Kraton 2nd bash with a brand new K4S v2.5! My heart is bleeding :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebuilt and tested today. Felt good :)

20240304_153140_remastered.jpg

20240304_160414_remastered.jpg

Well. Didn't last long 🥲 I swear, didn't do anything special.

View attachment 352864

It needed More wall count, Less infill!
Something like-
Walls = 5
Infill = 0%

Also his infills Didn't have good bonds with the walls.
20240306_181145~2.jpg

You can tell by the way the surface skin "peeled" off the infills.

@Tex Koder Sir, I have absolutely zero knowledge about 3D printing, so could not tell him what's needed. I said - Make It Tough. He tried 😀

So, I am thinking of ordering the same detail, but from TPU. I was told here on the forum that this is the way to go. What print settings are best for it, could you give an advice? I'll be ordering from a 3D print store locally. My friend does not have experience with TPU printing.

Thanks!

@Tex Koder Sir, I have absolutely zero knowledge about 3D printing, so could not tell him what's needed. I said - Make It Tough. He tried 😀

So, I am thinking of ordering the same detail, but from TPU. I was told here on the forum that this is the way to go. What print settings are best for it, could you give an advice? I'll be ordering from a 3D print store locally. My friend does not have experience with TPU printing.

Thanks!

TPU
Good stuff.
💥👍

Going to the not rounded off hinge pins was a good choice. Also, the red hinge pin holder is junk. You need to find an aftermarket one that’s thicker and made out of better aluminum otherwise it will pull through again..

Nice! Need to remember which of my friends work with metal 🙂

Another bash survived today :D Thought I can clean the car with a brush a bit before throwing it to the trunk. But it's just all dirty ice 🤪

20240307_161305.jpg

20240307_162339.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it looks like you had a lot of fun. One of the things I do is I take a large garbage bag with me and at the end of my run when my car looks like yours I just throw it in the garbage bag. So It doesn’t get all over the inside of my Tahoe.

Back