Brand new grp on road tires there's a belt sticking out of the side of it is this normal wear or should I be concerned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Guy 386

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I just purchased these grp wheels and tires about a month ago and I haven't even had them on long enough to run a full pack through and I noticed this cord sticking out of the side of the tire is this normal wear for grp because I am new to owning them and was just curious or is this may be a possible defect and it could potentially blowout and have catastrophic damage to my RC?

Attachments

• 20200501_151710.jpg
    20200501_151710.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 74
Not normal as far as I'm concerned, ..at least I've not seen that on my GRP's before, new or used ones.

Edit: Just to add I've no idea whether it would cause you any problems. Personally if you can get it/them replaced then I would just to be safe.

It looks like you lost a chunk or maybe you got some camber issues because the wear is on the very outside corner of the side wall. GRP has like 6 different hardness levels of tires so if you run too soft of a tire in warmer kind of climates they are going to wear pretty fast. If after a couple runs and you see more wear on the outer wall like that vs. the inner wall you could try adding some negative camber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back