Blx100 esc toast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Can't get any throttle response.

Everything else works. Using fully charged batteries and that.

Tried a good motor and no joy. No noise at all. Will not even try. No clogging noises or anything just dead silence.

Have checked all the setting and reset endpoints and made sure it isn't something stupid like throttle rate all the way down.

Checked the motor with another ESC and everything is good. Mechanically the drive train is sound.

Any reason why only the throttle will not work? It was running fine was in some snow then I lost throttle. Recharged batteries and let everything warm up and that still nothing.

Everything seems to work otherwise even the fan and what not.

Any ideas? There was no magic smoke or any indication anything was wrong.

Can't get any throttle response.

Everything else works. Using fully charged batteries and that.

Tried a good motor and no joy. No noise at all. Will not even try. No clogging noises or anything just dead silence.

Have checked all the setting and reset endpoints and made sure it isn't something stupid like throttle rate all the way down.

Checked the motor with another ESC and everything is good. Mechanically the drive train is sound.

Any reason why only the throttle will not work? It was running fine was in some snow then I lost throttle. Recharged batteries and let everything warm up and that still nothing.

Everything seems to work otherwise even the fan and what not.

Any ideas? There was no magic smoke or any indication anything was wrong.
It sounds like to me your wires coming out of your esc snapped of at the base underneath the black shrink wrap stuff by the capacitors. Or does the esc even turn on? If so then I'm probably wrong 🤷‍♂️. You can just cut the shrink wrap stuff off to check then put some electrical tape on after. If your not strapping down your battery leads with the battery they will snap. The same thing happed to me on both sides before I strapped down my battery leads with the battery. The warrenty proably covers it. ??

This is what you should be doing. 👇

Do.JPG

Last edited:
It sounds like to me your wires coming out of your esc snapped of at the base underneath the black shrink wrap stuff by the capacitors. Or does the esc even turn on? If so then I'm probably wrong 🤷‍♂️. You can just cut the shrink wrap stuff off to check then put some electrical tape on after. If your not strapping down your battery leads with the battery they will snap. The same thing happed to me on both sides before I strapped down my battery leads with the battery. The warrenty proably covers it. ??

This is what you should be doing. 👇

View attachment 128084
Yeah it isn't the battery leads. Everything fires up. What if one of the motor leads had the same problem? Well actually the ESC would probably give a 'no motor' warning wouldn't it? And not function?
Yeah it isn't the battery leads. Everything fires up. What if one of the motor leads had the same problem? Well actually the ESC would probably give a 'no motor' warning wouldn't it? And not function?
Or would the motor try with only 2 phases and make some noise? I don't think the ESC will work unless a motor is connected.

Okay, it might be one the motor leads. Check your manual for the warnings. Or does the ESC give a warning when you turn it on? I can't think of anything else.

Maybe this will help??👇

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/throttle-not-working.18518/

I did as much troubleshooting as I can. The motor is good. The servo is good and the ESC passes power to the reciever and what not. I don't get it.

I think I have tried every combination I am able to of ESC motor and what not.

I got a ticket from product support... got my fingers crossed. I had great success last time but maybe that was my one if you know what I mean.

Can't think of anything else to try. That thread was for a brushed motor so that won't work and I have already confirmed that the motor isn't the problem. And I have done all the button pushing things for my ESC which is pretty fancy by comparison to the MEGA ESC. But I appreciate any other ideas of poop to try while I wait for a response.

I did as much troubleshooting as I can. The motor is good. The servo is good and the ESC passes power to the reciever and what not. I don't get it.

I think I have tried every combination I am able to of ESC motor and what not.

I got a ticket from product support... got my fingers crossed. I had great success last time but maybe that was my one if you know what I mean.

Can't think of anything else to try. That thread was for a brushed motor so that won't work and I have already confirmed that the motor isn't the problem. And I have done all the button pushing things for my ESC which is pretty fancy by comparison to the MEGA ESC. But I appreciate any other ideas of poop to try while I wait for a response.
Sorry I didn't help. If I hear of anything or get any more ideas i'll let you know.

Sorry I didn't help. If I hear of anything or get any more ideas i'll let you know.
No problem, man.

What gets me is the frankenstein granite/typhon thing we mashed together (my son and I) and my pet project frankenstein cheap ass chinese rc absolutely rocking things and my basically bone stock typhon 3S has the most problems. I mean. . . I am not exactly gentle with it but it gets a lot of attention between runs.

I think this has been an awesome introduction to the hobby and we've gotten fairly sophisticated with what we're doing.

This is the watershed moment.

If they come through for me I will forever sing the praises of Arrma and Horizon Hobby and I will be getting a 6S truck to bash the poop out of.

If they kind of flake out on me; I understand. But then I will build a truck from the ground up. Start with an associated or a Losi or something. Maybe get an on road car. Start with a tamiya tt or an MST.

Although a limitless or an exb would offer me those same opportunities.

I kind of think maybe 4S would be the limit in terms of power that I could responsibly use but I want one of these 3 diff architecture drivetrains or to just have fun with smaller scale or different types of surface rc.

That being said I am sooo ready to pull the trigger on a Felony or tackle building a kraton.

Just thinking having different types of rc would make things interesting. Infraction or Felony fit the bill for sure. Limitless just looks like the price tag 'limitless' I don't think I would ever be finished pouring money into one of those.

We'll see if I get lucky twice.

I'm telling you though I freaking love my stupid little WL144001. that thing is going to grenade itself in a spectacular fashion soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back