Kraton CC Mamba XL X Waterproof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloaterDX

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if Castle will be releasing a waterproof version of the XL X? I emailed them earlier this week asking if they will be releasing one anytime soon, and they didn't give any real response:
"Good Afternoon,

Our engineering group is always in development of new products."

I'm still looking at the 2028 and would like to pair it with a Castle ESC, but want to be able to run in wet conditions.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-8s-33-6v-esc-010-0165-00

This was just released, but it’s not really in the same league as the XLX.

Either way, it’s nice to see Castle in the 1/6th scale range with a sensored option. I’ll probably get one for my XMaxx, but I won’t soon be replacing my Max5’s or Max6’s in any of my rigs.
Thanks for sharing. This is a step in the right direction, for sure. They even discuss that this isn't a "direct replacement for the XL X", so hopefully they are working on a bigger version.

Thanks for the input. I've been reading up on conformal coatings and watched a few YT vids and it all seems easy. Just have to ensure 100% coverage of the components.
I may go that route, but would really like to get on that is "waterproof" from the factory. That will avoid problems with warranty claims if something else were to go wrong with the ESC. It would be easy for a company to deny any warranty claim if it had a conformal coating. Don't want the hassles of that.

i WILL Try this new one.

2020 now, this is new
MAX 6 and 5 are 4-5 years old today

I believe this must be better.
I don't think Castle made this to be worse than the old MAX hobbywing .
I believe this is better ?

I use dusty motors cover that i Gore-Tex Spray sometimes.
Newer got water in my system even if i run in heavy rain

Talion v4 wet grass safe for electronics is it best to run during dry conditions??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back