Outcast Brand New Outcast 4s V2 Plastic Input Gear?! Supposed to be steel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
New to rc hobby. Got the new outcast with updated parts. Thing is...they put a plastic input gear in the rear diff. Not good enough to bash yet so all I've done is just play around in the back yard in scalped grass/dirt. Ran in at 75% throttle for 14 minutes. Switched to 100% throttle and instantly heard gears slipping/stripping. Turned it off and tried researching the slipper clutch. But as soon as I started looking closely I noticed the rear diff cogging and acting stripped. Took it apart and found a stripped plastic input gear..WTF!?

Appreciate any advice or suggestions cause like I said I'm new. Grew up working on cars so not a complete moron.

IMG-2377.jpg

IMG-2376.jpg

IMG-2375.jpg

IMG-2374.jpg

New to rc hobby. Got the new outcast with updated parts. Thing is...they put a plastic input gear in the rear diff. Not good enough to bash yet so all I've done is just play around in the back yard in scalped grass/dirt. Ran in at 75% throttle for 14 minutes. Switched to 100% throttle and instantly heard gears slipping/stripping. Turned it off and tried researching the slipper clutch. But as soon as I started looking closely I noticed the rear diff cogging and acting stripped. Took it apart and found a stripped plastic input gear..WTF!?

Appreciate any advice or suggestions cause like I said I'm new. Grew up working on cars so not a complete moron.

View attachment 237089

View attachment 237090

View attachment 237091

View attachment 237092
That’s crazy!

Outcast v2 supposed to have metal input gears.

Get a hold of Horizon hobby and tell them your problem.

Also, Welcome to AF!

Absolutely wild.. somebody on the assembly line screwed up ..🤦...

Definitely get ahold of horizon and send them those pictures..👍
Welcome to the forum by the way..✌️

That’s crazy!

Outcast v2 supposed to have metal input gears.

Get a hold of Horizon hobby and tell them your problem.

Also, Welcome to AF!
Thanks!

What in the blazes. Yeah I would contact Horizon like @Rob66 mentioned.

I see from the picture you have another plastic one laying there, I am safe to assume that both are plastic? Or is that the same one from the rear?

Absolutely wild.. somebody on the assembly line screwed up ..🤦...

Definitely get ahold of horizon and send them those pictures..👍
Welcome to the forum by the way..✌️
Thanks! 👊

Ah yeah, you got metal ring gear on the diff, definitely have V2 parts there.

No offense, but you need to show me a pic of the rest of the car before I declare that Horizon screwed up.
Uh...the fact that they are advertising all new steel gears isn't enough?

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 10.17.11 PM.png

Sorry, I thought since you were new to the hobby and didn't show any other part of the car, there was a chance you bought a V1 thinking it was a V2. But you got a metal ring gear there, so unless something else is weird, you should have a V2.

Uh...the fact that they are advertising all new steel gears isn't enough?

View attachment 237096

Unfortunately the qc on arrma is a little under par.. I'm sure several trucks went out like that..

Really crappy it was something like this that will leave poor folks like you without a rig right out of the gate..

Did you purchase direct from horizon?.. hobby shop?

Unfortunately the qc on arrma is a little under par.. I'm sure several trucks went out like that..

Really crappy it was something like this that will leave poor folks like you without a rig right out of the gate..

Did you purchase direct from horizon?.. hobby shop?
Horizon.
Sorry, I thought since you were new to the hobby and didn't show any other part of the car, there was a chance you bought a V1 thinking it was a V2. But you got a metal ring gear there, so unless something else is weird, you should have a V2.
It's all good. It literally has a pic of the steel gears on the side of my box. lol

Gotcha, yeah, so definitely going direct through them..

Make the claim and see what they say.. hopefully they have the parts on hand.. let us know for sure..👍

Gotcha, yeah, so definitely going direct through them..

Make the claim and see what they say.. hopefully they have the parts on hand.. let us know for sure..👍
Already made a claim. Waiting game..again. Thanks, I will.

Now to see if this is an isolated incident or someone screwed up a whole batch….

I'm thinking a batch... Also, never know, could be possible that they didn't have enough steel inputs on hand to assemble the pre orders...
Already made a claim. Waiting game..again. Thanks, I will.

I'll tell ya what.. if they give some backorder run around hoopla, I'm sure you could persuade them to refund the amount the gear set cost's and you could get it on eBay..

If all else fails, I'll send you one to get you rolling...👍

I'm thinking a batch... Also, never know, could be possible that they didn't have enough steel inputs on hand to assemble the pre orders...

I'll tell ya what.. if they give some backorder run around hoopla, I'm sure you could persuade them to refund the amount the gear set cost's and you could get it on eBay..

If all else fails, I'll send you one to get you rolling...👍
Nice! Hell yeh man. thnx. 👊
(y)

Nice! Hell yeh man. thnx. 👊
(y)

Forgot to mention, it may be best to pull the front diff apart and make sure the input is steel up there.. sucks you have to do it, but this is the time...👍

Forgot to mention, it may be best to pull the front diff apart and make sure the input is steel up there.. sucks you have to do it, but this is the time...👍
I was gonna ask them when they reply to my claim if they should/could send me both. But you’re right I probably will make sure for myself.

Yeah, Ted/Jenny is probably the only person that has purchased a bunch and taken them apart so he’d probably have a better sampling that most others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back