Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to be serious, just having fun now. I still enjoy figuring out how to dial in cars. Prolly why I'm always tinkering with my BRCC even though it's a basher lol. I've been thinking about taking it to the BMX track a lake park, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. My buddy's hobby shop is on 41 in Lutz, just north of where Florida and Nebraska split. It's only a 1/10 scale track, but plenty of fun. There are a bunch of tracks in the Tampa area(dirt & on-road), it's pretty convenient.

yeah i know that area real well.. right past tim moye transmission... last time i was in tampa that area was a big field.... the bmx track is a speed track now i think... the best place to bash around there is in ocala at the mtb jump park... there are some huge lips there...

this pic is old i think...the jumps are way . more gnarly now...
1546758864934.png

Is that the bmx track in Ocala? That looks fun. May be a little too far for me for a bash session lol. There are plenty of spots I used to ride at croom exactly like that, a lot of good bowls too. But we'd have to go during a weekday. There is also a new skate park in Zephyrhills.

its called Santos in ocala nat forrest...I used to dirt jump there before i started bashing.....thats cool to hear there are alot of new spots around there... ill hit you up when i figure out when im gonna come down... im gonna bring the talion or notorious with me.

I used to camp/ride up there all the time. Big Scrub and Delancy West were awesome! Bring the Notorious, I've been eyeing it. I'd love to see it run.

nice....the notorious is fun...i have only jumped it like 2 times since i put the talion lwb chassis on it... i should have all the new voltage parts on it this week. ill send you a vid... its super fun with the longer chassis...

Just purchased an Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab. On it's maiden run, I noticed it isn't quite setup to my liking. I've spent a lot of time on here researching. I spent a lot of time looking at Granite and Senton threads as the BRCC specific info isn't as abundant. So I decided to post up what I've done to my BRCC so far, and try and include part numbers where I can.

The first thing I did was ditch the stock bearings for rubber sealed bearings. I only replaced the bearings in the wheel hubs and on the spur gear/slipper so far. Fasteddys didn't have a specific kit for the BRCC yet, it did have sets for the Granite but I didn't want to chance it so I looked up the Arrma Part numbers, got the bearing sizes, and found Traxxas bearings at my LHS.

These are the corresponding Traxxas bearings for the BRCC wheel hubs.

Ty. Was looking for this information.

***UPDATE*** Added Proline Overland Roof Rack and Proline 4" Light Bar on my BRCC to run at night. Not sure of the lumens it puts out, but it is really bright. Roof Rack is very durable, held up well to a bunch of rollovers so far(pic was taken when it was installed so no battle scars lol).

Still tinkering with suspension setup. Right now I've got: 60wt oil/Tekno Orange Springs Front and 45wt oil/Losi 2.8 Springs Rear. It was very plush, very similar to how my Tekno SCT410.3 rides. It's very close to my liking. I may go up in spring rate in front to combat the nose diving on braking.

Thinking of ditching the duratrax 12mm hexes in favor for Traxxas hexes with captured pin. Ordered HR Steering blocks, HR C-Hubs, HR Adjustable Motor Mount, and HR Steering rack. Should be in next week. Also ordered GPM parts for comparison.
View attachment 26482

I really like this look! Badboy!!?

Sweet! Post up pics of your rig when your parts come in Megafandrew! Can’t wait to see it.

Will do. It will be in a couple weeks once I get everything and get back from work. I did this mod I seen on YouTube. It’s a T-Bone Racing front bumper for the Granite blx but it fits on nicely and looks more beefy now. Here is how it’s sitting right now. Tires ready, need adapters lol

Attachments

• C9B9478A-63F0-4E66-A3B2-99509F6752DA.jpeg
    C9B9478A-63F0-4E66-A3B2-99509F6752DA.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 800C2A17-435F-406C-8133-0165A6309228.jpeg
    800C2A17-435F-406C-8133-0165A6309228.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 002147D7-4343-430B-9AE2-4EE6FC25E534.jpeg
    002147D7-4343-430B-9AE2-4EE6FC25E534.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 126E4D7C-CCF4-4FA8-A485-5E55BDD9B835.jpeg
    126E4D7C-CCF4-4FA8-A485-5E55BDD9B835.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 159
Installed the HR Steering Bellcrack. This is one of the best parts I've put on my BRCC, it has removed almost all of the slop in the steering. I also installed the HR pivot balls, GPM C-hubs, and GPM Steering blocks.

HR Steering Bellcrank.jpg

HR pivot balls.jpg

im trying with all my self control to not buy a BRCC right now... how do you like it?

I was was gonna keep it stock, I would've gotten the Granite. The BRCC in stock form rolls way too much. I freakin love it now though. I think Arrma did it right with the 3s BLX series of trucks. I've had a bunch of 1/8 scale cars, 1/10 monster truck is a pretty DOPE class. They are cheap, so I really don't care if I break it. And I can pretty much drive it anywhere, I don't need a lot of space to bash.

thats the thing about the 3s... they are cheap...i love my senton 3s but that BR is slick.... how much have you spent to get it right?

Not sure, all it needs to get it right is Duratrax 12mm hexes, HR 12mm to 17mm adapters, Proline Badlands, and HR Steering bellcrank. That's about $140. All the other stuff I added is just personal preference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back