Mojave Calling Arrma - We really need/want something like this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a 1/5 Mojave would be kind of pointless in its current form. A lot of people characterize it as a “desert” truck, but it isn’t at all. Maybe in looks alone, but this is just a 1/7 scale SCT. This thread is about Arrma making a desert buggy/desert truck platform and that can’t be done without a solid rear axle. Yes, I know Arrma doesn’t do that…yet. And a 1/5 Mojave just couldn’t compete with what Losi is doing right now, or even with the UDR for that matter, especially at the price point they’d have to sell it at. But the 1/5 market is growing. Yes, they’re expensive trucks for a smaller niche but it could be an opportunity to dominate a growing field. There are teething problems with any new design, but that’s why I said “cost no object” with regards to its production. IMO, it would have to be a very expensive truck with top shelf components. All billet suspension links with a Vitavon solid rear axle and a nice thick aluminum subframe? Sign me up. I doubt HH would even consider any of this though to have Arrma make one to compete with their other (already dominant in 1/5 scale) brands. Like you said, a pipe dream. But a fun hypothetical to consider!
There is much more 1/5 competition out there than meets the eye. It is a niche surface RC segment, always has been. Not mainstream.
You would need to spend $3k + for something you are describing.:unsure:

There is much more 1/5 competition out there than meets the eye. It is a niche surface RC segment, always has been. Not mainstream.
I think we all know it but dream about it. I know I dream about it daily. hahaha
I think we all know it but dream about it. I know I dream about it daily. hahaha
even the 1/5 gassers have brushless conversion kit now.

Because on this side of the pond we can’t really source parts for anything you just mentioned save for Losi unless you take your chances with the AliExpress stuff and wait a month or more to see if it fits and it isn’t total junk. There is no competition for those brands here because very few people buy them. You could take this approach and do an IRS 1/5 platform, but who would buy it at that price point when you could simply buy the far superior solid axle desert setup from Losi or even Traxxas? (Axial is just a crawler or a “rock racer” and is a very different conversation.) It would just be a bigger, overpriced basher that could in no way compete with the performance of a solid rear axle desert truck or buggy. The current Losi platform would give a 1/5 Mojave with IRS a proper spanking and would run circles around it in the harsh conditions the Losi shines in. If Arrma did it, it would have to be the real deal and they would have to build it tough! And fast.
This is the issue I have with my FS Racing Marauder. Every single store that sells the parts and ships to the US just has a generic list of parts for every single FS Racing vehicle none of the parts are specific to the Marauder, I quite literally have a bag full of wrong parts for that car................I don't have a manual and there isn't a manual available online so I have no idea what any of the part numbers are or what parts I actually need. The platform that that car is based off of has 3 different lengths, 2 different widths and a version 2 that had an entirely different chassis and motor mount setup.

Buy a Kraken Vekta.5 problem solved.

Last edited:
This is the issue I have with my FS Racing Marauder. Every single store that sells the parts and ships to the US just has a generic list of parts for every single FS Racing vehicle none of the parts are specific to the Marauder, I quite literally have a bag full of wrong parts for that car................I don't have a manual and there isn't a manual available online so I have no idea what any of the part numbers are or what parts I actually need. The platform that that car is based off of has 3 different lengths, 2 different widths and a version 2 that had an entirely different chassis and motor mount setup.
Yea that sounds frustrating af

Yea that sounds frustrating af
The Helion Dominus 10SC shares most of the same parts as the Marauder so I just search for parts for that instead. But I still managed to buy the wrong crap for that too. Apparently there were 2 different diffs for the Dominus 10 TR.

20211028_104801.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, big bucks. But I think Arrma could do it for $2K now that HH already owns all of the R&D from Losi. In an improved platform, focusing on the whole “Arrma Tough” approach. Not that they ever probably will, but it would be cool.

The Helion Dominus 10SC shares most of the same parts as the Marauder so I just search for parts for that instead. But I still managed to buy the wrong crap for that too. Apparently their were 2 different diffs for the Dominus 10 TR.

View attachment 176583
Yeah, I just couldn’t go down that road even though they are very appealing rigs. I break things way too often to have to worry about sourcing parts. The very definition of frustrating.
And I don’t want to jinx myself, but I have yet to break ANYTHING on my Mojave EXB except for the body, and that includes a 57mph get-off with barrel rolls, cartwheels, and a launch over a steep bank that resulted in it smacking a tree while airborne before falling to the forest floor. I think it’s the worst crash I’ve had with any RC ever, and all it did was snap the A-pillar in the right side, tear the left front fender a bit and tear both sides of the rear body worse than it already was. Almost unbelievable. I’m still shocked. If this would have been one of my Traxxas rigs I would have had a parts list many dollars long. If it would have been one of my AE rigs there would have been a funeral. That EXB is so far just supernaturally strong.

Damn that Vekta is ugly imo. I'm not sure what it is about it. The big rear cutout? The tiny tires? Something just isn't quite right.

Damn that Vekta is ugly imo. I'm not sure what it is about it. The big rear cutout? The tiny tires? Something just isn't quite right.
I know what your talking about....but at the same time I find that truck appealing. Probably from the vids of it.

even the 1/5 gassers have brushless conversion kit now.
Yeah BLX and lipo Tech. crosses no boundaries.(y)
Nitro/gassers are pretty much extinct. Little demand. Not for the Greenies these days..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Still have 2 Nitros here. A PIA by comparison. And I paid $70 for a gallon of 20% nitro. Ouch. And Nitro goes bad sitting around once opened. It Collects moisture and just goes bad. Moisture ruins the motors as well. And Nitro Glow plugs cost a crazy $fortune$ also these days. Maybe because of little demand?? Back in the day Glow plugs were cheap. Even the best O.S. plugs. Need the correct heat range Glow plug for the ambient temps you run and all. PIA. Plugs wear out. A disposible necessity. Nitro or gassers, no comparison to BXL power.

Idk I like the look of it as it is different from the norm. Not much on the market that looks anything like it. And the tires only look tiny because the rest of the rig is so huge. Tires measure 222mm/ 8 .74 inches in height. The Tires on the 8s Kraton are 211mm/8.31 inches in height just for reference.
Here is a size comparison of it and the Kraton 8s. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...a-5-5th-scale-to-5th-scale.17660/#post-235654

It was modeled after these.
C33E3A90-F220-480D-B47D-56BFA2C55E93.jpeg

LSE1__77840.1480924310.1280.1280.jpg

Call me crazy but if the mojave handled like a udr I wouldn't have bothered buying one. I can appreciate the scale detail of the udr and sbr but personally I enjoy the handling mojave.
No argument there is A market for a 1/5 Armma solid axle rig, but I wouldn't be in it..

Idk I like the look of it as it is different from the norm. Not much on the market that looks anything like it. And the tires only look tiny because the rest of the rig is so huge. Tires measure 222mm/ 8 .74 inches in height. The Tires on the 8s Kraton are 211mm/8.31 inches in height just for reference.
Here is a size comparison of it and the Kraton 8s. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...a-5-5th-scale-to-5th-scale.17660/#post-235654

It was modeled after these.
View attachment 176600

View attachment 176599

Yeah, but it just doesn't quite get it. Looking at a comparison I think it's the empty space in the rear and how low the chassis is. Idk

Solid rear axle is much more maintenance friendly. Some say more durable. With less moving parts. UDR even has a locked rear axel if I am correct.:unsure: Why it is harder to drive for some.
I always liked the handling of IFS/IRS rigs.

We need an Arrma Desert Buggy!
Maybe the group of potential buyers is a lot smaller than form other cars, but when I this vid yesterday I almost bought it.

Options for these in 4s to 6s category are limited: FTX DR8 6s and Reely Raptor 6s (FS Racing 6s neglected due to availability). The Team Associated Nomad 4s is discontinued.
Now this ZD Racing DBX07 (1/7 scale) is entering the field and looks amazing. Both in RTR and KIT available! Only let downs are that there is no spare parts list (or exploded view) let alone finding spare parts.

So Arrma, using the popular Mojave (Desert Truck) as a base, a lot of parts could be generic if you (Arrma) would create a Desert Buggy, making the investment easier to justify than creating a desert buggy from scratch.
Come on Arrma, you want a Desert Buggy in your line up and so do we!(y)

Im sure they are going to do it at one time
They made a 3s on road car like nobody saw this coming maybe something cooking for xmas

The more I think about it the more I think that Arrma making any more new cars might be a bad thing. It is already hard enough to keep current products and parts in stock let alone kits and parts for more new cars. We won't see the 4s models until next year sometime at the soonest. We need to have a reasonable supply of current kits and parts before they need to release yet another new car.

The more I think about it the more I think that Arrma making any more new cars might be a bad thing. It is already hard enough to keep current products and parts in stock let alone kits and parts for more new cars. We won't see the 4s models until next year sometime at the soonest. We need to have a reasonable supply of current kits and parts before they need to release yet another new car.
That makes sense. I guess we just gotta dish out megs bucks to make, convert, or restore an RC that we dream about.

That makes sense. I guess we just gotta dish out megs bucks to make, convert, or restore an RC that we dream about.
Or hope another company that has good worldwide distribution steps up.

Or hope another company that has good worldwide distribution steps up.
Yup...I'm hoping that happens before I purchase my next RC. The more amount of options to choose from the better.
So to my understanding the Kraton suspension will directly fit on the Mojave? Is that right? Are the Mojave arms much shorter than the Kraton?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back