Kraton Best Kraton front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Since the basic Kraton doesn’t come with a bumper I’m looking for a good one. I love the Arrma basher bumper on my noto, but also have an rpm bumper. Unfortunately I lost the pin retainer part for the rpm bumper so can’t use it. Is there a part I can buy to replace it? I can’t find anything…

So what do y’all run on your Kratons for front bumpers? Oh… are the 6s TBone bumpers worth the cost?

Last edited:
I have the rpm bumpers on my Noto6s. Not sure if you can just get that part. Might just need to order another rpm bumper. At least you will have an extra. I've also heard good things about 3d RC.....haven't used them yet but may in future when need arises. Good luck!

I have the rpm bumpers on my Noto6s. Not sure if you can just get that part. Might just need to order another rpm bumper. At least you will have an extra. I've also heard good things about 3d RC.....haven't used them yet but may in future when need arises. Good luck!
3drc has bumper spring/support things, wonder if he has a pin retainer thing… thanks man!

Since the basic Kraton doesn’t come with a bumper I’m looking for a good one. I love the Arrma basher bumper on my noto, but also have an rpm bumper. Unfortunately I lost the pin retainer part for the rpm bumper so can’t use it. Is there a part I can buy to replace it? I can’t find anything…

So what do y’all run on your Kratons for front bumpers? Oh…Arrma are the 6s TBone bumpers worth the cost?
My bumper came with two pin retainers, I can mail you one if you want.

Going entirely by looks, I like either the older T-bone racing bumper or the bumper off the EXB.... can't seem to get the T-bone one anymore, so for me it's narrowed down to the EXB bumper, which I'll probably be getting for mine sometime soon. The EXB also *looks* a bit stronger than the RPM bumper, but I mean who knows.

Going entirely by looks, I like either the older T-bone racing bumper or the bumper off the EXB.... can't seem to get the T-bone one anymore, so for me it's narrowed down to the EXB bumper, which I'll probably be getting for mine sometime soon. The EXB also *looks* a bit stronger than the RPM bumper, but I mean who knows.
Idk. I have the rpm. And it's seen some hell. And hasn't broken yet and I've used it for over a year.

Idk. I have the rpm. And it's seen some hell. And hasn't broken yet and I've used it for over a year.
I only judge on looks alone, the EXB bumper looks like it's using a more plastic. I'm sure they're both perfectly fine..... for me I personally don't care if one's a bit weaker than the other, either are better than running nothing at all, so for me it comes down to which I think looks cooler.

Edit: Having another look, the RPM looks thicker but not as tall, might actually be the stronger bumper, but again, personally I'm gonna go with what i think looks cool.

I only judge on looks alone, the EXB bumper looks like it's using a more plastic. I'm sure they're both perfectly fine..... for me I personally don't care if one's a bit weaker than the other, either are better than running nothing at all, so for me it comes down to which I think looks cooler.
Yeah. It's a personal preferences.

For my 1/7 Outcast I made my own using hdpe and a heat gun. Kind of cool to have a one off. You seem like a pretty crafty guy and could have fun with it.

1EB7BAEC-919F-41AC-B15C-A9EEBB6C76DB.jpeg

73FC9AC1-066B-4E77-BF80-EF449484BF85.jpeg

I think the rpm is a little more stout than the exb bumper personally. Namely the front rail or whatever you want to call it(curved piece).
Either one is good, having both is best!!🤘
For my 1/7 Outcast I made my own using hdpe and a heat gun. Kind of cool to have a one off. You seem like a pretty crafty guy and could have fun with it.

View attachment 218540

View attachment 218541
Think I've said it before, but that looks killer, nice work!

I think the attachment points of the EXB bumper makes it shine better than the RPM's. Function over form is what matters most with bumpers.
Having T-bones, they look hideous.( form factor) But have not failed for me in 3 of my rigs. At least has done its job for the most part. Expensive however... maybe overpriced?? But they need to be looked over at times. They can damage the bulkhead if using the OE plastic stockers. Screws tend to strip out with hard impacts. I would not got to T-Bones anymore. Just they were the only game in town 5-6 years ago. Now, the EXB and RPM's would be my next choice to try out. In that order.

I think the attachment points of the EXB bumper makes it shine better than the RPM's. Function over form is what matters most with bumpers.
Having T-bones, they look hideous.( form factor) But have not failed for me in 3 of my rigs. At least has done its job for the most part. Expensive however... maybe overpriced?? But they need to be looked over at times. They can damage the bulkhead if using the OE plastic stockers. Screws tend to strip out with hard impacts. I would not got to T-Bones anymore. Just they were the only game in town 5-6 years ago. Now, the EXB and RPM's would be my next choice to try out. In that order.
I agree, not even sure what all came with the rpm kraton front bumper, but I used the Arrma spring with the rpm bumper for a reason. Had to drill and countersink the bumper to accept the screws for the bumper spring. Best of both IMO 👍

20220320_192808.jpg

^^^
great idea for others.(y)(y)(y)
I like that myself.

The RPM and it looks like the T-bone too use the lower gearbox screws as attachment points which will weaken the attachment of the gearbox and overall structural integrity of the car by anchoring these critical screws to soft plastic instead of the aluminum chassis. The EXB seems to be the only one with a good design which adds lower and upper mounting points while minimally compromising existing ones.

My vote goes to EXB.

Last edited:
I agree, not even sure what all came with the rpm kraton front bumper, but I used the Arrma spring with the rpm bumper for a reason. Had to drill and countersink the bumper to accept the screws for the bumper spring. Best of both IMO 👍

View attachment 218572
Looks like I have an excuse for a 3d-rc bumper mount lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back