those prosciutto/mozzarella rolls got me excited, I'd eat half of those with a jar of stuffed olives and a diet coke. Garlic, Bleu cheese, feta just no pimento. Whoever thought it was bacon needs to reevaluate their purpose in life.

I dig the V2, however my V1 did all that I needed it to so I'm good 👍

Oh and PS, that clear and green car Rob posted is SICKENING.

Yea I know, I bought the limitless in person at a shop bcs there were none to be found.. bcs the v2 was coming out, after the fact lol.
I share ur pain!
Bought the last one I could find online from island hobbynut. 2 weeks later v2 was announced and I had already started building it….
Oh well

I’m kind of curious why you say that.
Yea for bashing the diff is better than the spool for most people. I will say I enjoy bashing on 8s with the spool though. Also, the bigger battery trays are a lot nicer to work with if you don't need the increased motor size in stock location or the ability to easily install an xlx2.

I think the battery trays are the biggest thing though. the v2 really just kills a lot of lipo options and running 6s on the v2 is a helluva lot harder because of it.

Yea for bashing the diff is better than the spool for most people. I will say I enjoy bashing on 8s with the spool though. Also, the bigger battery trays are a lot nicer to work with if you don't need the increased motor size in stock location or the ability to easily install an xlx2.

I think the battery trays are the biggest thing though. the v2 really just kills a lot of lipo options and running 6s on the v2 is a helluva lot harder because of it.
yeah but the limitless is pretty much a speed runner. I've gotta think that bashers are gonna buy the infraction or felony. The V1 actually came with a 34T spool. In my V1 I just modified the battery tray to accommodate the XLX2 but I'm still left with a motor mount position that can only accommodate a 91 mm can in the stock portion and with non GP5 diffs. That being said, I think the V2 was a great "refresh" which addressed the major concerns of the V1. Wish I had known. Oh well....

yeah but the limitless is pretty much a speed runner. I've gotta think that bashers are gonna buy the infraction or felony. The V1 actually came with a 34T spool. In my V1 I just modified the battery tray to accommodate the XLX2 but I'm still left with a motor mount position that can only accommodate a 91 mm can in the stock portion and with non GP5 diffs. That being said, I think the V2 was a great "refresh" which addressed the major concerns of the V1. Wish I had known. Oh well....
I definitely agree the v2 upgrades are nice for speed runners. The v1 does come stock with a spool but it's 100x easier to use a center diff on the v1 compared to the v2. You'd be surprised how many people buy a limitless to bash and only dip their toes into speed running. Hell, I have 3 limitless and haven't actually speed run any of them yet. I plan to eventually though! :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I think it's worth reversing the mount on the v1 to fit whatever motor you want and easily have room for the xlx2 up front in the old motor location. I'm actually thinking about doing that to my v1 right now to mount an xlx2. I also have one of those t2t esc mounts as well.

I do like my v2 more though, the gp5 diffs are a nice change.

As far as I am aware, most serious speedrunners buy a GT chassis that can fit different chassis layouts. Many also buy a different MM. I think the limitless v2 isn't superior unless you just have an xlx2 combo but don't want to spend too much on speedrunning.

I guess if the definition of a “serious” speed runner is someone trying go 160 mph+ that’s true, GT chassis I preferred. However, there are plenty of people running lower voltages and different platforms that would argue that they’re just as serious about the hobby.

Imo, speedrunning is more about extracting the maximum performance and speed with a particular platform. Most speedrunners are constrained by a suitable launching site so 150+ isn’t safe or feasible.

I definitely agree the v2 upgrades are nice for speed runners. The v1 does come stock with a spool but it's 100x easier to use a center diff on the v1 compared to the v2. You'd be surprised how many people buy a limitless to bash and only dip their toes into speed running. Hell, I have 3 limitless and haven't actually speed run any of them yet. I plan to eventually though! :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I think it's worth reversing the mount on the v1 to fit whatever motor you want and easily have room for the xlx2 up front in the old motor location. I'm actually thinking about doing that to my v1 right now to mount an xlx2. I also have one of those t2t esc mounts as well.

I do like my v2 more though, the gp5 diffs are a nice change.
Hmmm… I’m dizzy lol but I’m good. Will the mx8 power the tp 4070 on 8s reliably? Geared for 100mph and with more torque than Castle? Or must it be xlx2?

Hmmm… I’m dizzy lol but I’m good. Will the mx8 power the tp 4070 on 8s reliably? Geared for 100mph and with more torque than Castle? Or must it be xlx2?
You’ll probably need a cap pack. I started with the MMX8S and QUICKLY switched to the XLX2. Ripple is a non issue with the XLX2.

I'd pick a 4070 over the castle 1717 all day. I think an mmx8s is more than enough for a 4070 geared for 100 mph. My Limitless Jota is geared for 80 mph on 6s. I've only tried it on 8s once and I didn't have any problems and 8s made it 107 mph.

If you want to bash on 8s like that I think it really depends on how you drive. I think motor temps would be more worrisome than esc temps. I use a 3s battery connected to 12v fan on my tp 4070 cm 2200kv so I don't have any problems with motor temps.

You could also go lower kv, I think the 1700kv would do well for the task. Most of my on road rigs are geared for about 85 mph on 6s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back