Big Rock Big rock inside diff gears destroyed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevykev

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 6s
First off there (at the time I didn’t know) but there is a bearing inside the diff outdrive and I’m sure that bearing was destroyed. It was binding so I thought I’d throw a couple shims on the outdrive. Boom no more binding. I also was working with the diff while it was semi full and seating it so I know that probably attributed. I understand now the diff should be clean and dry lol.

Bashed for a couple minutes Then realized it slowed down tremendously. Three wheels were spinning quick and one was slow and it was coming from the back diff. Opened her up and realized I destroyed the inside diff lol. Ordered a couple diffs from Jenny’s now we wait.

Btw If you didn’t know the bearing for the outdrive diff is ARA610014. Just thought this was hilarious. Other than that arrma cars are great and if you drive them correctly they’ll take some abuse! Now I need a senton lol.

TLDR: bearing inside outdrive diff failed still kept trying to make it work until I destroyed the inside diff gears.

7B186A5C-6615-4F6B-B011-AD963F03B55B.jpeg

4B0ED581-1A3F-4D3F-AB7A-BBAD2DE43AF0.jpeg

22260AA2-23A7-43F5-8439-8B29B891FAA3.jpeg

C6E07002-4BAC-4382-B00A-810977A62079.jpeg

First off there (at the time I didn’t know) but there is a bearing inside the diff outdrive and I’m sure that bearing was destroyed. It was binding so I thought I’d throw a couple shims on the outdrive. Boom no more binding. I also was working with the diff while it was semi full and seating it so I know that probably attributed. I understand now the diff should be clean and dry lol.

Bashed for a couple minutes Then realized it slowed down tremendously. Three wheels were spinning quick and one was slow and it was coming from the back diff. Opened her up and realized I destroyed the inside diff lol. Ordered a couple diffs from Jenny’s now we wait.

Btw If you didn’t know the bearing for the outdrive diff is ARA610014. Just thought this was hilarious. Other than that arrma cars are great and if you drive them correctly they’ll take some abuse! Now I need a senton lol.

TLDR: bearing inside outdrive diff failed still kept trying to make it work until I destroyed the inside diff gears.

View attachment 206106

View attachment 206107

View attachment 206108

View attachment 206109
Wow, that's some major mechanical carnage!!!

That bearing usually lasts a long time since it's quite protected. But yeah, if it seizes up, that's the damage I would expect to see.

View attachment 206106

View attachment 206107

View attachment 206108

View attachment 206109

I had a similar experience with my Big Rock. The issue was I was very sloppy with filling the diff cup and letting diff oil get in the screw holes and when close together removing what I overfilled all around the diff so not a good seal.

This led to a diff that was not closed and sealed correctly so not being screwed down well my internal gears had movement and play.

I learned to keep the screw holes dry and do not overfill. May not be your issue but was mine that lead to what you posted.

Best of luck!

I never understood how can people achive that. Im on the same internal gear for 2years now
Lol I’m sure they would have stood the test of time if I was more aware of what I was doing. Trial and error man lol. I won’t make the same mistake again though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back