Aussie underground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a summed up version? He sure likes to babble a lot instead of getting to the point.

He gets to the point almost at the end

Arrma/HH cut him off, something about a photo that isn’t his and people are being mean to him online.

saved you 40 mins of heavy breathing and him repeating how angry he is.

I thought it was funny when he said he didn't ask them lick my balls

It's a bit disturbing to watch, at one point he mentions some personal mental issues. I don't think this type of public exposure is going to help him win back the trust of a company he is...
A: not employed with and
B: I'm assuming, not in a contract (paid services), besides the NDA
I understand he loves the brand (Arrma) and loves the hobby, but based on his own admission he might be better off riding this out and laying low. This is probably the best time to do that based on current world affairs.

Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe in standing up for your rights. But if this is partially his livelihood there are better ways to handle it.
My 2 cents.

There was one point he mentions he had the photo and shared it with a few close friends "11:08". If I heard that correctly, was it one of his friends who leaked it? And in that case he shouldn't have shared it with his friends to begin with which is the NDA breach. If that's the case I guess that's on him. Unless I heard wrong. Just sucks they cut communication after 5 years ...however he wasn't an employee.

I support Vas.

There is a huge backstory at play there with the leaked photo but that's not the point. With the Horizon take over of Arrma, this was more of a "when", not an "if". Vas has been a proponent of brand for years and it's wrong for Arrma/Horizon to throw him out the door without confronting him directly about it. I've seen large Corporate oversight ruin companies they purchase within the Automotive/Aviation/EE sector. I could talk about that topic for hours...but the end game is...Large Company's often times ignore the folks that made the product great. The lose sight of the passion that make the product so appealing to the masses and put profits ahead of people. This is an age old story that just about everyone can relate to.

The hype video's Arrma makes are great, but when people type in Arrma on YouTube for the first time, they undoubtedly find the way to his Channel for an in-depth review of whatever product they are interested in. Most folks who invest $200+ into something they want to purchase do some sort of online research. Multiply that over the last 5 years of editing all those video's for all those different Arrma products and Vas was the biggest factor in educating, and thereby selling, the Arrma brand to the masses that I know of. My opinion of course.

That means something to me because without folks out there like him, the Hobby doesn't move forward.

Last edited:
Yeah, in California we have at-will employment. As @Wheels007, pointed out, he is not employed, but I think you can apply the general concept here. I've witnessed employees that had been at a company for 5 years get walked out and let go on the spot. Although it's disturbing, it simply comes with the territory. Unfortunately for this case there not a lot of other options to transition over to. I always like to take a bad situation and turn it into something good. Maybe this is an opportunity to transition over to something new, maybe this is an opportunity to start a new business, who knows. But one thing is for certain, it is a tipping point in his career. Good luck, and do what you love!
I support Vas.

There is a huge backstory at play there with the leaked photo but that's not the point. With the Horizon take over of Arrma, this was more of a "when", not an "if". Vas has been a proponent of brand for years and it's wrong for Arrma/Horizon to throw him out the door without confronting him directly about it. I've seen large Corporate oversight ruin companies they purchase within the Automotive/Aviation/EE sector. I could talk about that topic for hours...but the end game is...Large Company's often times ignore the folks that made the product great. The lose sight of the passion that make the product so appealing to the masses and put profits ahead of people. This is an age old story that just about everyone can relate to.

The hype video's Arrma makes are great, but when people type in Arrma on YouTube for the first time, they undoubtedly find the way to his Channel for an in-depth review of whatever product they are interested in. Most folks who invest $200+ into something they want to purchase do some sort of online research. Multiply that over the last 5 years of editing all those video's for all those different Arrma products and Vas was the biggest factor in educating, and thereby selling, the Arrma brand to the masses that I know of. My opinion of course.

That means something to me because without folks out there like him, the Hobby doesn't move forward.
I agree 100%
The community and people like him make companies and even industries profitable and survive. I'm not sure how a huge corporation should handle a situation like this but, I guarantee their lawyers are making those decisions.

Last edited:
I can't forget this guy brought Arrma a lot of money Somebody's helping you make money why won't you just answer him maybe they just didn't like his k8 review

It was Kevin Talbot and this guy who first got me interested in arrma.

Aussie and Kevin But never really care for kev Because hes like lets throw this thing off the top of the roof and cry about it because it breaks

There was one point he mentions he had the photo and shared it with a few close friends "11:08". If I heard that correctly, was it one of his friends who leaked it? And in that case he shouldn't have shared it with his friends to begin with which is the NDA breach. If that's the case I guess that's on him. Unless I heard wrong. Just sucks they cut communication after 5 years ...however he wasn't an employee.
That's what he admitted to being in the wrong, but in the end what I understood was that the photo that was leaked didn't even originally come from him, even if he was in the wrong for sharing it with his friends. I think he owned up to sharing it, but now believes the image that was circulated wasn't as a result of what he did. Like Vas said, he had it for nearly a year before it was leaked why would he leak it two weeks out from release? The main issue I see here is the company not giving him closure and a reply, they need to bite the bullet and respond, even if it is a negative response it may help to clear the air and help everyone involved move on.

PS anyone who feels anxious and under these types of stresses, and is thinking the kinds of dark thoughts Vas mentioned, really please see someone about that, in Australia we have "lifeline" ph13 11 14 I'm sure most countries have a phone number like this to call in crisis, please use these services if you're feeling vulnerable.

@jondilly1974 already made a thread about this and I encourage people to go there since it's got a lot more comments on it already. But I'll say that while I'm no YouTuber, if I were one of those popular channels that did reviews and testing I probably would avoid any official partnerships of any kind with RC or RC distribution companies. Seen too many channels get burned because of those partnerships either by the company themselves over bad press or the community at large criticizing their integrity and honesty because of those partnerships, but I've also seen them burned even without partnerships so there's that too I guess. I know these popular channels exist because they put in hours of work each week to grow and maintain their base and with that the partnerships become necessary to afford to keep doing that otherwise they'd go broke quick. I guess any way you cut it sooner or later you will piss off somebody and that's just a sad thing to see any time it happens.

Still it sucks he got burned and I feel for the guy.

@jondilly1974 already made a thread about this and I encourage people to go there since it's got a lot more comments on it already. But I'll say that while I'm no YouTuber, if I were one of those popular channels that did reviews and testing I probably would avoid any official partnerships of any kind with RC or RC distribution companies. Seen too many channels get burned because of those partnerships either by the company themselves over bad press or the community at large criticizing their integrity and honesty because of those partnerships, but I've also seen them burned even without partnerships so there's that too I guess. I know these popular channels exist because they put in hours of work each week to grow and maintain their base and with that the partnerships become necessary to afford to keep doing that otherwise they'd go broke quick. I guess any way you cut it sooner or later you will piss off somebody and that's just a sad thing to see any time it happens.

Still it sucks he got burned and I feel for the guy.

Yup let's keep things in the one thread. And why is this in the K8S section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back