Notorious Center diff leaking oil.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you locate where it is leaking? Crack in case or possible o ring at this point

brand new yes.
The housing itself. Most times around thread holes there will be tiny plastic parts sticking up that can cause issues. Worse case. A new housing might be in order.

I find most plastic parts as consumables. Diff cups are one thing you should count on stocking. Gaskets too. Diff housings as well. A-arms... well you get the point.

I find most plastic parts as consumables. Diff cups are one thing you should count on stocking. Gaskets too. Diff housings as well. A-arms... well you get the point.
So what you are saying is, keep like 10 complete diffs on hand at all times?

Depends on how hard you wana bash😂
Housing could be distorted from heat. Id set a sheet of 200 grit sandpaper down on a flat surface. Take the mating surface to it rub it on it in a circular motion see if it has any high spots maybe that will flaten it out 🤷‍♂️

I know you have AT LEAST that many. I keep enough to have probably four or five complete diffs.

I know you have AT LEAST that many. I keep enough to have probably four or five complete diffs.
Yeah since switching to exb diffs. I haven't had to use them. Probably time to sell them off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back