Granite Brand new Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi guys I just got my 4wd 3's BLX Granite today after owning a couple of Stampedes. I am really impressed by the quality and how much you get for the price. I took advantage of a 10% off special and got it for $270. Still amazed it comes with a esc fan and motor heatsink, back bumper and wheelie bar. That's like an additional $50 I spent on my other trucks lol. Anyways I got two important questions that I would appreciate your help with. One is how do I use my battery with this trucks plug? I have a gensacearespammers 2s lipo with the deans plug and the Granite has something completely different. I bought a banana to deans male adapter but the plugs are too big and don't go into the Granite plug. What exactly is it called that I need to use my battery? My truck is just sitting here waiting to burn rubber. My second question is are the wheel locknuts glued with thread locker? I tried to unscrew them using my wrench but there is no movement whatsoever no matter how much pressure I apply. Perhaps ARRMA does things different than TRAXXAS in locking certain things before shipping them off? Really need help here, thanks in advance.

Hi guys I just got my 4wd 3's BLX Granite today after owning a couple of Stampedes. I am really impressed by the quality and how much you get for the price. I took advantage of a 10% off special and got it for $270. Still amazed it comes with a esc fan and motor heatsink, back bumper and wheelie bar. That's like an additional $50 I spent on my other trucks lol. Anyways I got two important questions that I would appreciate your help with. One is how do I use my battery with this trucks plug? I have a gensacearespammers 2s lipo with the deans plug and the Granite has something completely different. I bought a banana to deans male adapter but the plugs are too big and don't go into the Granite plug. What exactly is it called that I need to use my battery? My truck is just sitting here waiting to burn rubber. My second question is are the wheel locknuts glued with thread locker? I tried to unscrew them using my wrench but there is no movement whatsoever no matter how much pressure I apply. Perhaps ARRMA does things different than TRAXXAS in locking certain things before shipping them off? Really need help here, thanks in advance.
Well there are a few options that you have.

Thank you for the suggestions guys. I think I'm understanding it now.

ncmaa0.png

I thought something was supposed to be plugged inside of the holes you see in the picture like two skinny metal plugs that went inside but now I figure that it's the other way around and it's these two guys that are gonna go inside of the adapter right? I see on the OliYin one Jeremy suggested the holes are much bigger. These plugs are so much more different than just regular deans or the Traxxas connectors it's very confusing for someone new to the hobby like me.

I give up on the tires. I can't for the life of me remove the wheel nuts, and I'm no weakling by the way but these things seriously seem to be super-glued together. With my two Stampedes it just gave them a little nudge to the left and they came loose. Unless Arrma is different and I'm supposed to go right these?

You can try and put a little heat to em, maybe soldering iron for a little bit? If you're anything like me you'll over do it and melt the surrounding plastic though. Could try spraying them with some oil and let them sit for a bit too.

Thanks for the tip. I thought about using heat but I don't want to ruin a brand new truck right away. I may just run the truck with these tires. I was going to use a set of used Proline Mashers that I had and keep these in brand new condition. Maybe running the truck will loosen the wheel nuts?

Thanks for the tip. I thought about using heat but I don't want to ruin a brand new truck right away. I may just run the truck with these tires. I was going to use a set of used Proline Mashers that I had and keep these in brand new condition. Maybe running the truck will loosen the wheel nuts?
That only happens when you don't want it to! I would still put a little oil on it so it can start to get in there. Even some wd40 might be enough to get it loose. It seems to break down glues and adhesives.

For this I would just use wd40 since it's pretty harmless. If it was rusty, then some penetrating oil.

I remember trying to remove the wheels on my Outcast. I swear they used an impact gun to tighten down the nuts, then once those were off trying to get the wheels off the hubs was a major pain in the you know what. I literally had to stand on one tire while I pulled up on the other one. Once I got them off I hit up the hole with my body hole reamer.

I tried the wd40 and let it sit for half and hour and still no budge. I thought this truck was supposed to be the easiest ever to work on lol. That's what I hated about my last truck that I had to almost wreck some stuff on it in order to repair other parts of it. I think I might have to buy a special screwdriver for it because the little metal tool that I'm using from another rc truck is too small for me to get a good grip.

They use actual ratcheting wrenches to tighten the wheel nuts. I don't bother with anything else, especially on the 1/8s. There's no way those nuts are coming off with the included hardware.

Yeah the plastic included tool is no good. They just strip out. I use the (small) metal t-handles that comes with the 1/8's or Traxxas trucks. I'll grip the end with pliers to turn it and no problem coming off! On your ESC, I'd just change it to a deans to match your batteries. Your Local Hobby shop could do it or if your good with soldering, just cut off the old one and solder on deans. :cool:

Yeah the plastic included tool is no good. They just strip out. I use the (small) metal t-handles that comes with the 1/8's or Traxxas trucks. I'll grip the end with pliers to turn it and no problem coming off! On your ESC, I'd just change it to a deans to match your batteries. Your Local Hobby shop could do it or if your good with soldering, just cut off the old one and solder on deans. :cool:

That's a good idea using pliers. I'll give that a try first since I already have the small metal tool that came with the Traxxas. That plastic tool is just ridiculous. As for the connector I just got some adaptors from Amazon yesterday and they fit perfectly, even tried the battery and turned on my truck for the first time.

SOWTECH Cordless Vacuum 6 in 1... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQ4XPQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
I picked these up a while back, and I have no complaints. I haven't run into anything that's needs a ratchet yet tho.

I put those screwdrivers in my shopping cart. If the wrench method doesn't work I'll be ordering these thanks. What does the SOWTECH Cordless Vacuum have to do with this though?

What does the SOWTECH Cordless Vacuum have to do with this though?
I have no idea. I clicked on the "share" button on Amazon and then chose "copy". Came here and pasted. I guess I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to these fancy computing machines...

I got those Dynamite nut drivers recently and they work well for me. When I tighten the wheel nuts with a ratchet though, I can't use those nut drivers to loosen them since I am probably over tightening more than I realize. That might be the case with the stock factory nuts when the trucks are assembled.

I got those Dynamite nut drivers recently and they work well for me. When I tighten the wheel nuts with a ratchet though, I can't use those nut drivers to loosen them since I am probably over tightening more than I realize. That might be the case with the stock factory nuts when the trucks are assembled.
I try to use a little blue thread lock so I don't have to crank them that tight. Then I don't need to carry a ratchet with me, and I don't have to worry about snapping anything off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back