ESC/Receiver unit burnt out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got ya. Has the Jumper.(y)
So 2s lipos are ok.
They will run longer and "stronger" than Nimpacks. Nimpacks tend to drop in voltage quicker early on . Whereas Lipos will keep the voltage level for most of the packs duration until LVC shuts the ESC off. The Jumper just makes the ESC monitor the lipo packs voltage and shuts off the ESC at a safe voltage point. Periodic cool downs for the Motor and ESC is important because they will be running at full power for longer, and a good motor and ESC fan setup may be in order while you are at it. Good to have a temp gun on hand when out bashing. Keeping the ESC and Motor no higher than 140F-150F. Hotter climates makes these hotter, no doubt. Govern yourself accordingly.:cool:

Last edited:
Correct, there is jumper for setting. Not sure how is it about plug-in to engine (different shape).

View attachment 315469
Don't do it bro..

images.jpeg

BTW how to replace stupid IC3 connector on ESC for 2S Li-Po battery, please? This connector is very similar with EC3 or XT60 but there is stupid third wire in the middle. I have not found any plug from IC3 to T-dean.

Thank you for advice!

Correct, there is jumper for setting. Not sure how is it about plug-in to engine (different shape).

View attachment 315469
Try and put a fan on the esc it will last longer, your motor will have half the life from a lipo. I went through this with my son's mega 4x4. His esc never went bad with a fan,had one on from the start and all we ran were lipos. Same 5200mAh 7.4 50c,much faster!!!

2S battery is not suitable with brushless engine?
2S is fine with Brushed motors. And that 2 in 1 ESC is supposed to handle it, when you flip the jumper to Lipo mode.
May want to consider a BLX setup however. As Others have stated. That ESC is not all that to be honest. They are known to fail sooner than later. Like yours did.
But If HH gets you one for free, then keep it. HH will keep sending you a free one for 2 years if you have a valid receipt. I think it is just a nuisance however.
>>>I would NOT bother buying another one however. Waste of coin. Just me.
Try and put a fan on the esc it will last longer, your motor will have half the life from a lipo. I went through this with my son's mega 4x4. His esc never went bad with a fan,had one on from the start and all we ran were lipos. Same 5200mAh 7.4 50c,much faster!!!
Good advice.
A fan can absolutely be mounted to that 2 in 1 ESC. (y)
It should possibly last longer as a result.:unsure:

Last edited:
How about IC3 plug on original ESC when I will buy 2S Li-Po (XT60 or T-dean)? Can I replace IC3 for another plug? There is third wire. I would like to leave this weird plug with trash NiMh because of better charger (SkyRC).

IMG_20230806_193917.jpg

How about IC3 plug on original ESC when I will buy 2S Li-Po (XT60 or T-dean)? Can I replace IC3 for another plug? There is third wire. I would like to leave this weird plug with trash NiMh because of better charger (SkyRC).

View attachment 315716
Way better plug than an xt60 or deans!! 🤣
It's just a signal wire for telemetry

View attachment 315716
Look up pre-made adapter. Or just switch to ec5 connectors. If your not running spectrum Smart Lipos you can just roll up and tape and let hang the thin 3rd wire.

Thank you for tips and clarification!

It seemed that the plug fits, but I wasn't sure by thin 3rd wire function 😊. I am going to order EC5 adapter.

Last edited:
EC3 connector is related with different voltage in most of cases. I am going to visit local RC shop with upgrade advice. The 8,4V battery is starter bullshit....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back