Blown Tyres.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoc85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 6s
The motor wouldn’t even have an hour and a half of run time on it from when I first blew up the Copperhead. Combination of speed runs and bashing with a locked 46T spur......17T pinion.
This Hobbies not cheap.

C4292653-0FA7-4271-A018-A512AF6CF449.jpeg

The motor wouldn’t even have an hour and a half of run time on it from when I first blew up the Copperhead. Combination of speed runs and bashing with a locked 46T spur......17T pinion.
This Hobbies not cheap.
Are they for the 3S Senton? If so, the stock tires arent known for high speed, which is why anyone doing speed runs typically uses tires rated for the higher speed. All of my vehicles are 2S or 3S, and, for my SCT's, i buy either Duratrax Shootout SC's, or Badlands MX or SC, belt them myself, then mount them, and even on my Losi 22S at roughly 65MPH, haven't blown any yet. I will admit though, im not the best at balancing them. The Badlands do hold up better than the DTX. As for this hobby not being cheap, hope you don't fall down the rabbit hole. Cheap becomes an understatement then.

Are they for the 3S Senton? If so, the stock tires arent known for high speed, which is why anyone doing speed runs typically uses tires rated for the higher speed. All of my vehicles are 2S or 3S, and, for my SCT's, i buy either Duratrax Shootout SC's, or Badlands MX or SC, belt them myself, then mount them, and even on my Losi 22S at roughly 65MPH, haven't blown any yet. I will admit though, im not the best at balancing them. The Badlands do hold up better than the DTX. As for this hobby not being cheap, hope you don't fall down the rabbit hole. Cheap becomes an understatement then.
I was speed running a V4 Kraton with the Katars. I did hit 75mph but was hoping to hit 80. Was interested to see how far I could push a bashing tyre. I did use braided fishing line and tape for added assistance but that didn’t really work.
I speed run with belted tyres on the Infraction.
just blown a foam in copperhead 2. tire is like brand new. wish arrma would offer foams stupid really
Did you vent the tyres?

Last edited:
I was speed running a V4 Kraton with the Katars. I did hit 75mph but was hoping to hit 80. Was interested to see how far I could push a bashing tyre. I did use braided fishing line and tape for added assistance but that didn’t really work.
I speed run with belted tyres on the Infraction.

Did you vent the tyres?
yes got them wet a few times so think thats the problem.

I don't have my 6S trucks geared for speed at all, but I still wrap them with 500lb kevlar cord to keep them from blowing off the wheels. Just isn't worth not doing it IMHO. Would suck to have your day ended because of that. Then if you don't catch it early enough, it's not cheap to fix.

I've been running the same sets of trenchers and backflips on my 6S trucks for 2+ years. No tire issues... other than the weight of the trenchers...

I don't have my 6S trucks geared for speed at all, but I still wrap them with 500lb kevlar cord to keep them from blowing off the wheels. Just isn't worth not doing it IMHO. Would suck to have your day ended because of that. Then if you don't catch it early enough, it's not cheap to fix.

I've been running the same sets of trenchers and backflips on my 6S trucks for 2+ years. No tire issues... other than the weight of the trenchers...
How are you getting backflips to last 2yrs? Mine made it 5 months before I need to buy a new set.

How are you getting backflips to last 2yrs? Mine made it 5 months before I need to buy a new set.
Sorry, been running 6S for 2 years with trenchers. I put the backflips on my outcast instead of trenchers in July of last year.

Either way, I don't see them not lasting a long time since I won't run them really on anything but grass. If I want to run it at a skate park, I throw a set of trenchers back on it, it doesn't run as warm there anyway, but I found that the lighter backflips seem to help my diffs last longer... so perhaps I'll get a set of the old kraton tires for it when I want to run at the skate park.

Sorry, been running 6S for 2 years with trenchers. I put the backflips on my outcast instead of trenchers in July of last year.

Either way, I don't see them not lasting a long time since I won't run them really on anything but grass. If I want to run it at a skate park, I throw a set of trenchers back on it, it doesn't run as warm there anyway, but I found that the lighter backflips seem to help my diffs last longer... so perhaps I'll get a set of the old kraton tires for it when I want to run at the skate park.
Cool deal. I was like maybe I got a bad batch lol.. LPs are next up on my list, but the Mojave tires look really interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back