Kraton 2nd bash with a brand new K4S v2.5! My heart is bleeding :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tex Koder @Gedrick
Guys, I've made more photos. Can you decipher any more info out of those? I am an absolute zero in 3D printing related stuff. Can it really be something other than TPU? Or, perhaps, it was printed using wrong technique? I asked to print from TPU with 100% infill. The cost was around 40eur. Which is rather high, but I was expecting the wing to last for a long time.

I am no extreme basher. New to the RC. The wing survived for maybe 30 packs or so. The last few bashes were rough, as I tried to learn jumping. Yes, the car was crashing and landing badly from time to time. On grass. Not at extreme speeds for sure. Height maybe 1m max or so, as I am just learning. The rest of the parts are fine (except for the plastic pivot balls, they are an absolute joke, lol).

Could temperature affect the wing rigidity? We are in a +4... +10C (39.2-50F) area these days.

Thank you!

1713473829534.jpeg

1713473842486.jpeg

1713473860687.jpeg

1713473876688.jpeg

1713473890933.jpeg

1713473907998.jpeg

1713473923793.jpeg

1713473933612.jpeg

I'm still going with not TPU, those fractures simply can't happen unless you took a sawzall to it.. can you bend the wing completely in half without it snapping? If so, that's TPU. Otherwise it's something else.

Wow.. ok.. yes that definitely looks like TPU now.. :confused: Well color me shocked, that's very surprising.. Now I'm wondering what was the crash that caused that!

@Gedrick Well, there is a small grass bump that I use as a springboard. The car would fly around 3-4m depending on the speed (I don't think I am going even half of the max speed). Maybe 1m in height. Then it may crash into grass/soil if I am not controlling it properly. It did crash rather heavily on the wing a few times, that I don't deny :)

When I was just surface bashing with occasional flips - the wing was fine.

@Tex Koder @Gedrick
Guys, I've made more photos. Can you decipher any more info out of those? I am an absolute zero in 3D printing related stuff. Can it really be something other than TPU? Or, perhaps, it was printed using wrong technique? I asked to print from TPU with 100% infill. The cost was around 40eur. Which is rather high, but I was expecting the wing to last for a long time.

I am no extreme basher. New to the RC. The wing survived for maybe 30 packs or so. The last few bashes were rough, as I tried to learn jumping. Yes, the car was crashing and landing badly from time to time. On grass. Not at extreme speeds for sure. Height maybe 1m max or so, as I am just learning. The rest of the parts are fine (except for the plastic pivot balls, they are an absolute joke, lol).

Okay.
That's very cold temperatures! (Especially for thin extruded plastics/filaments)

TPU could behave differently.. like a more solid plastic and possibly shatter like that.

We should have asked what weather temps you were bashing in.

You can re-test that TPU wing once it's froze a bit in cold temperature and do the bending test.
I bet it would break.

Back