BLX Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Anyone ever had any luck rebuilding Arrma motors? Today my BR stop running, took it apart and found out the front bearing in the motor blew apart. Not sure if its worth it or not. Kinda sucks, not very old 2400KV 3668 4-POLE

If the Kevlar wrap is in good shape, just put fresh bearings in there and let r rip
I tore some stuff up today! Both rigs sitting on the bench in pieces. Are you still running stock differentials in your Granite? Hot Racing makes BLX 3S 4S Steel Diff Ring/Pinion Gear Set ATF9337. I'm definitely getting the yokes.

I tore some stuff up today! Both rigs sitting on the bench in pieces. Are you still running stock differentials in your Granite? Hot Racing makes BLX 3S 4S Steel Diff Ring/Pinion Gear Set ATF9337. I'm definitely getting the yokes.
Yeah if it comes to be me needing those HR diffs, I am done with the 3S/4S rigs. I will just focus on 6S from then on. No way I'm dropping the kind of money on metal diffs and CVDs on a $300 - $400 rig.

Yeah if it comes to be me needing those HR diffs, I am done with the 3S/4S rigs. I will just focus on 6S from then on. No way I'm dropping the kind of money on metal diffs and CVDs on a $300 - $400 rig.
Yeah my granite is completely stock other then rpm arms and he steering. And she is a tank I cant kill the thing and have never had issues with anything. Oh sorry and a bearing kit obviously. I'm with dilly. I would just buy another 6s at that point.

I'll buy a 6s sooner or later. I gotta get my BR and Granite fixed meanwhile. Both running on 4s. Not many places around here to run them. I'm still getting my feet wet.

Last edited:
If the Kevlar wrap is in good shape, just put fresh bearings in there and let r rip
I ordered the bearings for the motor. Looks like only (1) washer (2) spacers came out when I took it apart. Most of the videos show (2) and (2). Can I purchase the washers?

If you have a caliper you can measure them. But that isn't normally something that they sell like that unfortunately.
Fyi stainless steel is what you want.

If you have a caliper you can measure them. But that isn't normally something that they sell like that unfortunately.
I guess I can take apart my 3200kv that’s sitting on my work bench collecting dust.

Sounds like a plan as long as it is the same motor. ?
Any trick to removing the bearing race from the motor shaft? This is the side that blew apart closest to the pinion. Everything else looks good. I’m going to tear apart my other 2400kv very slowly to make sure I got everything. ??Clean it and change the bearings.
F64EBA10-7E31-4199-875A-C5AF70498E4D.jpeg

Any trick to removing the bearing race from the motor shaft? This is the side that blew apart closest to the pinion. Everything else looks good. I’m going to tear apart my other 2400kv very slowly to make sure I got everything. ??Clean it and change the bearings. View attachment 74660
If you are very careful you can slowly cut it with a dremel and it will eventually pop off

If you are very careful you can slowly cut it with a dremel and it will eventually pop off
That’s what I was thinking. I’ll give it a try.

I was able to clamp on to the race with vise grips, rest those over the open jaws of my vise, and gently tap the motor shaft. It helps to put a snug fitting socket over the shaft so your not hitting the shaft directly. When the race gets flush with the end of the shaft, use a blunt end punch to get it the rest of the way off. Light tapping did the trick. BTW, Horizon is replacing motors under warranty. Also, if your having issues with the BLX100 ESC going into early LVC, they are replacing those as well. Give em a call. Wait till Tuesday or Wednesday tho, as Monday Am's are very busy for them.

I was able to clamp on to the race with vise grips, rest those over the open jaws of my vise, and gently tap the motor shaft. It helps to put a snug fitting socket over the shaft so your not hitting the shaft directly. When the race gets flush with the end of the shaft, use a blunt end punch to get it the rest of the way off. Light tapping did the trick. BTW, Horizon is replacing motors under warranty. Also, if your having issues with the BLX100 ESC going into early LVC, they are replacing those as well. Give em a call. Wait till Tuesday or Wednesday tho, as Monday Am's are very busy for them.
You think Horizon would replace the motor even if it was bought from JRC 2 months ago?

After cleaning the inside of that motor real good, it looks like the bearing possibly damaged the copper on the pinion side. I see a few loose pieces of wire dangling. Motor is probably shot. Got another on the way from JRC. Sucks I’ve only had it for a couple of months. How often should I be taking the motor apart and changing the bearings? Also every time I take apart my motor mount assembly to check my gear mesh, that thing is full of black dust. Is that normal? If so, how often should I clean that?

After cleaning the inside of that motor real good, it looks like the bearing possibly damaged the copper on the pinion side. I see a few loose pieces of wire dangling. Motor is probably shot. Got another on the way from JRC. Sucks I’ve only had it for a couple of months. How often should I be taking the motor apart and changing the bearings? Also every time I take apart my motor mount assembly to check my gear mesh, that thing is full of black dust. Is that normal? If so, how often should I clean that?
I honestly don't worry about fixing motors. I just recently started using better bearings. But I see them as disposable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back