Grom Blx185 and a 540 motor in the little Grom šŸ˜ˆ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Unfortunately I had to sell all of my RC collection except my granite when I got full custody of my daughter. Iā€™m hoping to see if I can save up to be able to get her a grom or Gorgon for Christmas. She absolutely loves her ā€œmonserfruckā€ lol as she calls it. Itā€™s just too much power for her to drive.

That should be made into a bumper sticker!

That should be made into a bumper sticker!
LMAO thatā€™s a great idea. Just have to add that photo. Lol Iā€™m gonna do whatever it takes to make sure I get her a grom or Gorgon by Christmas. She drove one of my friends who has a Gorgon and she could drive that bad boy no problem. Itā€™s so much fun enjoying the one hobby I have with her.

MONSERFRUCKKKKK

IMG_8205.jpeg

LMAO thatā€™s a great idea. Just have to add that photo. Lol Iā€™m gonna do whatever it takes to make sure I get her a grom or Gorgon by Christmas. She drove one of my friends who has a Gorgon and she could drive that bad boy no problem. Itā€™s so much fun enjoying the one hobby I have with her.

MONSERFRUCKKKKK

View attachment 329910

Good memories are being made right there!
Future RC-er in the making. šŸ¤˜

I bought the Grom and like many other obviously had to make a change! I had this blx185 and a 540 motor laying around and thought hey! This might work with effort. Sure enough I had to make a lot of changes but I am running a 5800kv motor on 3s and wowza it's a monster. The motor shaft is a 3.17 and I had 48p gears for that in my pile and it seemed to mesh pretty good and I have been running it and so far so good. I had to modify the motor mount a lot, cut the whole center brace out, and cut open the rear cover to allow the pinion to stick up. It's currently running a 32 pinion! The esc is obviously huge for this but it didn't have a home so here it went. My wiring is a crap show so don't hate me on that.

Im still in the process of trying to make it handle under the power because it's a squirly as hell. I just put earplugs in the diffs so we will see what that does. My other big annoyance is the slop in the steering. Trying to figure out something to help that. Might be time for a good servo as well. Anyways here it is and yes the body still fits šŸ˜
View attachment 329148View attachment 329149View attachment 329150View attachment 329151View attachment 329152View attachment 329153
Oh my God. That thing needs a name like the penguin. Makes me think of Danny DeVitoā€™s role in Batman. Such an angry little fellow LMAO. I canā€™t even imagine how that little guy runs. Could you upload a video possibly? Me and my little girl would love watching. Iā€™m surprised the ESC could even fit lol.

I would be surprised if he's ever seen his Grom ever again after the first drive. Probably still out there in space spinning about.
It just folded into oblivion the moment I hit the throttle.
Oh my God. That thing needs a name like the penguin. Makes me think of Danny DeVitoā€™s role in Batman. Such an angry little fellow LMAO. I canā€™t even imagine how that little guy runs. Could you upload a video possibly? Me and my little girl would love watching. Iā€™m surprised the ESC could even fit lol.
Penguin lolol that's really random and hilarious. I will try to take a video once I get it running correctly. Hopefully I can soon. The esc just barely fits and no way it'll fit with a fan but it also hasn't got anywhere near hot so that's not need. I actually mounted my receiver on the top of the esc lol

It just folded into oblivion the moment I hit the throttle.

Penguin lolol that's really random and hilarious. I will try to take a video once I get it running correctly. Hopefully I can soon. The esc just barely fits and no way it'll fit with a fan but it also hasn't got anywhere near hot so that's not need. I actually mounted my receiver on the top of the esc lol
Yeah lol I donā€™t even know where that came from. Penguin Danny DeVito lol. Iā€™d love to see some video of that bad boy. I canā€™t imagine that motor really getting hot anyway itā€™s not like itā€™s pushing any weight.

Update please. It's a monster, and I love monsters.

I believe it was a little Too Spicy to handle..

He had to let it go... If I'm not mistaken.

Back