Kraton Aussie RC Playgrounds Brutally honest opinion of the K8S. Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree. I told myself something similar when I bought that private island in the Caribbean. I said, "Bickety. I know this is your 50th birthday present to yourself but you may not get all of your 1.2 billion back." I'll just have to live with the decision ??
You bought Epstein's Island.... I knew it. I couldn't scrape up the jack in time so it fell through... ...unmarried men need to have some tricks and toys.

Crrrrraap. !!! I can't find it , is there anything on the chassis at this time , like a metal line down the middle or anything like that , I don't own one yet but I'll be getting one in March , doing my before purchase investimagateing ,googling on the yoogler

I wasn't referring to new comers to the hobby getting a K8 as their very first rig. Those are the lost souls. I am sure they exist.
[...]

I pose a question:
How many K8 guys here on AF alone, also own and have experience with other 1/5 scale electric or gas rig brands?
I would venture to say very few. :unsure:???
I am not including the TraxassssX-Max in this equation. That doesn't count here in my book.
damn I am a lost soul - I owned a Losi Ten Rally X I probably ran 4-5 times and a Vaterra Kemora I probably ran the same amount of time before jumping on the Kraton 8S (I have run both more frequently than previously since I got my other Arrmas). I liked the idea of rc cars but wasn’t really drawn into it due to flying too much other stuff helicopters, quadcopters (aerial photography/racing) and planes.

my first ever rc car I drove was a mates Losi 5iveT - I ran it more often than my own cars and but couldn’t afford/actually didn't want to spend the money on it nor liked the idea of running a proper engine due to oily hands, engine maintenance and stuff but loved the size as I figured out when I borrowed it for an extended period of time when he was travelling for months. Does that count as experience as I didn’t own it but probably had over 40 hours on it (estimate) may be less a tank goes for ages.

I’d say I knew how to handle the size and that was all that mattered to me when I decided to buy the K8S. And my experience with large scale helicopters told me the other rc expectations: more expensive to run/maintain, more space required, weight to power ratio, easy to work on or less fiddly etc ...

Last edited:
I had convinced myself that for my 40th birthday I’d pull the trigger on a McLaren 720s brand new MSO order and then I realized that these things were losing over 100k in the first year.

Considering that id say about 99% of average new car purchases lose 1/3 in the first year or in your case 100k, your right in the same boat! I think you should go buy the McLaren 720s and post pictures!

a house isn’t always an investment but buy it right and yes it is especially if it has rental income.

Not sure what kind of homes you buy but most buy a home because it will increase in value. I don't even know anyone in their right mind that would buy a home when they know it will lose value, do you? I'm not talking about a flipper with gabillions either, I'm talking about the average person.

Anyway, I've been ridin' this railroad ballast long enough, back OT ;)

Homes as an investment, I can’t imagine...I have enough trouble keeping one from falling down. Much easier things to invest in. Stock, bonds, foreign currency, precious metals, comic books...pretty much anything.

Considering that id say about 99% of average new car purchases lose 1/3 in the first year or in your case 100k, your right in the same boat! I think you should go buy the McLaren 720s and post pictures!

Not sure what kind of homes you buy but most buy a home because it will increase in value. I don't even know anyone in their right mind that would buy a home when they know it will lose value, do you? I'm not talking about a flipper with gabillions either, I'm talking about the average person.

Yeah the average house owner, buys it to live there and make a home and plant their roots. Own it for quite a while. paying off a 20-30 year note. All property increases in value in the long term. You will probably make a few nickels when you sell to move on, but first uncle sam comes with his hand out for his $capital gain$ cut. Mine has rental income, but that's a whole new ball of wax. That can work for you or against you though. This thread has mushroomed into all things else. The content is still fine where it ended up. But it shows the topic is dead?:unsure:

Im looking at pre-owned 720s because they are over $100k less ($250-270k range and dropping). I will definitely post but my gut tells me to wait to see what the C8 Z06 ends up being. I’m not a badge whore at all. 720 is just an absolute monster.
Homes .... well I live in NYC so it’s at the upper market so can’t buy now and expect a return in the next 10 years or so that’s worth talking about. Brooklyn especially is above market in my opinion.

Own a 2 fam. home for 25+ years in Queens, NYC also. Just about paid off. If I were to sell and buy a different house here, it wouldn't make sense. The good ROI I got would get hit with a steep capital gain tax. My house quadrupled in value, the taxes also tripled in 25 years.The market is lop sided. Its a sellers market right now. I would win as a seller and suck wind as a buyer. I either stay put or move to another city or state.

Own a 2 fam. home for 25+ years in Queens, NYC also. Just about paid off. If I were to sell and buy a different house here, it wouldn't make sense. The good ROI I got would get hit with a steep capital gain tax. My house quadrupled in value, the taxes also tripled in 25 years.The market is lop sided. Its a sellers market right now. I would win as a seller and suck wind as a buyer. I either stay put or move to another city or state.
Exactly. 25 years is a long time and it’s just keeping up with inflation. Now, if you found that same home or similar about 10 years ago that was a short sale etc then you’d be profitable.

Much better investments out there than real estate, unless you are in commercial.

anywho... Kraton 8s sucks it’s really small out of scale and no one should buy it ?. It’s also a terrible investment so save your money and buy your wives a big ass and boobs instead

Now that's the best return on investment. :ROFLMAO:

Well just for fun , somebody said or asked what a true 5 scale is !! ?? This is a picture of the primal RC RAMINATOR , with a ten scale gravedigger on back to show where true 5 scale should be , well at least in my opinion ?????

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_110112.jpg
    IMG_20200223_110112.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 44
That 1/10 Grave Digger body is not to scale on its chassis. There is no true reference with scale to be made. Just that one is smaller than the other. Obvious to the naked eye. :unsure:
The Primal is not true to any scale either.

Last edited:
I imagine it may give perspective to someone new to this hobby.

We are all aloud our opinion?
Yep, & if all 1/5 were like that, I wouldn't have any. Even my 5t & MTXL are garage deco atm. The K8S & DBXL-e are just heavy enough not to get on my back's nerves :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back