Best tires for my Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jvillemike

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Ok I bought a used Notorious and was all concerned with upgrading my chassis braces and servo mount before I ran it the first time and blew a tire apart in 5 minutes. So now I’m in the market for tires. I’ve been looking at prolines badlands and lm kind of leaning that way. What’s everybody running on their Notorious? Any good suggestions? I was also looking at Sweep terrain crushers but was worried about off-road traction. Any advice would be appreciated

Sustained 6s full throttle will blow almost any monster truck tire. Venting them will help but doing full throttle donuts, self righting and triple backflips etc. all hard on tires. You could have just had a bad one. Most really like the stock tires, that's what I use on the Kraton and the Outcast. I have to reglue them all the time though. Recently started running the 4s Backflips on the OC and I may like them even better than the original. Proline shockwaves are really nice but balloon like crazy and are pricey. Original Badlands are nice as well but are more of a truggy tire. The MX ones look really cool but are quite heavy and hard on the drive line and will make your motor run a little hot. Probably did help you much, maybe someone else will chime in. Sorry about your troubles, this is supposed to be fun...

Did you drive with the tyres wet?

Look up venting as mentioned above, it really works well, the Backflips are a great tyres, just need to keep an eye on the glue around the bead. Never drive with partially un glued tyres and if they get wet don't run them unvented, they will shake themselves to bits.

Listen to the venting advice but as for what is a good tyre depends on the conditions your run in. For example I run Backflips on my Kraton most of the time but some places I go I find the minokawa’s pretty good yet most people think they are rubbish

Thank for the advice. I didn’t vent them but looked it up and plan to. I think I’m going to buy a pair of backflips to save a couple of bucks over a whole new set and also so I’ve got a spare. I was self righting when I blew it up. It worked great four times before that but blew out on the 5th. To much power I should have walked over and flipped it but thought I had it figured out. Oh well, it’s all part of it!

Listen to the venting advice but as for what is a good tyre depends on the conditions your run in. For example I run Backflips on my Kraton most of the time but some places I go I find the minokawa’s pretty good yet most people think they are rubbish

Sorry to bump a 3 month old post, but Lazy, where do you get the Backflips in Aus? I've just blown a single tyre doing skids and my LHS is suggesting Prolines with wheels for $180 (all 4)

I bought mine from Mild to Wild in Brisbane. They do post. I think mine cost somewhere around $100 or a bit more, but certainly not $180. I still run my Minokawa's a bit still as I find them ok still in a number of places I run it. I haven't bought tyres from JennysRC but they are an option and you could also keep an eye out on Amped RC who run a chop shop as well.....though not the 2019 Kraton yet but they do have the 2019 Notorious

If I'm running 6S, I wrap them with kevlar string to avoid having them blow apart or come unglued. Never had to care with nitro really, well, aside from my jato. None of my nitro MT's spin them fast enough to really cause much ballooning.

When running 4S in my outcast/savage/erbe, I didn't have any issues either with trencher 3.8's. As soon as I started running 6S before I wrapped them, they come off the rims within minutes of the first run.

Sustained 6s full throttle will blow almost any monster truck tire. Venting them will help but doing full throttle donuts, self righting and triple backflips etc. all hard on tires. You could have just had a bad one. Most really like the stock tires, that's what I use on the Kraton and the Outcast. I have to reglue them all the time though. Recently started running the 4s Backflips on the OC and I may like them even better than the original. Proline shockwaves are really nice but balloon like crazy and are pricey. Original Badlands are nice as well but are more of a truggy tire. The MX ones look really cool but are quite heavy and hard on the drive line and will make your motor run a little hot. Probably did help you much, maybe someone else will chime in. Sorry about your troubles, this is supposed to be fun...

I'm with ya on the backflip lp's.. love them! Have them mounted on some kraton rims and they look nice on the outcast

I pretty much agree with all you said. You covered it. 4S BF LP's being lower profile may last longer? I put 1/8 Truggy Duratrax X-cons on my Kraton to be different. And I was surprised to really like them. So I left them on. The Copperhead 2's are ok. Backflips just have the best overall bite for most surfaces and are just large enough for better mid air gyration. IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back