Kraton Best 6S battery?? Experiences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, after 40+ lipo's i only buy the Graphenes, they are worth it.
So I am new to the hobby again in a whole new generation as my last RC car was 25 years ago and boring. So when I splurged on the Kraton at K & K hobby in FL a month ago they sold me Powerhobby batteries. Should I be using something else? Am I missing out on some power loss? Thanks from the newbie.

I haven't had any issues with the powerhobby 3s packs I have. But they do have a little higher Internal resistance than my smc packs. When it comes time to buy more batteries I think I'm gonna try the smc 7200 Mah 6s pack.

So I am new to the hobby again in a whole new generation as my last RC car was 25 years ago and boring. So when I splurged on the Kraton at K & K hobby in FL a month ago they sold me Powerhobby batteries. Should I be using something else? Am I missing out on some power loss? Thanks from the newbie.
Use what you already have. I heard that the Graphene was heavier than other comparable packs and the cost was higher than the SMC packs.

I haven't had any issues with the powerhobby 3s packs I have. But they do have a little higher Internal resistance than my smc packs. When it comes time to buy more batteries I think I'm gonna try the smc 7200 Mah 6s pack.
Thats what I'm going to go with also. Maby even the 5400 6s pack. Sometimes Dax H. may want to consider weight wise for the Kraton.

The Graphenes have more punch but i don't think you will really miss it. It's more about quality. Graphenes are more consistent over a longer period. That means they don't puff as fast and keep their original capacity and low internal resistance longer than any other lipo i have owned. (Which doesn't include very high priced batteries like Maxamps)

So I am new to the hobby agingain in a whole new generation as my last RC car was 25 years ago and boring. So when I splurged on the Kraton at K & K hobby in FL a month ago they sold me Powerhobby batteries. Should I be using something else? Am I missing out on some power loss? Thanks from the newbie.
Dax H. I'm not here to knock any lipo brands or type. I'm just getting back myself and had electric myself. I want to do everything right from the get go this time around. Buy once buy right.

I will soon be getting the Kraton and Granite 4x4 blx no doubt. I would highly suggest to go to www.smc-racing.net and click on catagories.

Go to "LVC Adjustments and Packs in Series". There is some important info on why to not run packs in series such as the Kraton you have. After I read this I changed my thinking on running dual packs for my upcoming Kratin to brick packs.

Also under catagories u will find "Battery Testing" go there u will find info on Graphene technology and testing.

I had Max Amps packs in the past, they did me well but were expensive. Even more so today.

I will be picking up a few SMC packs very soon. Very good quality packs for a fair price. Heard nothing but good things from this company. Many people use their products including racers.

You can get a Turnigy 5000mAh 6s 65C brick pack for about $150. USD. A little high but not bad. Graphenes weight a little more than comparable packs im told. Something to keep in mind for the Kraton.

For my Kraton I want to keep it light as possible so that why I will be going with the SMC 5400 6S brick pack over the heavier 7400. Duals are out for me.

One last note, I seen Vas from Aussie Playground run a Turnigy Graphene brick pack that had only a few runs on it and it severely puffed. He wasn't to happy. Fluke or not nothings perfect.

Anyway one noob to anorher I wanted to share my info to you. Read up on the SMC info I provided and make up your own mind. It's your money and the decision is yours alone. Arrma D.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back