Typhon Arrma Typhon 3S New PB 121mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Yesterday I hit a new PB of 119mph with the MM2 Retro ESC, but it died shortly after. I believe it already destroyed my 2400kv motor. I sent it in to Castle today for them to take a look at it.

So, I needed to throw an ESC in there to make a pass, so I stole the MMX8S out of the Typhon 6S. I ended up picking up 2mph on my PB with the ESC swap. But even more importantly the MMX8S runs my motor so much cooler. My normal motor temp after a single pass is usually in the 130F-140F range. Yesterdays pass came in at 140F and it was 91F outside. Today's same pass came in at 105F and ambient temps were 86F. We are talking about a 35F difference with just an ESC swap. Amazing. I am not sure I want that MM2 Retro back from Castle. Maybe they will allow me to trade up to another MMX8S.

Video will be uploaded later tonight.

June 3 Data.png

IMG_5784.PNG

Thats amazing. Is that app you are using to data log part of Castle products (looking at the water mark on the screen shot)?
Yes it's called Castle Link and it is built into some of their higher end ESCs. Not all of them have logging.

Freaking insane! Sounds super cool too.
It is so crazy how loud an electric RC car is going 120mph. I would swear it had an engine in it, not a motor. ???

You need another one painted like a cop car to chase you, complete with flashers and a siren ?
I will just invite @Porschetech to come chase me with his Infraction ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back