Broken ESC wire. Fixable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its fixable just need 3 tubes of shrink tape solder both ends and put the third one over the solder and heat it

It wont if its not soldered
agree, I would solder it. I would then heat shrink it, so make sure to place the tube before soldering.

This is the other side with the wire cover off. How the hell? Both sides are secure. The wire just completely came apart. I use plenty of slack while driving.
View attachment 93618

Mmm, it seems really badly torn up close to he PCB too. In this case, i would remove the top cover, cut a little bit what left from the PCB, i would let arround 1cm of wire, and solder a new wire, by taking care that the new wire and solder can go through the cover hole. Solder as close from the PCB isn't worst than when we solder on brass posts.

Once it is done and the ESC back in the car, i would take care that this wire doesn't move. With the soldering, the wire will be more stiff and more "brittle" if the wire move too much.

I'd Jenny's a new one if it were me. They're cheap enough. Better yet, get the BLX120.

I'd Jenny's a new one if it were me. They're cheap enough. Better yet, get the BLX120.
Tried already. Unfortunately Jenny's doesn't have any in stock, 100 or 120. The BLX120 is not in stock anywhere. Hopefully Horizon Hobby will provide a warranty replacement (I asked for a 120), I have a BLX100 on order as well. In the meantime, it is running after braiding them together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back