Felony Carbon Fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
So I saw on Amazon a full carbon fiber kit for the Infractions, and felonies! How strong are the Carbon Fiber kits worth it and how strong are the Carbon Fiber parts?

Don’t know what kit you saw, but carbon is very strong. And light. The Perfect Pass kits are high quality. Depends on what you want to do with the chassis as to whether it’s worth it for you. Are you converting to a GT chassis? If so, it’s a good way to go.

So I saw on Amazon a full carbon fiber kit for the Infractions, and felonies! How strong are the Carbon Fiber kits worth it and how strong are the Carbon Fiber parts?
Link? I bought one of the eBay kits for my Kraton a few months ago I have already broken the servo mount and the rear shock tower. I am just going to assume the Amazon stuff will be about the same quality.

Link? I bought one of the eBay kits for my Kraton a few months ago I have already broken the servo mount and the rear shock tower. I am just going to assume the Amazon stuff will be about the same quality.
I wasn’t even thinking about the shock towers, servo mounts, etc. from like RCAWD and others. I’ve never tried any of those. I was mainly referencing Raz’s PP carbon packages with the GT side extensions. Those seem to be held in pretty high regard.
As for towers and other parts, I’ve had nothing bad to say ever about the Basher Queen stuff. I’ve had great luck with all her stuff and never broken anything. She also offers a 1-year “bash proof” guarantee in case you do manage to break anything. I think that’s only eBay available though, right?

I wasn’t even thinking about the shock towers, servo mounts, etc. from like RCAWD and others. I’ve never tried any of those. I was mainly referencing Raz’s PP carbon packages with the GT side extensions. Those seem to be held in pretty high regard.
As for towers and other parts, I’ve had nothing bad to say ever about the Basher Queen stuff. I’ve had great luck with all her stuff and never broken anything. She also offers a 1-year “bash proof” guarantee in case you do manage to break anything. I think that’s only eBay available though, right?
By eBay kit I meant the Chinese imported stuff. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1255534281...xj20LbIW26ysHCx7XT8sL+EA==|tkp:Bk9SR7K6-afiYg

I don't think Basherqueen makes anything anymore.

doe's it matter how strong it is if its for the infraction your not going to be jumping it.

I'm a big carbon fiber guy for most of my rigs. With that being said, I agree with @Dan B. , about Basher Queen.. I use many of her 'parts', w/o any issues.

doe's it matter how strong it is if its for the infraction your not going to be jumping it.

Not sure on the Basherqueen, M2C, Scorched Rc ect carbon fiber but the eBay stuff is not machined very well.

+1
Yeah Raz definitely has the Good PP stuff , hands down. And not cheap. However, Not all CF is created equal. Careful where and what you are buying. BQ is probably second choice, IMHO. She invested alot into good quality CF layup parts.
Carnage will $ruin$ any CF wet dream in a heartbeat. ;)
Weight savings is the main Benefit. Especially if it is the full Set of CF. I think many just go for the CF $bling$ Factor, because the last guy did.
Going to a GT body conversion, side skirts are a must at a minimum. And simply Going the Full Wide GT CF chassis has its benefits I guess? :unsure:
For me I would only get the CF side skirts and under panels for below the Front Arms. Keeping the Stocker chassis. But I only have a Lim and Stock Infr. here. At lower speeds.
Seems only if you are going for 150+Mph PB's, Full CF offers a noticeable advantage. And the PP CF kit offers complete chassis layout Adjustability.(y)

Last edited:
Do your homework on the quality of the no name eBay parts. I pulled the trigger on a limitless gt chassis without doing any and the holes for the steering posts were 2mm too close together. Major pain in the ass.

Do your homework on the quality of the no name eBay parts. I pulled the trigger on a limitless gt chassis without doing any and the holes for the steering posts were 2mm too close together. Major pain in the ass.

Form over function is priority number 1 for a lot of the no name and cheap Chinese parts as long as it looks good who cares if it actually fits properly.

+!
With bottom Tier no name Upgrade Brands.......Caveat Emptor.
Building a legit Speed Runner requires extreme chassis precision..... unless you are building a Dedicated Shelf Queen and want that showy yet cheap CF bling.

Last edited:
+!
With bottom Tier no name Upgrade Brands.......Caveat Emptor.
Building a legit Speed Runner requires extreme chassis precision..... unless you are building a Dedicated Shelf Queen and want that showy yet cheap CF bling.

Most of the time the issue lies in the fact that their machines aren't maintained very well so they cannot maintain any sort of precision then you end up with parts being too long, too short, holes out of round, holes off a few mm here or there ect.

I noticed the same thing when I ordered an Amazon vinyl wrap for my switch, you could clearly see that they needed to replace the cutters on the machine as all the cuts were rough and the fine cuts were about fubared.

BTW, speaking of Raz Shifrin, I wonder how he is holding up in Isreal right now.:rolleyes:
I was wondering the same. What a horrible, tragic mess. And I’m afraid it’s going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

Unfortunately this is only the beginning of worse things to come. Things were so quiet over there for some years.
I knew the history in that region just keeps repeating itself over and over again. I feel that Intel had some idea, and yet let it happen to create another diversion. China is loving it up for sure.

Raz's last video drop 12 days ago, according to his car's Nav and the road signs, shows he is near the water. Not far from Gaza. (in kfar saba)?
I don't believe he will be doing any speed running for some while. I hope he and his family are ok.:cautious:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back