Kraton BicketyBam's Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I will be "demo-ing" the new Kraton 8S tomorrow when it arrives at my LHS. Depending on when FedEx delivers it I may be able to get a quick run in. I'm very fortunate to be able to get my hands on one!???

There are some other things I learned from my LHS. The trucks are going to ship the first week of December. my store ordered 12 and the rep told him that there's a good chance he's not going to get them all. He was then told the next shipment will be in April. One bit of good news is that parts are available for it right now. He specifically asked that if it should happen to break while they are demoing it, would he be able to get parts to fix it and they said yes.

He is going to make me adapters to convert xt90 to whatever is on the ESC. He also ordered two of the new spectrum batteries for me. I am on the fence as to whether I will get the smart charger or not. There is a bundle for sale that comes with two batteries and the charger for $350. The batteries alone are $100 a piece so that makes the charger $150.

By the way I will be getting the one with the yellow body. My LHS didn't get a choice.
Screenshot_20191121-115948_Chrome.jpg

For those wondering, this is how the order process went. HH contacted my LHS on Monday of this week and said they have a new product from Arrma being released and asked if he would be interested in a demo. They wouldn't tell him what it was, just the cost. He said yes. He found out today it was the Kraton 8s when he received the invoice (back dated to Monday ?). He was then able to call and place his order. He was told that HH would have them in hand next week and that they would ship the first week in December. He ordered 12, 6 of each color. He was told he probably won't get them all and the next expected shipment is April. Now remember that he is relatively new to Arrma. He just started selling them back in the Spring. He wasn't even able to get a 10th anniversary Outcast. So depending on you LHS you may have better luck. I am very fortunate that I'm the guy that got him to stock Arrmas and he knows how much I support the brand. This gives me access to the new releases ?

I will be "demo-ing" the new Kraton 8S tomorrow when it arrives at my LHS. Depending on when FedEx delivers it I may be able to get a quick run in. I'm very fortunate to be able to get my hands on one!???
Grest timing, my LHS will have the Kraton demo this Saturday. I'm picking 1 of these 3. Kraton, DBXL-E 2.0 or the Super Rock Rey. I'm sure you have and a idea which way I'm leaning.... that's based mainly from your YouTube videos.

Your buddy down the street already has one and ran it at your BMX track.

I don't know him so I'm not sure buddy is the right word. Maybe you were shooting for neighbor.

Good news is he ran it on a cold morning. He said 17F and it didn’t break anything. Looks like the tires grab a lot on that Bethel track. He didn’t do big sends like you do Ed, but it looks great on that track. Wish I had a great place like that to run. I could justify owning one if so. Hope you get yours soon and can’t wait to see your sends off the berm ??

Edit: he broke the front bumper ?

That's bicketybam in disguise. Dr. Jekyll IMO.
That’s funny. I believe his name is Craig and is about as squeaky clean as they get. That’s not a shot at you Ed, as your best quality is being a genuine straight shooter. While the polish helps this guy with corporate types, is basher types would clearly gravitate towards Eds channel and his content. ??

That’s funny. I believe his name is Craig and is about as squeaky clean as they get. That’s not a shot at you Ed, as your best quality is being a genuine straight shooter. While the polish helps this guy with corporate types, is basher types would clearly gravitate towards Eds channel and his content. ??
Are we doing this again? Seriously? FFS.

Comapring my channel to someone else's who has 100 times more subs than me. This thread is about my Kraton 8s.
I was giving you a complement. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back