Infraction Brand New Infraction Leaking Diff!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Warranty! Warranty! Warranty! I am outraged!
20190731_130623.jpg

? I fixed it in the shop. One of the diff cup screws was a little loose. Not much fluid was left in the cup. If it leaks again I'll call HH and ask for a new cup and gasket. It's all good ???

When I saw the thread title, I rolled my eyes. Then I saw you posted it, and opened the thread expecting to see the aftermath of +80mph and a curb.

Your killing me Smalls!
I doubt I'll run it today. I want to do the bearings and check the other 2 diffs. It looks like the center leaked again which is a bummer.
20190731_143815.jpg

I doubt I'll run it today. I want to do the bearings and check the other 2 diffs. It looks like the center leaked again which is a bummer.
View attachment 44307
Don't be surprised to find the ring gear on the right side instead of the traditional left side on the Infraction front and rear diffs. The chassis is made for them to go in both ways instead of just the left like normal

View attachment 44307

DUDE !

Please Email Horizon-H about this.

They must have som stress issues at the Factory.
This must be Controlled Now !
Tell Horizon Boss Call Factory and tell them to have better Quality Controll.
Some must Check all Diffs.
Or Change one- two guys who work with Diffs out there very fast.

I have self had atleast 50 different RTR cars, alot different brands.
Also before i had MANY RC friends, they have totally about 50 RTR cars too.
In my life i have seen about 100 RTR cars atleast.
NO ONE have ever had Leaking issues. NEVER .

This is First time i hear this.

This is fast car also, and not 100us car, this is 500dollar + car.
This must work Perfect.
Leaking Diffs in this kind of Car is Pure Joke. If you ask me.

Email Horizon Boss right now Please.
This is a Shame

I left my number for Horizon but I found the issue.

20190731_164634.jpg

There was a small piece of an old gasket underneath the full gasket. I had to scrape it off the gear cover. While it might look like it pulled off the full gasket, it didn't. So in that one spot it was twice as thick as the rest of the gasket. When HH call back im gli g to ask for gaskets and o-rings. I think that's fair.
Don't be surprised to find the ring gear on the right side instead of the traditional left side on the Infraction front and rear diffs. The chassis is made for them to go in both ways instead of just the left like normal
Front diff
20190731_170018.jpg

Last edited:
Not a great start from Arrma on this one, looks a bit like a Friday build...???

Rushing to meet demand around the world..?

Beautiful truck. Enjoy it. Looking for videos from you.
Interesting. Wonder why they did that, guessing to support motor going both ways. But wouldn’t it be easier just flip the motor direction on the ESC?

Interesting. Wonder why they did that, guessing to support motor going both ways. But wouldn’t it be easier just flip the motor direction on the ESC?
The most rational explanation would be that when they were designing the new chassis, it was so very simple to just double the traditional width of the recess that the crown gear needs for clearance, thereby making the vehicle more versatile in that it gives the user the option to spin the drivetrain in either direction. It also gives the noob owner the ability to inadvertently install one of the crown gears on the wrong side, which could potentially melt the center diff by trying to spin the front and rear wheels in opposite directions. That, or it just spins itself in a stationary circle if the viscosity in the diff allows for enough lateral slip. I'm gonna go ahead and call it..... there will be a thread on the forum about it sooner or later where someone is scratching their head at why the wheels are now spinning in opposing directions.
Now, moving to slightly less rational territory with pure speculation...perhaps, there's a bigger/beefier gear on a future model sharing the same chassis that actually needs the additional width in the recess. Like, I don't know, Mod 1.5 crown gears ?
IMG_0994.jpg

The most rational explanation would be that
Now, moving to slightly less rational territory with pure speculation...perhaps, there's a bigger/beefier gear on a future model sharing the same chassis that actually needs the additional width in the recess. Like, I don't know, Mod 1.5 crown gears ?
View attachment 44346
Here is where I am surprised we have not seen the Nero diffs. They were huge. M1.5 maybe? Bulletproof on 8s. Arrma could make a run of them with standard diff cups and have a rig with zero diff worries, ever.

I might wrong but I do not believe it is possible to change the motor rotation in the BLX185 esc. So since the motor is on the opposite side of the car facing the opposite direction it now spins the center diff in the opposite direction. So the front and rear diffs now need to spin in the opposite direction in order for the car to drive in the correct direction.

I might wrong but I do not believe it is possible to change the motor rotation in the BLX185 esc. So since the motor is on the opposite side of the car facing the opposite direction it now spins the center diff in the opposite direction. So the front and rear diffs now need to spin in the opposite direction in order for the car to drive in the correct direction.
Interesting, so I checked and It is possible. It is variable 5.

Last edited:
Arrma what wrong with you?! Outraged I am. Rotation backwards wrong I speak? Email headquarters must be done possible soon?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back