Limitless Center diff/spool wobbling in mount (SOLVED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Hope I can get some help here as I’m a bit stumped with this one. New Limitless that I put together and after a minute of running, I heard some sounds that I didn’t like so I took it apart for a closer look. It looks like the center diff/spool is wobbling in the mount (see video).

This happens with the spool as well as with a Kraton center diff. Bearings are 16mm OD so that seems right and it sits in the mount nicely. The cover comes down smoothly and seats properly - no burrs or anything on the bottom to keep it from seating. I don’t think this happens on my other 6S carsassuming this isn’t normal - or is it?

7538A694-0552-433E-B33C-910274042EAC.jpeg

BC73063F-1CF7-4848-A4A3-7F940B48A142.jpeg

ECBF5EC8-D004-4B72-A183-01A62BAA3C45.jpeg

Wrong bearings? Not safe to run that way.

Both the spool that came with the vehicle and the Kraton center diff that I ordered from JBI have the same OD bearings. They both sit nicely in the mount with no lateral wobble. It’s almost like the cap doesn’t extend far down enough but I checked the part numbers and there seems to be only one center diff mount for 6s cars and the one I have appears normal and sits all the way down onto the posts.

You have to really push that plastic top piece down so it snaps in flush. Sometimes it takes some force. But that cap has to sit flush on top of the diff holder posts.

You have to really push that plastic top piece down so it snaps in flush. Sometimes it takes some force. But that cap has to sit flush on top of the diff holder posts.

Thanks! I think you pointed me in the right direction. I looked back at the cap and noticed that plastic posts of the diff mount were bowing out slightly and not letting the cap seat all the way down so I pressed them inward towards the aluminum sliding mount and that allowed them to go into the recess and allow the cap to fully seat. Now all is good with the world again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back