CC 1515 2200kv for drag???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryda386

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
Is a CC 1515 2200kv motor good for drag? TIA

If you want to run a Castle motor, the 1721 motor is better for drag racing. I personally like TP motors though.
Ok appreciate that…. I’m going to check that one out also I plan on running on 6s

Does TP make sensored motors? I can’t find any on their website.
I'm not sure, but you can still run a sensorless TP motor with a sensored Castle ESC, using the smartsense setting. There's nothing like the raw power of a TP motor. You can tell and feel the difference.

Last edited:
They do make sensored motors, SCM = sensored competition motor.

https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_157

Can also get a custom one built from R mamba on eBay who is the official eBay distributor
Close...but no. From the TP site:

TP4070SCM (SPORT COMPETITION MOTOR)​

You are correct though in that they do make sensored motors. I have no personal experience with them, but someone on the forum here told me that they weren't all that. This is just hearsay though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Depending on which motor you get it doesn't really seem to be necessary though based on observation. I've seen 4080s (among others) in speed run cars start from a dead stop with virtually zero cogging.

Close...but no. From the TP site:

TP4070SCM (SPORT COMPETITION MOTOR)​

You are correct though in that they do make sensored motors. I have no personal experience with them, but someone on the forum here told me that they weren't all that. This is just hearsay though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Depending on which motor you get it doesn't really seem to be necessary though based on observation. I've seen 4080s (among others) in speed run cars start from a dead stop with virtually zero cogging.
haha that's interesting, tppower.de calls it a "Speed-Run Competition Motor". I did not realize the sensored motor was not the same as the SCM motor. That means you can't even get a sensored tp motor from the U.S warehouse lol. R mamba on ebay lists it as just a TP XXXX sensored and it appears that's where people will need to go if they want one.

Funny enough, his ebay page for the 4070 sensored has a note about an updated sensor system from this month.

haha that's interesting, tppower.de calls it a "Speed-Run Competition Motor". I did not realize the sensored motor was not the same as the SCM motor. That means you can't even get a sensored tp motor from the U.S warehouse lol. R mamba on ebay lists it as just a TP XXXX sensored and it appears that's where people will need to go if they want one.
tppower.de does sell sensored motors, here for example is a 4070 sensored. https://tppower.de/epages/bd5f179c-...4a79-bbe0-e825a2cc9e1a/Products/TP4070-Sensor
You can find them in the reservation section.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back