Charger/power supply talk. HELP PLEASE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilmac1989

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Typhon 6s
Looking for a kickass 4 channel charger for the garage. I have a venom quad and I hate it.
3s to 6s capable. I’ve been reading the charger forum for two days and am no better off then I was before I read it.

I use ISDT myself but I believe this one is supposed to be quite good. AC/DC, 4x100W. Round about $200.
https://www.sinfoxtech.com/products...r-hobby-rc-car-boat-airplane-racing-drone-fpv
1656433787751.png

That's basically the same box I posted, isn't it? Just a different color? The button and connectors arrangement looks identical.
Yup, But has amain customer service which is the best in the RC industry that I know of.

Isdt is the way to go. Have multiple independent chargers that can be run off one big power supply if you want to spend the money on one. if a charger dies no big deal just replace one instead of having to buy a new quad charger that only does 100w per channel.

My isdt will do 500w and i can charge 6 of the same batteries in parallel. i charge multiple 6s batteries at 20amps quite often.

The cheaper q6 models are good too but the single button drives me insane thats why i got the bigger one with the touch screen.
But if you really want a quad charger hitec makes one but i think it will only do 50w a channel with them all running which is kinda impractical for my use or anyone who wants to charge something bigger than 2s. Its more oriented for 1/10 buggy racing and such.

Isdt is the way to go. Have multiple independent chargers that can be run off one big power supply if you want to spend the money on one. if a charger dies no big deal just replace one instead of having to buy a new quad charger that only does 100w per channel.

My isdt will do 500w and i can charge 6 of the same batteries in parallel. i charge multiple 6s batteries at 20amps quite often.

The cheaper q6 models are good too but the single button drives me insane thats why i got the bigger one with the touch screen.
But if you really want a quad charger hitec makes one but i think it will only do 50w a channel with them all running which is kinda impractical for my use or anyone who wants to charge something bigger than 2s. Its more oriented for 1/10 buggy racing and such.
Yeah, I love my ISDT chargers. I run a P20 off their 600W PSU and a P10 & Q8 off the two 12V rails of a 500W PC power supply I had laying around.

Can you point me in the direction of a hood power supply? I would love an isdt honestly

Can you point me in the direction of a hood power supply? I would love an isdt honestly

One thing to note is that there really aren't any power supplies that are specific to the rc chargers most of what you are going to find are old server power supplies that have been repurposed to work with them. I've owned a "pre-owned" 12v psu off eBay since 2017 and it has been great.
This should work pretty good get the ISDT charger that runs off 24v. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265673979651?hash=item3ddb673703:g:LJUAAOSw3NpiFft1

One thing to note is that there really aren't any power supplies that are specific to the rc chargers most of what you are going to find are old server power supplies that have been repurposed to work with them. I've owned a "pre-owned" 12v psu off eBay since 2017 and it has been great.
This should work pretty good get the ISDT charger that runs off 24v. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265673979651?hash=item3ddb673703:g:LJUAAOSw3NpiFft1
You got me going now.
I wonder if These cheap power supplies would tolerate being in series. I run my smaller isdt on one and i cant complain about it besides that weird overwhelming cheap electronics smell that didnt go away for a month.

I could probably trace the board and see if there are diodes on the outputs in case one turns on slightly before the other. Most meanwell supplies have that already which is reassuring.

Yeah, I love my ISDT chargers. I run a P20 off their 600W PSU and a P10 & Q8 off the two 12V rails of a 500W PC power supply I had laying around.
@Diem Turner ..
I'm just about to buy the ISDT 600w power supply, Is it any good ?? Currently running an old 480w pc power supply and the fan has died 😩

You got me going now.
I wonder if These cheap power supplies would tolerate being in series. I run my smaller isdt on one and i cant complain about it besides that weird overwhelming cheap electronics smell that didnt go away for a month.

I could probably trace the board and see if there are diodes on the outputs in case one turns on slightly before the other. Most meanwell supplies have that already which is reassuring.
Yes you can but it isn't worth it as you will only have 360w. A 12v pus can provide 360w to a 24v charger.

@Diem Turner ..
I'm just about to buy the ISDT 600w power supply, Is it any good ?? Currently running an old 480w pc power supply and the fan has died 😩
It's solid. I've been using mine for a little over a year and so far it's doing its job :)

Yes you can but it isn't worth it as you will only have 360w. A 12v pus can provide 360w to a 24v charger.
I was saying run them in series for 24v total output making 30amps (i doubt 30amps for $20 lol but anyway) total output power would be roughly 700 watts

Here is a beast, but it is hard to catch it in stock -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turbo-c...D=67468&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

I have the 2 channel version, and it is a beast. 20a, 300w per channel. I love being able to charge any battery I have at 2c. I run a 1050w converted server PSU from SMC. If I was going to get that 4-channel beast, I would go for a 24v 1500w PSU like this one -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265748483114?hash=item3ddfd80c2a:g:HzgAAOSwvb5h-MrE

Edit - Banggood sold this same charger under their "Charsoon" Brand as the "Anti-matter". Quick google search only finds the one channel 250w version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back