Outcast eBay Carbon Fiber parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, I was looking at some carbon fiber shock towers for my Outcast and looked at a couple options at similar but very different price points at the same time. I was looking at M2C Racing and some Ebay seller. Both look honestly the same to me atleast. I was just wondering the durability of these. I am not sending this 20+ ft in the air but I deffinitley jump high enough to bend the stock towers or any cheap aluminum towers.

M2C is offering these parts but at 40 more dollars than the eBay listing.
This Ebay listing is offering the same parts and they look decent. The towers look pretty thick and could take a beating. What would you guys reccomend?
@LibertyMKiii What would you reccomend with your Carbon Fiber knowledge?

I also do have aluminum bulkheads. Just throwing that in because I have read somewhere that CF towers rip out screws from stock bulkheads.
1699314093818.png

Same thickness / layers?

Remember, everything breaks at 240 mph.......

High Speed GIF by Saweetie
Now I have not clue about the layers but thickness seems to be right about the same. If anything the eBay towers look thicker.....
I think I am going to buy the eBay towers just because of the price but gonna wait for others to chime in.

I was planning on going 250mph. You think everything would break at that point or I should be good??

I bent and twisted my stock shock towers on my Sledge. The M2C carbon shock towers I replaced them with have taken a hell of a beating so far and are doing good. I'm impressed with just how tough they are. I plan on getting a set for my Outcast some time soon.

I bent and twisted my stock shock towers on my Sledge. The M2C carbon shock towers I replaced them with have taken a hell of a beating so far and are doing good. I'm impressed with just how tough they are. I plan on getting a set for my Outcast some time soon.
How similar are the looks, quality, and thickness to the ones I posted in the original post?

The M2C Kraton/Notorious shock towers are 5mm thick. The Sledge ones I own are the same thickness.

If you have a buddy with a 3D printer, you can make these for cheap. Design them as you see fit. More holes? Done. Thicker? Done. Add a radius for strength? Also done.

Food for thought.

All depends on the pattern or (weave).. this determines the price and strength of the carbon.. from the pic you posted it looks like 2x2 twill weave (yet rather sloppy)..

Does it list what it is? And what m2c is?.. I thought Kimberly used 3x3 twill but can't remember.. (I'm sure m2c followed suit for material usage)

Its in my opinion that not all carbon fiber is created equally...
I've had a bunch of ebay carbon and it splits much easier between layers. Comes down to the fibers and how they're laid out.
I used to know a lot more specifics on the topic but its been too many years.

I'd say if you can swing the 40 more, do it. Its going to be high quality carbon. If you can't, try out the cheap ones.. or save a bit more.

All depends on the pattern or (weave).. this determines the price and strength of the carbon.. from the pic you posted it looks like 2x2 twill weave (yet rather sloppy)..

Does it list what it is? And what m2c is?.. I thought Kimberly used 3x3 twill but can't remember.. (I'm sure m2c followed suit for material usage)
It doesent say what it is.

I've had a bunch of ebay carbon and it splits much easier between layers. Comes down to the fibers and how they're laid out.

I'd say if you can swing the 40 more, do it. Its going to be high quality carbon. If you can't, try out the cheap ones.. or save a bit more.
Appreciate it. I’ll just pay the extra. I think it’s worth it knowing it’s coming from a reputable source.

Hey guys, I was looking at some carbon fiber shock towers for my Outcast and looked at a couple options at similar but very different price points at the same time. I was looking at M2C Racing and some Ebay seller. Both look honestly the same to me atleast. I was just wondering the durability of these. I am not sending this 20+ ft in the air but I deffinitley jump high enough to bend the stock towers or any cheap aluminum towers.

M2C is offering these parts but at 40 more dollars than the eBay listing.
This Ebay listing is offering the same parts and they look decent. The towers look pretty thick and could take a beating. What would you guys reccomend?
@LibertyMKiii What would you reccomend with your Carbon Fiber knowledge?

I also do have aluminum bulkheads. Just throwing that in because I have read somewhere that CF towers rip out screws from stock bulkheads.
View attachment 330508

This guy? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1255534281...gH8wY9CSNK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I broke the rear shock tower and both of the things for the front hubs. The Ackerman has more slop in it than the stock Arrma aluminum one. The machine work on everything was kind of meh.

I am pretty sure that you are correct on this.

Deffinitley going to get the M2C stuff after reading that. I figured selling that many parts for such a cheap price would probably mean poor quality. How hard were you jumping?

I think the proper question is how hard was he landing upside down.. 🤣🤣🤣..

Deffinitley going to get the M2C stuff after reading that. I figured selling that many parts for such a cheap price would probably mean poor quality. How hard were you jumping?
I saw one of the guys in discord may be been @djrahbee broke his Basherqueen one this week.

I saw one of the guys in discord may be been @djrahbee broke his Basherqueen one this week.
Now I am second guessing buy CF ones. I am deffinitley not buying it for stregnth but I saw @BashingBrian 's build and they contrast really nice with all the parts. I know I shouldnt look at that but I cant get past his build. I would get the normal M2C ones but they are silver and just would be too much silver. Didnt they have black anodized ones before?

Now I am second guessing buy CF ones. I am deffinitley not buying it for stregnth but I saw @BashingBrian 's build and they contrast really nice with all the parts. I know I shouldnt look at that but I cant get past his build. I would get the normal M2C ones but they are silver and just would be too much silver. Didnt they have black anodized ones before?

I think it has a lot to do with how the vehicle is driven and how heavy it is. I ran those cf thingys for the front hubs on my $200 Kraton for like 6 months no issue I put them on my EXB and they didn't even last a pack. I think if your goal is to keep the car as light as possible they should hold up much better.

Back