Kraton Bending motor mounths 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Im starting getting tired of this i have to take my motor assembly aparts 1-2 runs each time.. to unben my motor mounth when sometime si hit something at 20-15kmh by accident with my front.. im looking for a front bumper now because its ridiculous to have to take apart my motor assembly everyday... to the point that my father says that my rc car is taking out my life.
I know my mount is bended because my gear mesh starts making a differant sound than normal.. its minimal but its there enough to ruin my day almost
:mad:

Last edited:
If you have a front collision strong enough to bend your motor mount every time you run the truck, consider finding a huge field and practicing. No truck is bulletproof from user error.

Last edited:
myeah im not the best driver most of the time i hit something because in trying to wheelie because of my loose slipper trying to find the right tune for it aswell
And i brake and hit with a minor speed like a curb
Those damn trees just hate us, amirite? ?
Sometimes nose landing because i brake instead of letting more power always happen in the forst jump of the day because im not fully aware ?

You just need some more wheel time, and that will pass.

Something like this might help. There is only one stock mounting hole and a second one on the right end of the block would need to be drilled and added while in place being held by the first screw, which is visible in the second image below.

Where do i add this
There is a hole next to the motor. The tall think black wall in that image is the dirt flap on a Granite or BRCC. The smaller square block is the center chassis ridge line. The red is the motor can.

Last edited:
It fits! Had to cut out little notches for the screws on the motor can end. I forgot to model for them. ??

This is the screw hole I used to hold the mount in place.

It fits! Had to cut out little notches for the screws on the motor can end. I forgot to model for them. ??

View attachment 46765

This is the screw hole I used to hold the mount in place.

View attachment 46766
Mhm interesting thats the granite chassi i will check if i have the same hole near my motor on my kraton and funny thing i had 2 nose landings today and i did not bend the mount.. its so weird. Today i was driving like a snail i was fliping my car like a patato
Okay i have the same hole you have i will try to find the file now

Mhm interesting thats the granite chassi i will check if i have the same hole near my motor on my kraton and funny thing i had 2 nose landings today and i did not bend the mount.. its so weird. Today i was driving like a snail i was fliping my car like a patato
Okay i have the same hole you have i will try to find the file now
That's the LWB of a Typhon, but the Granite has the same hole. There is a small section between the ESC and motor that is different between the SWB and LWB. This piece shouldn't even enter that area.

Here it is sitting in a Granite chassis (SWB)

That's the LWB of a Typhon, but the Granite has the same hole. There is a small section between the ESC and motor that is different between the SWB and LWB. This piece shouldn't even enter that area.

Here it is sitting in a Granite chassis (SWB)

View attachment 46768
Oki so i will try to get some fillament and i will print the thing at my school
What am I look at here, a 3D printed part? A stock Arrma part?
Printed
I was not able to find that part on the internet so far

What am I look at here, a 3D printed part? A stock Arrma part?
3D printed part I thought up after the OP created the thread today
Oki so i will try to get some fillament and i will print the thing at my school

Printed
I was not able to find that part on the internet so far
I am using PLA, but if you have access to carbon fiber reinforced nylon, I think that might be better. I had to revise my design just a little because I forgot the motor wire clip used that hole in the chassis. I made a notch to accommodate the clip now. It’s reprinting now and will be done around noon tomorrow. I have other items on the bed with it.

I'd be worried about heat.
That’s why I have dual turbo fans. These things push a TON of air on the standard radio BEC. Can’t imagine them on 7.4v.

I have bend my motor mount in the first jump car was totally seizd today with my friend i had to go home to hammer it back came back 30mins later bended it AGAIN ... i took the bumper off the toy grade rc i had sitting arround for years and made a bumper with foam

I have done some nasty nose landings from 40 foot in the air and broke nothing nor bent the motor plate. Should I be worried about it bending?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back