Close call ESC vs motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davorin

Reaction score
Maybe it is not arrma, but... small help. Is the ESC to close to motor, or there is no worries?

IMG_20231219_071914.jpg

It will be when that zip tie softens up and stretches.

Is this an MT410? SCT410.3?

I’ll go against the grain here and say it’s a problem. They’ll collide if the chassis flexes on a hard landing.

You can either rotate the ESC 90 degrees or buy M2C center chassis bracing.
I had thought about that prior to my reply, but thought, “he’s about have to bend that thing in half before they kissed”, and then I figured at the same time, by the look of those zip-ties, I don’t think he’s losing any sleep over it lol..😅🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll say that it depends on how risk adverse you are. Is there a risk that they could get smashed together if the chassis flexes? Yes. Is the risk for damage extremely high? Likely not super high, but I'd say there still is some. If you want to mitigate risks, @dure16 provided some good ideas. Personally, I think if you were a moderate driver and weren't doing huge sends, you'd probably be okay -- but that's just my 2 cents.

5-6 of us driving on a small track (15-16sec long) at an abandoned quarry. As the ground is hard we canot produce big jumps. So chassis should be straight.
Often a small stone gets into the fan and damages it. robust fan from AliExpress is awesome, only downsize is his size. zip tight proves to be up to the task. Also below the esc is a self-adhesive tape.
I will probably turn esc..

Ikona Potvrdila zajednica

P
1703011907328.png

IMG-20231205-WA0028.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back