Arrma Shock Boot Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you make a thread about this exact same issue a few years ago or am I trippin?

Holy smokes!
You must have memory like an elephant..
Elephant Party Hard GIF

That's such a miniscule topic out of all the hundreds of thousands of threads on this forum to be able to recall from a specific user...

Last edited:
Holy smokes!
You must have memory like an elephant..
Elephant Party Hard GIF

That's such a miniscule topic out of all the hundreds of thousands of threads on this forum to be able to recall from a specific user...
And yet I cannot remember peoples names to save my life.

I think someone in that thread recommended the long balloons!!! I bought a package and still have them. Was gonna use them on the Mojave but bought the shock socks instead. So now I have a bag of long black balloons…… this place surely makes you buy things! Haha
I also have those long balloons. Just cut them to the desired length and done.

I use the Tekno shock boots. They are a better fit on the Arrma shocks and more durable, in my opinion. At the very least you have some options if you can't find the Arrma replacements.

Do you know the approx lenght? That would really help on what to choose. They look tough
TKR6145 (extra long) = 57mm (Kraton 6s Rear)
TKR6144 (long) = 50mm (Kraton 6s Front)
TKR6143 (medium) =42mm (for shorter shafts like Typhon or Mojave)

These are approximate lengths. I may be off by 0.5mm.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know how to get the shock rod end eyelet piece out?

IMG_2678.jpeg

As to why they left that out of the package I’ll never understand but replacing the shock end I still need the eyelet piece (which there’s no part number for in the exploded view page of the manual) out of the old one and into the new one.

Anyone know how to get the shock rod end eyelet piece out?

View attachment 318032

As to why they left that out of the package I’ll never understand but replacing the shock end I still need the eyelet piece (which there’s no part number for in the exploded view page of the manual) out of the old one and into the new one.

There are a few ways, to get those out use a phillips screw driver that is bigger than the hole in the middle but smaller than the hole in the rod end and just push it out.

1692496255083.jpeg

1692496283128.jpeg

Or get a shock pliers like this https://www.amazon.com/ZeckTeck-Abs...-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

And not sure why they are not listed in the exploded view but none of the 1/8th scale rod ends ever come with pivot balls, those are always separate.

But these are the balls you need https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/composite-ball-set-6s/ARAC3029.html

There are a few ways, to get those out use a phillips screw driver that is bigger than the hole in the middle but smaller than the hole in the rod end and just push it out.

View attachment 318068

View attachment 318069

Or get a shock pliers like this https://www.amazon.com/ZeckTeck-Abs...-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

And not sure why they are not listed in the exploded view but none of the 1/8th scale rod ends ever come with pivot balls, those are always separate.

But these are the balls you need https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/composite-ball-set-6s/ARAC3029.html
Thanks so much, that worked everything’s assembled and good to go.

LHS recommended a shock tool when I was picking up my RC haven’t really gotten around to grabbing one yet. I’m a week away from my one year anniversary of entering the RC world.

Thanks so much, that worked everything’s assembled and good to go.

LHS recommended a shock tool when I was picking up my RC haven’t really gotten around to grabbing one yet. I’m a week away from my one year anniversary of entering the RC world.
Yeah I was in this hobby for like 3 years before I picked up my first shock pliers.

Does this look like the same part?

View attachment 315508View attachment 315509View attachment 315510

I just replaced the shock boot on my Arrma Kraton 6S V5, the part number for what I needed was AR330199 according to the exploded diagram view.

The damaged part that I removed (on the left) does not look like the replacement (on the right).

I know I ordered and received the right part.

View attachment 315511
The retail replacement shock boots that Arrma/HH sells, are always different than the stockers that came out the kit box for some odd reason. Is what it is. Always been this way. For years now. Been discussed on AF before. The OE Boxed/installed ones I feel were better quality. And obviously better sealed at the lowers.
I wish they made more durable ones. They really do spare the shock's shafts from abrasion and the Shock oil stays cleaner for way longer.
Most guys just don't replace them. They are not cheap considering what they are. I just let them shred apart, then when Its time to rebuild my shocks I replace them. Which is not often. I do prefer having the shock boots. :cool:
Don't use very strong chemicals on these rubber shock boots, or excessive abrasive cleaning on them They just deteriorate way faster. And wither away. Just wipe with water if anything.
The 6s shocks themselves are quite durable internally, and rarely if ever leak. Short of any direct hit damage.

Last edited:
just got my first nut wrench been using the one you get with the arrma cars for years makes hell of a difference
I still use the ones that come in the Arrma boxes, I have like 4 or 5 of them now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back