Infraction Castle torque control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
When driving my infraction, sometimes I want to drift around and sometimes I want to keep the tires planted. But I’d like the same top speed either way.

It sounds like castle’s torque control would be perfect for this. My understanding is that it reduces torque without reducing RPM, which is very different than throttle limiting because that reduces voltage/RPM/speed. Flipping the aux switch back and forth would give exactly what I’m looking for.

Is that how it works or am I way off base? Figured I’d ask before going through the process of setting it up.

I had it set up on my handset so I could adjust how much torque was being limited on the fly.
It seemed like the throttle input was almost overriding the torque limiter? I could limit my torque a ton, at low throttle input it was totally fine.
The problem was when you exceeded a certain throttle input %, it just seemed to stop limiting the torque, at which point I was immediately wheelspinning and damn near crashed several times before clocking on the torque limiter was causing me these issues.

In the end I removed the torque limiter, I had better control simply by being more careful with the throttle - By all means give it a go, it just felt super offputting for me.

You've got it exactly right. Torque limiting will limit wheel spin without reducing max RPM.
Thanks. I feel like you’ve been answering all my questions lately and I appreciate it!
I had it set up on my handset so I could adjust how much torque was being limited on the fly.
It seemed like the throttle input was almost overriding the torque limiter? I could limit my torque a ton, at low throttle input it was totally fine.
The problem was when you exceeded a certain throttle input %, it just seemed to stop limiting the torque, at which point I was immediately wheelspinning and damn near crashed several times before clocking on the torque limiter was causing me these issues.

In the end I removed the torque limiter, I had better control simply by being more careful with the throttle - By all means give it a go, it just felt super offputting for me.
That’s interesting. I wonder why it worked out that way. I’ll let you know if the same thing happens to me.

What you described with Torque limiting at the ESC and the way it responded, is much like Throttle Exponential on a Radio. If the Expo curve is flat, throttle is always Linear. But when you alter it to a curve, Torque limiting is overided at some point in the throttle curve.

What you described with Torque limiting at the ESC and the way it responded, is much like Throttle Exponential on a Radio. If the Expo curve is flat, throttle is always Linear. But when you alter it to a curve, Torque limiting is overided at some point in the throttle curve.
ESC torque control, ESC throttle curve, and radio throttle exponential are three very different things according to Castle.

That said, I doubt someone like me could even tell a difference between them :ROFLMAO:

Yes they are different. Sometimes we try dialing in more than the other. Sometimes what we are trying to dial in, can be done in a different way to achieve the correct result. Depends on the ESC mfr. And the F/W they use. I tend to go to my Radio first. Leaving the defaults of the ESC intact initially.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back