Bambu Labs A1 Mini

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of bed slinger's, you see the live on the kobra 2 max?... That input shaping is wild, a machine that big moving that fast is quite impressive..

Speaking of bed slinger's, you see the live on the kobra 2 max?... That input shaping is wild, a machine that big moving that fast is quite impressive..

I did not (..yet)

Okay..
I just checked out the Anycubic Kobra 2 Max.
That is impressive.

So I saw this and was pretty excited. I have a Sovol SV06 and while it does the job and is as dialed in as (I believe) I can get it, the multi-color printing is awesome, and I wouldn't mind something a little bit faster and more 'premium'. The only thing with this that is a deal breaker for me is the bed size. Currently I can print 235x235x250, and dropping down to 180x180 is a little rough. There are some things I print (TPU wings for one, modular drawer systems, etc) that are already a tight fit on my current bed. But boy I'd love to be able to print in multiple colors, it would really up my game.

And ff I were to upgrade, I'd be selling my first one. Don't have the need nor the space for two printers. Perhaps one day I'll just pull the trigger on the P1P or if I stumble upon the Lucky Charm's pot of gold, an X1 Carbon. I think those things are so cool.

So I saw this and was pretty excited. I have a Sovol SV06 and while it does the job and is as dialed in as (I believe) I can get it, the multi-color printing is awesome, and I wouldn't mind something a little bit faster and more 'premium'. The only thing with this that is a deal breaker for me is the bed size. Currently I can print 235x235x250, and dropping down to 180x180 is a little rough. There are some things I print (TPU wings for one, modular drawer systems, etc) that are already a tight fit on my current bed. But boy I'd love to be able to print in multiple colors, it would really up my game.

And ff I were to upgrade, I'd be selling my first one. Don't have the need nor the space for two printers. Perhaps one day I'll just pull the trigger on the P1P or if I stumble upon the Lucky Charm's pot of gold, an X1 Carbon. I think those things are so cool.

You need the P1S
It's the latest newer version.

And Don't forget to get the combo deal.. with AMS!!

You need the P1S
It's the latest newer version.

And Don't forget to get the combo deal.. with AMS!!
Oh cool, I was aware of the P1S but didn't realize it had a $1000 combo deal. And 256x256 which is excellent. I'll tell ya, I've had such a crappy time since switching to Klipper with even getting mid-print filament changes to work that I gave up completely. Being able to throw 4 whole spools up there would be very cool.

Oh cool, I was aware of the P1S but didn't realize it had a $1000 combo deal. And 256x256 which is excellent. I'll tell ya, I've had such a crappy time since switching to Klipper with even getting mid-print filament changes to work that I gave up completely. Being able to throw 4 whole spools up there would be very cool.

Yeah.
And, Having the ability to daisy-chain Up to 16 different Colors/Spools of filaments (with Four AMS's) into ONE printer is Absolutely Mind Blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will need to get me some P1S myself.. Eventually.

Come on PowerBall Lotto!
Daddy wants a dozen P1Ss!!

Hah, funny timing - I was just watching a video of someone doing just that (daisy chaining the ams systems). I just want to be able to keep different materials/colors loaded at all times so I don't have to swap as often. So convenient even if you don't do multicolor prints.

Hah, funny timing - I was just watching a video of someone doing just that (daisy chaining the ams systems). I just want to be able to keep different materials/colors loaded at all times so I don't have to swap as often. So convenient even if you don't do multicolor prints.

Yes.
And , there's an update in their slicer that has empty spool detection and will Automatically switch to the next spool with the same properties.. to continue printing.

Very handy feature!

Yes.
And , there's an update in their slicer that has empty spool detection and will Automatically switch to the next spool with the same properties.. to continue printing.

Very handy feature!
Get outta town, that is sick! I never know what to do with spools that only have a few dozen grams of filament left. Very cool that you can let one finish up before switching to the next one. Seriously cool.

The AMS light doesn't give me the feel of the big (daisy chainable) AMS.

Up to now i've not really had the need to go for a second AMS. But there have been a few times where I was like, oh no i don't have that colour/material on standby. (the X1C is based in my cellar)
But after a print the used spool is cut off and so easy to swap as the whole purging the previous filament is all done automaticly.

Get outta town, that is sick! I never know what to do with spools that only have a few dozen grams of filament left. Very cool that you can let one finish up before switching to the next one. Seriously cool.
My default is set that the app will ask me what to do. Generally you do want to continue on the same material/colour. So getting a notification the printer demands your attention is a nice thing. You can finish up every spool and lose like max 1 min of printing time to put a new spool in the AMS.

Hello Arrma & Bambu Lab users!

Question to Bambu Lab A1 Mini owners - what is your experience with PC (poly-carbon) filament?
It is specified as not recommended filament in official spec, but with hardened steel hotend - is it still an issue to use it in A1 mini?

Asking this because recently I bought few 3D-printed parts for my Big Rock from PETG, TPU and PC and I'm impressed about PC quality, and from specs it looks like PC's impact/load/thermal ressistance is best among mentioned materials. Looks like perfect filament for RC parts...
Thinking to buy A1 Mini for myself - will it handle printing from PC?

Question 2 - is it worth to buy "Bambu Dual-Sided Smooth PEI Plate" for A1 Mini?
What benefits it has comparing to "Bambu Dual-Sided Textured PEI Plate" which is standard equipment?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Hello Arrma & Bambu Lab users!

Question to Bambu Lab A1 Mini owners - what is your experience with PC (poly-carbon) filament?
It is specified as not recommended filament in official spec, but with hardened steel hotend - is it still an issue to use it in A1 mini?

Asking this because recently I bought few 3D-printed parts for my Big Rock from PETG, TPU and PC and I'm impressed about PC quality, and from specs it looks like PC's impact/load/thermal ressistance is best among mentioned materials. Looks like perfect filament for RC parts...
Thinking to buy A1 Mini for myself - will it handle printing from PC?

Question 2 - is it worth to buy "Bambu Dual-Sided Smooth PEI Plate" for A1 Mini?
What benefits it has comparing to "Bambu Dual-Sided Textured PEI Plate" which is standard equipment?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Keep in mind there's a quite a few requirements to printing higher strength filaments.

One is to have a harden steel nozzle ,yes...
But you also need to be able to heat the nozzle up to ~300° have a bed that can go up to ~120° and have an enclosure that can maintain the high temperatures.
+ Assuming your equipment, ie: printer can function in that sort of heated environment for extended amounts of time.

Because you also need to print Slowly, like ~30mm/s for the print to succeed.

So it's possible to modify the printer to do it, maybe..
but will it be able to do it consistently?
Or without other printing failures/issues..?

Back