Mojave Calling Arrma - We really need/want something like this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good.Do you need hex extenders to run the mx28's?
Those are actually Louise MT Uphill for the Maxx series. I am now running their MT Pioneer tires (a bit more grip in loose sand). No extender needed, the tires have 0.5 inch offset👍.

Thanks.I have a set of mx28's that I used to use on my truggyfied typhon and want to run them on my dr8 but the typhoon needed hex extenders or kraton hubs and hexes.

Thanks.I have a set of mx28's that I used to use on my truggyfied typhon and want to run them on my dr8 but the typhoon needed hex extenders or kraton hubs and hexes.
I’ve read a few DR8 owners are running Fastrax 15mm wheel extenders which work great.

Yeah I have been trying to get them but everywhere is out of stock of them including fastrax themselves

How's it holding up? My concern is durability and getting parts for these unknown brands?
Doesn't matter you can't get parts for them in the US. The FS Racing Atom 6s, the Reely Raptor 6s and the FTX DR8 are all the same car but you can only buy the FS Racing version from Banggood. Banggood does not sell any parts for the Atom, Reely will not ship parts to the US and you cannot find FTX parts in the US.

But for anyone interested the cage from the Losi DB Pro fits on the swb Arrma 6s models, you would have to make your own mounts though.
20200419_013546.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't matter you can't get parts for them in the US. The FS Racing Atom 6s, the Reely Raptor 6s and the FTX DR8 are all the same car but you can only buy the FS Racing version from Banggood. Banggood does not sell any parts for the Atom, Reely will not ship parts to the US and you cannot find FTX parts in the US.

But for anyone interested the cage from the Losi DB Pro fits on the swb Arrma 6s models, you would have to make your own mounts though.
View attachment 174273
Niice!!
You've got me wondering.. my brother's Lasernut is sitting in my garage ATM.. Gotta take a look at that cage. I think it's a longer wheelbase than the DB Pro?
Not long enough for Mojave but maybe something else?
C'mon ARRMA!! LOL
Would Rockstar EXB be too tacky for a name?

Niice!!
You've got me wondering.. my brother's Lasernut is sitting in my garage ATM.. Gotta take a look at that cage. I think it's a longer wheelbase than the DB Pro?
C'mon ARRMA!! LOL
I love my Lasernut...the thought hurt me! :ROFLMAO:
Oh and sorry but Rockstar EXB would be too tacky! haha

Niice!!
C'mon ARRMA!! LOL
It might work on the Kraton/Talion chassis.

I would love a Raider 2wd buggy personally. Give me a sand rail with skinny front tires and paddles on the rear please.

Or skinny BF Goodriches on the front and wides on the rear.

Though a buggy would get my attention too. There's just something about a Kraton or Talion with a buggy cage that still doesn't quite scratch that itch. Not quite sure what it is.

I would love a Raider 2wd buggy personally. Give me a sand rail with skinny front tires and paddles on the rear please.

Though a buggy would get my attention too. There's just something about a Kraton or Talion with a buggy cage that still doesn't quite scratch that itch. Not quite sure what it is.
in another thread i said the same thing. a new updated (inboard motor) version of the raider would make a killer sandrail! I personally think the DB8SL could make a cool looking sand rail.

Though I love the lasernut...the least favorite part of the lasernut is the rounded top. wouldnt make a cool looking sand rail. but never know till someone tries it. imo

I think the width of the kraton or talion is what throws off the "look"?
The lasernut, and the raider look longer and narrower, which is what I like about them asthetically.

I think the width of the kraton or talion is what throws off the "look"?
The lasernut, and the raider look longer and narrower, which is what I like about them asthetically.
My idea of an awesome sand rail would be this but 8s-12s paddles in the back and skinnies up front. One can dream!
candream2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back