Kraton 2nd bash with a brand new K4S v2.5! My heart is bleeding :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Good evening!

Welp, I tried to be careful. But alas.
The car was doing a lot of km/h, my face had a silly smile and hands were chilly (around +2C here in Estonia). Next thing I remember - Kraton is roughly 50-60m away from me, I am doing a left turn and BAM! The car spins and I see its right front lifelessly lying on the ground. I take my finger off the throttle and realize I'll have to discharge almost two full 6600mah batteries this evening.

*Sigh*

I KNEW that a steel post was there, but miscalculated the distance between it and the Kraton. And its speed.

So far it looks like I need:
- New body ( :cry: just its second bash... RIP, dear). I wonder why bodies are not modular?
- Aluminum suspension mount
- Hinge pin
- Front suspension arm
- Shock cap
- Front skidplate

Need to test:
- Front shock. Hopefully the rod is not bent (upd: is OK)
- Servo. Hopefully alive (upd: is OK)

Maybe other hidden damage I have not discovered yet (upd: rest seems to be OK)

Anyway. Lick clean the wounds, charge the batteries and off to a new bash. Soon, hopefully :)

20240227_184313.jpg

20240227_215139.jpg

20240227_215414.jpg

20240227_215504.jpg

20240227_215601.jpg

20240227_215629.jpg

20240227_215752.jpg

20240227_215951.jpg

Last edited:
Those damn steel poles. Always in the way. I hit a soccer goal post with one of my JLB Cheetahs once. It came back across the field with the wheel flapping from side to side. Bummer. But, a few new parts later, and it was back out there again. Such is life in the fast lane...

Those damn steel poles. Always in the way. I hit a soccer goal post with one of my JLB Cheetahs once. It came back across the field with the wheel flapping from side to side. Bummer. But, a few new parts later, and it was back out there again. Such is life in the fast lane...
Amen =)

Good evening!

Welp, I tried to be careful. But alas.
The car was doing a lot of km/h, my face had a silly smile and hands were chilly (around +2C here in Estonia). Next thing I remember - Kraton is roughly 50-60m away from me, I am doing a left turn and BAM! The car spins and I see its right front lifelessly lying on the ground. I take my finger off the throttle and realize I'll have to discharge almost two full 6600mah batteries this evening.

*Sigh*

I KNEW that a steel post was there, but miscalculated the distance between it and the Kraton. And its speed.

So far it looks like I need:
- New body ( :cry: just its second bash... RIP, dear). I wonder why bodies are not modular?
- Aluminum suspension mount
- Hinge pin
- Front suspension arm
- Shock cap

Need to test:
- Front shock. Hopefully the rod is not bent.
- Servo. Hopefully alive.

Maybe other hidden damage I have not discovered yet.

Anyway. Lick clean the wounds, charge the batteries and off to a new bash. Soon, hopefully :)

View attachment 351232
View attachment 351233
View attachment 351234
View attachment 351235
View attachment 351236
View attachment 351237
View attachment 351238
View attachment 351239

Save those busted Chassis!
Those can be salvaged in the right hands.. 💥👊😉

*sigh*

No party today. The skidplate was also broken, but I did not realize that. Need to order it as well. Ehhhhh, bummer.

Crawler today then.

View attachment 352315

It doesn't look too broken.... I would rebuild and use as is until you get the new one, unless there is something I am not seeing.

@Saladshooter Ehh, I don't want risking a torn-out pin again :( The way it is now - looks fragile. I found a skid plate locally, so hopefully all will be in order tomorrow :)

I understand and just trying to help. 60 degrees Fahrenheit here and sunny today.... rain the rest of the week so I wouldn't want to miss out on a day of driving.

If all screws are still intact I don't think it's in any more danger of a pin tearing out than with a new skid plate.... but with only one day to wait it's not a big deal.

Back