ESC/Receiver unit burnt out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piczus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello Arrma folks,
I am new owner of Arrma Senton 4x2 and also very disappointed because car burnt out after 2 days using. Senton ran on way on 75% speed and suddenly was out of control. Then it stopped to move and burnt. Probably electrical issue. ESC & receiver unit is dead. I am going to solve claim with seller but I would like to ask you if it will make sense to upgrade the unit/car in parallel. Thank you for any advice.
IMG_20230804_114457.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Arrma folks,
I am new owner of Arrma Senton 4x2 and also very disappointed because car burnt out after 2 days using. Senton ran on way on 75% speed and suddenly was out of control. Then it stopped to move and burnt. Probably electrical issue. ESC & receiver unit is dead. I am going to solve claim with seller but I would like to ask you if it will make sense to upgrade the unit/car in parallel. Thank you for any advice.
View attachment 315239
Yo, where did you get that esc.. I'd push for one a tad bigger!! đź«Ł

That's all for full upgrade to 4x4 brushless? How about battery, can I use original one (8,4v)? Thank you for information and sorry for beginner questions.

View attachment 315252

I think you also need a SLT receiver iirc and it would be a good idea to upgrade the motor module, motor mount and slipper to the brushless ones that are also available from Jenny's Rc. You can use the stock battery but you would need to change the esc to nimh mode and it won't be that fast.

Yea that battery won't work. I thought you were running a lipo. Sorry
It will work but like I said it will be really slow. With a 6 cell nimh the Senton 3s might have hit 20 mph going down a hill.

That's all for full upgrade to 4x4 brushless? How about battery, can I use original one (8,4v)? Thank you for information and sorry for beginner questions.

View attachment 315252
I would not use Nim packs anymore. Not realistic or practical. $Upgrading$ to BLX (Brushless motor) is best with lipo packs and the required Lipo charger. Is what it is.
If under the 2 year Arrma warranty with receipt in hand, HH will replace all the fried "Brushed Motor" Mega parts for you for free.. One possible option? IDK
You said you only run 75% power with that slower OE Brushed setup. . Maybe a BLX powerplant will be too much for you at this point?

Last edited:
^^^ That crappy Brushed Spektrum ESC is just going to fry again. A waste of coin at $45.00 retail. These Brushed Proprietary ESC's are a known issue for many. And it's only 40 amps.
Now if you get one "for free" from HH under warranty, that's a different story.
JennysRc doesn't sell them anymore last I checked.
JennysRC stopped buying and kit- breaking any of the Mega line.....Have to wonder why??? Mega line Not a big JennysRC seller I guess? Most will upgrade to 3s/4s 4x4 parts anyway.

Last edited:
^^^ That crappy Brushed Spektrum ESC is just going to fry again. A waste of coin at $45.00 retail. These Brushed Proprietary ESC's are a known issue for many. And it's only 40 amps.
Now if you get one "for free" from HH under warranty, that's a different story.
JennysRc doesn't sell them anymore last I checked.
JennysRC stopped buying and kit- breaking any of the Mega line.....Have to wonder why??? Mega line Not a big JennysRC seller I guess? Most will upgrade to 3s/4s 4x4 parts anyway.
I don't remember Jennys ever breaking the Megas I must have missed that.

Last edited:
The lipo capacity in Mah has nothing to do with it.
A 2s lipo will work, and Only if the ESC has an LVC setting for Lipos!!!
If not, the ESC will not protect and shut down when the Lipo has gone below its operating voltage threshold. The main difference between running Lipos versus Nim Packs. Nims are allowed to completely run down. Lipos not. Or they get ruined below a certain voltage.
Think of Battery Capacity as the gas tank in your car. The bigger the tank the more gas you have the more you can drive. That's all. Voltage is pretty much the same, Lipo or Nim packs. Nimpacks voltage just falls off much quicker.

Hello Arrma folks,
View attachment 315239
This will happen again if you just replace the ESC. They are a great starter truck and is what got me back into RC. I think you will spend more money on repairs in the future vs switching to brushless now.

The lipo capacity in Mah has nothing to do with it.
A 2s lipo will work, and Only if the ESC has an LVC setting for Lipos!!!
If not, the ESC will not protect and shut down when the Lipo has gone below its operating voltage threshold. The main difference between running Lipos versus Nim Packs. Nims are allowed to completely run down. Lipos not. Or they get ruined below a certain voltage.
Think of Battery Capacity as the gas tank in your car. The bigger the tank the more gas you have the more you can drive. That's all. Voltage is pretty much the same, Lipo or Nim packs. Nimpacks voltage just falls off much quicker.
Correct, there is jumper for setting. Not sure how is it about plug-in to engine (different shape).

IMG_20230804_112647.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back