My BLX100 wires started smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chadwood

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a question. Please look at the picture where I have the blue circle can anyone tell me what this part is called and what does it do?
I connected my battery while the power switch was on (lesson learned) and smoke came out of this. I opened it up and there was a little circuit board with two capacitors on it and a component that was burned. I was wondering if there is a way to just replace the board.
Thank you in advance!
Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 4.21.34 PM.png

That's what is called a cap pack. They're designed to smooth out variances in voltage. I don't know if they sell replacements for that particular ESC but any cap pack made for however many cells the ESC supports would work. You could probably even just remove it and not notice any difference.

That's what is called a cap pack. They're designed to smooth out variances in voltage. I don't know if they sell replacements for that particular ESC but any cap pack made for however many cells the ESC supports would work. You could probably even just remove it and not notice any difference.
Pretty much this, if replacing the caps just get a pack that has the same or higher specs than the current ones.

I have 2 BLX100 escs, one is the V1 without the cap pack and the other is a V2 with the cap pack, I have not noticed any difference between them. The V1 was purchased December 27th 2018 and the V2 was purchased Februaryish 2020.

This is a picture that shows the differences between the 2 escs. Not mine just stole it off Google.

1687212281664.png

Easily repaired, cut them off and resolder the wire without them, you can put new ones in if you like but I've ran fine without caps for ages on an old blx100 of mine. They are useful but not essential.

If the batteries cables are long enough just replace the caps with the battery connector.

Thank you all for your information! Does anyone know where to get a replacement? The caps didn't fail it was a tiny component on the little board that the caps were soldered to.
Thanks again! Great forum!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back