Talion Castle Mamba X 8S + Castle 1717 + Talion = Madness!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetrein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Got my electronics installed, and this thing is bonkers. Just bonkers.

Castle 1717 + Mamba X 8S on 6S, stock spur (50T), 24T Tekno pinion. The car flips on full throttle from a stop. Mad torque. I accidentally flipped the car three times before I figured out how much throttle was allowable - I have to give it 1/2 throttle until I get a little momentum before I gun it, and even then, I'm fishtailing all the way down the pavement. It's a good time :D

I have NTF fans / heat sink on the way for the motor and ESC, so temps should be well within the safe range. According to online calculators, top speed should be just under 70mph - plenty fast for my needs.

What is everyone else running for spur / pinion with this combo?

20200818_140832.jpg

20200819_134040.jpg

20200819_134140.jpg

Looks great, More Power is even better. I would like to know what your temps end up being with added heat sink and fans. I am hoping for a release of a Talion EXB, which I am looking at throwing the same set up in there (Castle 1717 + Mamba X 8S on 6S) but the wait is killing me. The other option is to part it out with m2c racing, but with the back order on so many parts I am no sure its wroth it.

Got my electronics installed, and this thing is bonkers. Just bonkers.

Castle 1717 + Mamba X 8S on 6S, stock spur (50T), 24T Tekno pinion. The car flips on full throttle from a stop. Mad torque. I accidentally flipped the car three times before I figured out how much throttle was allowable - I have to give it 1/2 throttle until I get a little momentum before I gun it, and even then, I'm fishtailing all the way down the pavement. It's a good time :D

I have NTF fans / heat sink on the way for the motor and ESC, so temps should be well within the safe range. According to online calculators, top speed should be just under 70mph - plenty fast for my needs.

What is everyone else running for spur / pinion with this combo?

View attachment 95485

View attachment 95486

View attachment 95487
24T is gonna run hot even with a fan if you’re bashing. I have been running a 21T with a 40mm fan on my EXB and it’s going into thermal twice per pack. I ended up chewing up the pinion tonight doing a self right during a flip, which is a bad habit I need to break. My lazy butt should just walk over and flip it over.

Anyways, it is a ton of power. I think I’m going back to 18T for a minute to both slow it down and cool it off some. Gonna be in the 90’s again this week.

As far as speed, I was only able to squeeze 60mph out of the stock pizza cutters on 21T. I know for sure it had at least 70mph in it. Maybe even 80mph. ??‍♂️

Edit: all of this is on 6S. Haven’t felt the need for 8S yet.

24T is gonna run hot even with a fan if you’re bashing. I have been running a 21T with a 40mm fan on my EXB and it’s going into thermal twice per pack.

Holy crap that's nuts. I went through the whole pack hot-lapping it around the parking lot like an oval race track and didn't hit thermal (approximately 80 degrees here). Motor was pretty toasty, however.

Haven't launched it off of the ramps just yet - waiting on heat sink and fans. I'll keep an eye on the temps. Don't wanna burn it up, but so far, so good.

Holy crap that's nuts. I went through the whole pack hot-lapping it around the parking lot like an oval race track and didn't hit thermal (approximately 80 degrees here). Motor was pretty toasty, however.

Haven't launched it off of the ramps just yet - waiting on heat sink and fans. I'll keep an eye on the temps. Don't wanna burn it up, but so far, so good.
I should clarify I have my motor limit set to 180F. If you have yours set higher or don’t have the sensor wire connected, you may have hit that high and didn’t know. ??‍♂️

I should clarify I have my motor limit set to 180F. If you have yours set higher or don’t have the sensor wire connected, you may have hit that high and didn’t know. ??‍♂️

I have no idea what the limit is set to out of the box, and I haven't changed it. The sensor wire is connected. I didn't have a thermometer to measure temps today. My Castle Link is on the way so I'll be able to adjust thermal cut-off soon.
The other option is to part it out with m2c racing, but with the back order on so many parts I am no sure its wroth it.

This car is a hodgepodge of M2C parts, Voltage Hobbies parts, Hot Racing parts, and RPM parts - plenty of hardiness :cool:

i just put the MMX8s in my kraton 6s, but that motor was out of stock so i'm still running it with the stock motor until i can find one. is it advisable to change the spur and pinion to a different brand thats stronger?

i just put the MMX8s in my kraton 6s, but that motor was out of stock so i'm still running it with the stock motor until i can find one. is it advisable to change the spur and pinion to a different brand thats stronger?
If you need a stronger spur, the EXB center diff is amazingly strong IMO. I’ve ate two pinions so far. An Arrma 20T and a Traxxass 21T. Spur seems unfazed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back